The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post
    Say what you will but the last tiag did well on bat, this one looks like no slouch either.
    Don't get me wrong... I'm a TiAG over Imola owner... I think the car looks great in that color... but I tend to be in the minority. Silver brings out the curves AND forgives a ton! I also keep a classic Benz in Brilliant Silver. Utterly timeless!

maw

EDIT... and I agree, this is about as clean as they come.
    Last edited by maw1124; 01-02-2022, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Please refer to exhibit A:

Click image for larger version

Name:	AndreTiag18.JPG
Views:	320
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	146466
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Slightly off topic (and slightly on topic as well)… I just love these damned things… don’t think I’ve ever seen one in this color combo though.

Bid for the chance to own a 15k-Mile 2003 BMW Z8 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #63,090.

I’m not *quite* at the place in my life to be rocking a 2 seater … but I’m probably closer than I’d like to admit.

maw
        Last edited by maw1124; 01-03-2022, 10:00 AM.

Comment

This is a great thread. I'm looking at selling my 2003 6MT, immaculate but sorting a few issues before listing it. I've been looking at BAT if I go the auction route. Can anyone speak to the "value" of having them arrange for the pro-photos, for the $349 listing vs. $99? I would think that's how some of these listing end up with 100s of photos and, subsequently, better bids.

Comment

I think it's worth every penny. I just watched a '92 MB 500E go for about $15k more than we (longtime owners on another dedicated site) expected it to go for; because (1) BaT; and (2) Dean Lambauch was the seller. That same car had trouble selling for $20k less on that Board and other places before Dean grabbed it for cheap.

For these, I'd put that comparable premium at about $10k. Hopefully others chime in.

The TiAG over Imola seller a few posts up (post 579) is doing a good job on his own though, it seems to me.

maw
            Last edited by maw1124; 01-03-2022, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
              Slightly off topic (and slightly on topic as well)… I just love these damned things… don’t think I’ve ever seen one in this color combo though.

Bid for the chance to own a 15k-Mile 2003 BMW Z8 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #63,090.
              I'm going to be drawn and quartered for saying this... but I have never understood the appeal of that car. To me it's a pretty car, but not $200k and 6 days left in the auction kinda pretty.

(Casa runs and hides)

Edit: and maw, I mean zero disrespect with that comment. I am wholly in the minority here.
              Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
                Edit: and maw, I mean zero disrespect with that comment. I am wholly in the minority here.
                All good... it's a limited appeal car... but the way that damned thing sounds... plus I'm a convertible guy so it sits right there with all the 911 turbos for me... just a super beefy, limited edition, convertible go kart... the James Bond thing doesn't hurt either. It's hard to get that much performance in something that small.

maw

EDIT... what's funny is they've been $225k since I started looking at them almost 10 years ago.
                Last edited by maw1124; 01-03-2022, 02:01 PM.

Comment

I've always loved the z8 and I hate roadsters (I like miatas too). Those wheels are meh as are the alpinas plus those got stuck with a garbage automatic but the factory mesh wheels or some alpinas like I've seen on one when the car was new are incredible.

I would definitely fuck with a z8 just in jet black though of course.
                  2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

I've watched a handful of BAT auctions and I'm pretty sure you get at LEAST 2 cents back for every penny you put into photography and detailing. Seems like the minimum going price for the E46 is slowly approaching 30k.
                    2003.5 ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue - Black - SMG Delete

Comment

Someone actually said in the comments that this car will DOUBLE in value from here. Buyer beware the comments dot com... knocking up on EAG money... $50k including fees and transport.

maw
                      Last edited by maw1124; 01-05-2022, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Someone actually said in the comments that this car will DOUBLE in value from here. Buyer beware the comments dot com... knocking up on EAG money... $50k including fees and transport.

maw
                        Maybe EAG money of pre-COVID, not so sure in today's market.

EAG's site now lists "Call for Price" on all of their E46s and E92s.

Comment

Originally posted by mtpktz View Post

Maybe EAG money of pre-COVID, not so sure in today's market.

EAG's site now lists "Call for Price" on all of their E46s and E92s.
                          Yeah I realized that as I was typing... that's like EAG money last I was paying attention, which was almost 10 years ago...🤣😂

Time flies when you already own an E46M.

maw

Comment

Not craigslist but found this on yahoo japan. https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/...owsing_history

Daytona violet on m texture, can't be many running around with that spec, a shame it is heavily modified. Interesting nonetheless.

Comment

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-m3-coupe-110/
                              • 2004 non-ZCP Imola on Black
                              • Original 6spd
                              • One owner, all service records, mostly dealer serviced
                              • 12k miles
                              • Great condition & fantastic photos
                              • Already 57K with 6 days to go
                              Very similar car to the one I won on BAT last year (Imola on Black, 9K miles), except mine is SMG. Very curious to see what a true 6spd + another year of COVID market brings.
                              Last edited by bmw; 01-07-2022, 02:14 AM. Reason: Corrected ZHP to ZCP!

Comment

Always ruined by one or two little shitty mods like black grills. Luckily easily reversed.
                                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Working...
                                X