The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
    In other words, minty desirable cars will fetch what they've always fetched as outliers and average examples will be affected by economic factors.
    What they've always fetched? No, I'd say the run up in prices for minty desirable cars has increased significantly more in the last few years than examples with the same criteria and higher mileage. See 6MT Coupe average final bid data from BaT (includes both sold and RNM auctions) and note the bottom table with percentage change vs. 5 years ago. Also note that 5 years ago BaT didn't have the popularity it has today so the sample sizes are skewed (3 vs 8 cars for the <25K mile example) but you can see the trend.

Click image for larger version  Name:	BaT Average Sales Price Coupe 6MT.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.8 KB ID:	179141

Comment

I think you misunderstood and took that literally. Fetching what they always fetch meaning a premium. Increasing values falls under that umbrella.
      2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Yes, tall money will always stand. I also think the 4th quarter will turn things, but the car market is interesting. This breed of cars (ICE, manual, and interactive) seems to be the dominant dying breed. Should make them strong for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by lvm3sm46 View Post
          Everyone trying to get their shit sold before the bottom drops out. 4th quarter is coming
          Right… at these prices everyone is a seller… desirable spec, basic spec, low mileage, high mileage, everyone… except the people who actually appreciate car for what it is.

That would be us on this forum, basically.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Wolfe View Post

I agree.

IMG_0911 4 copy by Greg Wolfe, on Flickr

IMG_0907 4 copy by Greg Wolfe, on Flickr

IMG_0771 copy by Greg Wolfe, on Flickr

Mr. Wolfe
            You read my mind

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

Right… at these prices everyone is a seller… desirable spec, basic spec, low mileage, high mileage, everyone… except the people who actually appreciate car for what it is.
              I intend to never sell mine. Even if I kick the bucket early, a Laguna Seca Blue e46 M3 was my wife's dream car when she was younger, too, and she enjoys it as much as I do! Wish I could add a PY to the garage, but I'm not looking to spend that kind of money.

Comment

Double.

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 37k-Mile 2004 BMW M3 Coupe at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #80,733.

Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Seems like ZCPs are catching higher premiums, generally speaking.
                  Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                  Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
                    Which makes sense, does it not?

maw

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
                      Across all BaT auctions since 2015, there's an 18% premium for ZCP (95 auctions) vs non-ZCP coupes (330 auctions). Keep in mind there are a ton of factors to consider (color, mileage, transmission, etc.). If we analyze by transmission for all of the coupe auctions, the ZCP premium on SMG cars is just 2%, but jumps to 23% for manual cars, again without considering other impactful factors like mileage, color, etc. It's very difficult to get a reasonable sample size with like-for-like cars for a true comparison, especially with the uptick in the market in the last couple of years. In recent auctions (2021 & 2022), the ZCP premium shrinks further for both transmissions: Manual (16%), SMG (1%).

I have the detail data to analyze so if you have any specific questions or analysis requests, I'm happy to share with the forum or feel free to PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

Which makes sense, does it not?

maw
                        It does. But I vaguely remember there being a debate on here or the old forum over values of ZCP vs non-ZCP.
                        Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                        Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

SMG, grey interior, Apex wheels, truly the things dreams are made of
                          http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                          '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                          '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                            SMG, grey interior, Apex wheels, truly the things dreams are made of
                            That's not what he paid for. Those can all be changed. He paid for a last model year LSB with sub 50k miles
                            2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                            2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                            2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

That's not what he paid for. Those can all be changed. He paid for a last model year LSB with sub 50k miles
                              Correct haha.

Edit: according to a user on maxbimmer, there’s allegedly a 1 of 1 ZCP LSB in existence, ordered through the individual program. If there is ever a record sale price to be set…
                              Last edited by 02_lsb; 08-07-2022, 10:36 AM.
                              Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a Modified 2005 BMW M3 Coupe Competition Package 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #81,188.

How much do you guys think this will go for? If it even reaches it's reserve if it has one.
                                Instagram: @s54.m3

Comment

Working...
                                X