The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Discuss auctions and results happening on BaT.

oceansize has put together this tracker of results...

Last edited by Inizes; 04-05-2020, 08:20 AM.
    2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

For starters, we have this one up for the hammer to drop later today. 98K mile TiAg and Dove with the big 3 not addressed. Unfortunately due to color, lack of feedback from seller, the the economy sliding, I doubt we will see the high results we were having just month ago. But who knows! Anything can happen in the next 10 hours.

Bid for the chance to own a 2004 BMW M3 Coupe at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #29,395.
    Last edited by Inizes; 03-24-2020, 03:21 AM.

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

This was a fun thread. You could read the BaT commentary, then come here for fellow owner comments. In case anyone needs background, wrote this post on BaT in late 2018. Site has just kept growing since then:

https://chrisparente.com/2018/09/25/...bring-trailer/

The post includes a spreadsheet someone on the old M3Forum created with a list of E46 sale prices. It was updated last summer to reflect the famous LSB sale.
      Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

I feel for anybody auctioning their car rn. Potentially some good deals to be had.
        TiAG 6mt Coupe | KARBONIUS | SUPERSPRINT | FIKSE WHEELS | OEM CSL | MILE END COMPOSITES | AST 5200 | HOTCHKIS | BREMBO | RECARO | BEISAN | CATCAMS | CP-CARILLO | TMS | RTD | ROGUE ENGINEERING | AKG MOTORSPORT | HTE PERFORMANCE

Comment

Originally posted by Inizes View Post
          For starters, we have this one up for the hammer to drop later today. 98K mile TiAg and Dove with the big 3 not addressed. Unfortunately due to color, lack of feedback from seller, the the economy sliding, I doubt we will see the high results we were having just month ago. But who knows! Anything can happen in the next 10 hours.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2004-bmw-m3-coupe-66/
          Time to eat my own words. Very late rally and came out to what I consider a pretty impressive result for the lack of seller comments, the economy, and the color combo.

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

BaT always throws me. Cars like that sit on Autotrader and fb marketplace for a while and don’t sell for that much of a premium. Good result for the seller I guess!

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
            2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

$18k for a silver/dove 100k mile m3 without the big three maintenance? wut
              E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
              Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post
                $18k for a silver/dove 100k mile m3 without the big three maintenance? wut
                I have no idea. I won’t deny it, market talks I guess. Good for all of us?

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

I’m telling you, it the panic mindset, just like you see people in stores buying more than they need right now.

Comment

BAT has now sold 243 E46 M3s on their site. Updated the spreadsheet with the latest data.

3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

There is a special one back up on BaT if anyone wants a individual color. 1 of 5 in the US, 1 of 7 in the world.

Bid for the chance to own a Chiaretto Red 2003 BMW M3 Coupe at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #29,777.

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Honestly I like every color I've ever seen an e46 m3 in until now. Is it me or does that color combination or chiaretto red and cinnamon just not work?
                        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                          Honestly I like every color I've ever seen an e46 m3 in until now. Is it me or does that color combination or chiaretto red and cinnamon just not work?
                          I'm with ya
                          '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a 2005 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #29,826.

I'm curious to see what this one brings.

Bid for the chance to own a 57k-Mile 1997 BMW M3 Coupe 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #29,701.

This one is quite lovely and worth watching.

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                              I’m not a big fan of it, maroon just isn’t a good car color IMO. Reminds me of Chrysler mini vans.

On the topic of individual colors, I think messing metallic might be my favorite.

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                              X