Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
    2001 LSB, 145K, 6MT, Grey interior...
    Finally looked at this. At 145k miles I had zero incentive. I wanted to hear the exhaust so I watched the video. Him taking his hands off the wheel to shift the car looks ridiculous to me. I just can't understand it, but I don't need to understand peoples' preferences. I prefer to keep my hands on the wheel at speed -- what a concept.

Vans shoes is another one I never understood. MySpace either.

But I agree with the person who said this will put a number on certain preferences (LSB coupe manual, etc). Question for the mod crew, "Do the mods on this car add or subtract value?"

maw
    Last edited by maw1124; 01-30-2022, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBimmers View Post
      This car claims to have the big 3 done, so that should affect price. oceansize - agreed. Case in point - a receipt in this auction shows $226 for hood struts. Unbelieveable. DIY keeps this habit affordable. I'm always looking forward to the next CCA DIY event.
      The receipt said he Deferred those items. So he didn’t pay them to do that.

Comment

Because of the color I think this will make it to the high 20’s maybe low 30k however I don't think its worth more than $18-23k tops with that kind of mileage. Crazy times.

Comment

A few things on the LSB at https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2001-bmw-m3-130/
          1. The seats are amazing at that mileage for grey. I've never seen better which probably means they have been restored at some point.
          2. No idea what that exhaust is.
          3. Dinan mods are fine as are the Ohlins and ECS ARCAs, not excited about any of that stuff though.
          4. Last valve adjustment based off receipts was 55k miles ago.
          5. No receipts but the FCA, outer tie rods, and rear ball joints appear to be new.
          6. Rod bearings replaced 12/1/2021
          7. RACP reinforced but only with plates, not bad.
          I'm watching this and may bid if people don't lose their mind, we will see. What will keep me from bidding aggressively is the grey interior and MK20.

Edit: Just noticed the bids are aleady at $23, 250, yeesh, yeah no.
          Last edited by oceansize; 01-30-2022, 10:17 AM.
          3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

^^^ right. Not at all. Thanks for your thoughts.

#2 looks like a Borla rear section with IDK what mid-section (hopefully someone knows).

#3 I'm sort of like why not stock? But I guess the ECS camber arms do something the stock system can't. I understand that from other cars so I'm not tripping.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

#3 But I guess the ECS camber arms do something the stock system can't.
              Greater camber adjustment with the ECS arms and they are a pain to install so not bad.
              3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

oceansize What is the issue with the MK20?

Comment

It seems like every time a Laguna Seca shows up on bring a trailer, this forum turns into a rehearsed period of shock then a grey or a black car does well, there is rejoice.
                  Last edited by 02_lsb; 01-30-2022, 11:29 AM.
                  Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                    Greater camber adjustment with the ECS arms and they are a pain to install so not bad.
                    I know, I was being opaque... I have them on a couple cars from Megan and I forget who else. Luckily I had someone else install them. I think your C63 will eventually need them and if you can't find them let me know. The Megan ones are now hard to come by. I bought extra when I put them on the 500E.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                      The shoe is one of those cars most pretend to love so that they can nod and wink to their fellow peers that they're a car guy...
                      I think people they're not for everyone. Kinda like convertibles. You either love 'em or you don't. Coupes may be the same, as I'm generally not a coupe guy -- sedans, wagons and convertibles sure but very few coupes catch my attention.

If "most people" don't like a car that's usually great for me. I'm hoping those same people hate the Ferrari FF. For some reason I'd not want to own a S54 Clownshoe but I'm all about the FF.

Either way, the S54 in that car seems to be doing pretty well. I wonder where this one is headed...

Bid for the chance to own a 17k-Mile 2002 BMW M Coupe S54 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #64,891.

maw

Comment

Another reminder to be careful when bidding on BAT. Look at the bidding on this car: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2001-bmw-m3-116-2/ which is a re-list (because buyer didn't follow through) of https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2001-bmw-m3-116/

When it first sold it went form 10k bid to $38k, then to $50k, then to $52k, then to $55k. If that isn't shenanigans I don't know what is. Winner of the original listing was of course banned for not following through with purchase.

Comment

When it first sold it went form 10k bid to $38k, then to $50k, then to $52k, then to $55k. If that isn't shenanigans I don't know what is. Winner of the original listing was of course banned for not following through with purchase.
                          Are you saying strong bids indicate shenanigans? I think it's an effective strategy to weed out the pretenders and the people that bid their zip code just for fun. Just a personal anecdote, last two cars I won on bat I bid in 5K increments when others were bidding in the hundreds. Not because I am mr. money bags but because I wanted to win that particular car and 5K extra for something I've been wanting/chasing for 10 yrs is irrelevant. And I know there are a lot of people with much bigger money on BAT.

Comment

Originally posted by bmw View Post

Are you saying strong bids indicate shenanigans? I think it's an effective strategy to weed out the pretenders and the people that bid their zip code just for fun. Just a personal anecdote, last two cars I won on bat I bid in 5K increments when others were bidding in the hundreds. Not because I am mr. money bags but because I wanted to win that particular car and 5K extra for something I've been wanting/chasing for 10 yrs is irrelevant. And I know there are a lot of people with much bigger money on BAT.
                            In the case I referenced it was pretty obvious. 5k is one thing but a jump from 10k to 38k? That seems "smart" to you? Then from 38k to 50k seems smart? Are you having math issues? That is a $28k jump and then a $12k jump, not $5k.

Comment

In the case I referenced it was pretty obvious. 5k is one thing but a jump from 10k to 38k? That seems "smart" to you? Then from 38k to 50k seems smart? Are you having math issues? That is a $28k jump and then a $12k jump, not $5k.
                              A little grumpy today? If you have reason to believe a car is not going to sell under 50K, then why waste time bidding in the 30s? People are also generally aware of where the lowest possible reserve would be set, so I'd argue 38K is the first legitimate bid. I guess your point is this indicates shill bidding which might be true in this case considering dude backed out and got banned, but I see large bid increments like that all the time on BAT.

Comment

Originally posted by bmw View Post

A little grumpy today? If you have reason to believe a car is not going to sell under 50K, then why waste time bidding in the 30s? People are also generally aware of where the lowest possible reserve would be set, so I'd argue 38K is the first legitimate bid. I guess your point is this indicates shill bidding which might be true in this case considering dude backed out and got banned, but I see large bid increments like that all the time on BAT.
                                Not grumpy but I think you have a silly position in this instance and I'm sticking with what I said, shenanigans. Particularly the 38k to 50k, there is no reason for that jump. I understand the bid game and there are people with loads of money but IMO this was a clear case of someone pushing up the bids with no intention of buying. It is worth pointing this out to our fellow members because a real bidder, and I'm one of them, could end up overpaying and who wants to do that? Of course this underscores the importance of establishing your maximum bid prior to the auction and sticking with that number. When I was in a small bidding war on the car I recently bought from BAT I was definitely evaluating the competition by looking at bid history, increments, etc. I also bought a car from carsandbids two months ago and the same thing applied in that auction. Further the prior best selling phoenix yellow manual coupe went for $55,555 but it had only 25k miles and was a 2002. This car didn't make sense from any angle with respect to how the winning bidder approached the auction.
                                Last edited by oceansize; 02-01-2022, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X