The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tlow98 View Post
    Also, something I’ve wondered about and will likely try to build next is the e87 with the full e9x m3 treatment. Maybe 4” off the axle of that chassis will be the Goldilocks combination?
    It'll be much better, that's for sure.

Why not a real sports car (i.e. 2 seats)?
    2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
    Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
    Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

Originally posted by shibui View Post
      For the purposes of daily driving and long distance trips, I'd probably take something with equal/greater torque/power and a higher POV/+ground clearance, and there are a load of modern SUVs that fit that bill.
      This is a step WAY too far for me.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
      2012 LMB/Black 128i
      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by IamFODI View Post
        It'll be much better, that's for sure.

Why not a real sports car (i.e. 2 seats)?
        I think I just really like the form factor of sedans and sedan-like coupes.The ability to have performance but not have anyone else know about it really appeals to me for some reason. Wolf in sheeps clothing cliche, I know, but I like that. Money no object, sure, I’d have a CGT, but we ain’t there yet, haha. But my daily would still be an understated sedan that has great ability.

Comment

I thought this was the "Bring A trailer" thread?

Someone straighten out the tracks please.

Comment

Originally posted by shibui View Post
            To back up what was previously said in this thread:

I've had both an E34 M5 and W203 C55 AMG. I recently drove some E39 M5s because I was thinking of buying one. Even with the manual, the experience of the to me was far closer to the AMG then its E34 predecessor, which I would rightfully describe as a proper sports sedan. It was a great car, just not what I was looking for. So I ended up not getting one.

For the purposes of daily driving and long distance trips, I'd probably take something with equal/greater torque/power and a higher POV/+ground clearance, and there are a load of modern SUVs that fit that bill.
            I agree.

IMG_0911 4 copy by Greg Wolfe, on Flickr

IMG_0907 4 copy by Greg Wolfe, on Flickr

IMG_0771 copy by Greg Wolfe, on Flickr

Mr. Wolfe

Comment

True. My bad. This should get us back on track...

Bid for the chance to own a 26k-Mile 2006 BMW M3 Coupe Competition Package 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #81,089.

Rejuvenation bid in 5, 4, 3, 2...

maw
              Last edited by maw1124; 08-03-2022, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
                True. My bad. This should get us back on track...

Bid for the chance to own a 26k-Mile 2006 BMW M3 Coupe Competition Package 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #81,089.

Rejuvenation bid in 5, 4, 3, 2...

maw
                In before the vultures land
                2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

They're still coming out of the woodwork...

maw

Comment

And more... and more... I guess at these prices everyone is a seller. These things are hitting my inbox at like 10 a week. It's crazy.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...onvertible-73/

maw
                    Last edited by maw1124; 08-03-2022, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
                      And more... and more... I guess at these prices everyone is a seller. These things are hitting my inbox at like 10 a week. It's crazy.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...onvertible-73/

maw
                      It’s because E46 M3 aren’t rare cars. They made plenty of them. It’s just a bit harder to find a specific color combo with low mileage and specific options sometimes.

I wouldn’t pay a premium just for low mileage, need a desirable color combo with 6mt.
                      2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                      2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
                      2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                      2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
                        It’s because E46 M3 aren’t rare cars. They made plenty of them. It’s just a bit harder to find a specific color combo with low mileage and specific options sometimes. I wouldn’t pay a premium just for low mileage, need a desirable color combo with 6mt.
                        EleventyBillionPercent. I picked my color combo and spec with mileage, and THEN my price. I’m still happy with all three, over a decade later. Looks like I won’t lose money on it, which is a cherry on top.

I’ll let EAG and others bid on odometers.

maw

Comment

Wow, I guess this just shows you they made a lot of these cars. Given the turn in the economy I’m wondering at what point this is considered over valued?

Comment

Originally posted by tlow98 View Post
                            Wow, I guess this just shows you they made a lot of these cars. Given the turn in the economy I’m wondering at what point this is considered over valued?
                            There were more than 26,000 coupes produced in North America, granted a good amount of those cars are TiAg, CB, or JB, and less than 10% of all 26,000 were 05-06 ZCP cars.

Outside of a complete economic collapse, I believe highly desired specs (ZCPs, "blues", and other rare specs paired with low mileage and 6MT) will continue to fetch strong money. Cars that will be impacted the most by the economic downturn will be 100K+ mile cars with less desirable specs (TiAg, Black, etc.).

Comment

In other words, minty desirable cars will fetch what they've always fetched as outliers and average examples will be affected by economic factors.
                              2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Everyone trying to get their shit sold before the bottom drops out. 4th quarter is coming

Comment

Working...
                                X