The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mtpktz
    From what I can tell, this car is a manual conversion, but isn't noted in the description.
    bimmer.work VIN decoder says manual transmission.
    3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

bimmer.work VIN decoder says manual transmission.
      I just ran a VIN on that site that I know is SMG and it comes back 'manual' as well.

I've used mdecoder in the past which I've seen list transmission type as manual for SMG cars but down below in options sometimes notes something about SMG. Unfortunately the site has a daily limit and won't allow me to pull another VIN today but you're welcome to try:

BMW VIN decoder will check your BMW VIN and show you full vehicle specification

Comment

Originally posted by mtpktz View Post

I just ran a VIN on that site that I know is SMG and it comes back 'manual' as well.

I've used mdecoder in the past which I've seen list transmission type as manual for SMG cars but down below in options sometimes notes something about SMG. Unfortunately the site has a daily limit and won't allow me to pull another VIN today but you're welcome to try:

BMW VIN decoder will check your BMW VIN and show you full vehicle specification
        It won't fly if it has been swapped. User base has members far too educated (many from this board) not to run the VIN, even those don't buy love to chime in so if it has been swapped it will come out.

What makes you think it is swapped?
        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

There’s an option code for the SMG, I believe it’s 793. This car doesn’t have it.

Comment

Highly unlikely it's a swap. It has a manual cluster, and doesn't have PDC sensors. People mod the cluster, but I don't see why anyone would go through the effort of a PDC delete and buying/painting a new bumper.
            2003.5 ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue - Black - SMG Delete

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleSidedTape View Post
              There’s an option code for the SMG, I believe it’s 793. This car doesn’t have it.
              Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by sina View Post
                Highly unlikely it's a swap. It has a manual cluster, and doesn't have PDC sensors. People mod the cluster, but I don't see why anyone would go through the effort of a PDC delete and buying/painting a new bumper.
                Do all smg cars have pdc then?

Comment

Originally posted by Rkymtnrider View Post

Do all smg cars have pdc then?
                  The option is in fact 793 and all smg cars came with pdc from the factory which is yet another reason smg sucks.
                  2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Unmolested... may be tough to find in the future...

Bid for the chance to own a 2002 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #63,072.

maw
                    Last edited by maw1124; 01-02-2022, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

The option is in fact 793 and all smg cars came with pdc from the factory which is yet another reason smg sucks.
                      Why is having PDC a negative?

Comment

Originally posted by egiles14 View Post

Why is having PDC a negative?
                        The holes in the rear bumper are kinda ugly
                        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
                          Unmolested... may be tough to find in the future...

Bid for the chance to own a 2002 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #63,072.

maw
                          2022 — year of the TiAg
                          Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

The holes in the rear bumper are kinda ugly
                            they look like belly buttons

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post
                              2022 — year of the TiAg
                              😂🤣😅 ... my guess is it'll be years before anyone appreciates that subtlety in this model. It's a BMW M. It's supposed to scream "look at me!"

maw
                              Last edited by maw1124; 01-02-2022, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

😂🤣😅 ... my guess is it'll be years before anyone appreciates that subtlety in this model. It's a BMW M. It's supposed to scream "look at me!"

maw
                                Say what you will but the last tiag did well on bat, this one looks like no slouch either.
                                Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Working...
                                X