X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SQ13 check out the PY above

Comment

Originally posted by TexaZ3 View Post

They went up quite a bit in the last 10 years, so now is just icing on the cake. They were $12-15K cars for so long, we even joked around about one day selling these for $60k. S54 cars are there and then some, so $40K+ for an S52 car with this mileage - very solid. Don't think I'll ever sell mine, no matter what the price is.

I love my Z3. I got super close to pulling the trigger on a nice (to me) Imola Red S52 M Coupe before the pandemic. Think they were asking ~17k. It would have been tough financially, so I passed. Market went nuts after that, Moupes got out of reach, and I started shopping M3s in earnest. I’m really happy with my M3 now, and I still have the 3.0 roadster to rip around in. The cars are different enough that it’s a treat to drive either one.

Comment

The shoe is one of those cars most pretend to love so that they can nod and wink to their fellow peers that they're a car guy. It's like the bulldog of cars, ugly but charming at the same time. I mean look at the z3 which it's based off which was the worst bmw design of that golden era of the early 2000s when they had beautiful cars like the e46, e39, e38 and e53.

I don't mind them but the name reflects the awkward design and every car ever introduced in this shooting brake style has been largely unsuccessful. The shoe is like the state of New York of cars, cool to check out and look at but you'd never want to live there/with it (not that california is much better).
        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

2001 LSB, 145K, 6MT, Grey interior

Maybe this could help shed light on how much LSB really matters as its not a low mileage car and/or does not have a dersirable interior color according to the "market".

They just keep comming, maybe this will help calm the prices down, but probably not.

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 2001 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #64,980.
          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
          Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

Maybe this could help shed light on how much LSB really matters as its not a low mileage car and/or does not have a dersirable interior color according to the "market".

They just keep comming, maybe this will help calm the prices down, but probably not.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2001-bmw-m3-130/
            Is it just me or is the subframe panel super cracked on this car?

Comment

It's a not so subtle reminder that they made tons of these things, so the idea of "collector driven pricing" on ANY configuration might be a mirage. Again, I remember when the thought was BMW made too many for them to have any collector interest. Now that has shifted to 6MT Coupes are collectible but nothing else is. Next it'll be only CSL slicktops with cloth seats. And then finally we'll be right back to "none of them will be collector cars so drive what you want" which was more or less where I was when I bought mine. But I already had 2 seriously limited edition German performance cars at the time (figure less than 2500 for North America combined), so the idea of something where they made over 85,000 being collectible was like "maybe, but it'll be fun either way."

It's just fascinating to watch, really.

maw
              Last edited by maw1124; 02-11-2022, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Looks like a demo.

The reason they keep coming and will increasingly so is because everyone is taking note of these record sales so those casual m3 drivers who can't afford the maintenance see this as an opportunity to profit.
                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

Looks like a demo.

The reason they keep coming and will increasingly so is because everyone is taking note of these record sales so those casual m3 drivers who can't afford the maintenance see this as an opportunity to profit.
                  I think it is likely that we see many of the higher mileage e46 M3 BAT cars back on the market pretty quickly when buyers realize what it takes to resolve deferred maintenance and they don't DIY. Think of all the cars that have sold on BAT with this statement "Rear subframe inspected and no cracks found". First off the subframe doesn't crack, the RACP does. Second you can't even see cracks, unless they are truly terrible, without doing some substantial work to get rid of all the undercoating. Going to be fair few with buyers remorse. Throw in all the aging rubber and labor rates and oh boy.
                  3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

This car claims to have the big 3 done, so that should affect price. oceansize - agreed. Case in point - a receipt in this auction shows $226 for hood struts. Unbelieveable. DIY keeps this habit affordable. I'm always looking forward to the next CCA DIY event.
                    Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

I think it is likely that we see many of the higher mileage e46 M3 BAT cars back on the market pretty quickly when buyers realize what it takes to resolve deferred maintenance and they don't DIY. Think of all the cars that have sold on BAT with this statement "Rear subframe inspected and no cracks found". First off the subframe doesn't crack, the RACP does. Second you can't even see cracks, unless they are truly terrible, without doing some substantial work to get rid of all the undercoating. Going to be fair few with buyers remorse. Throw in all the aging rubber and labor rates and oh boy.
                      This has always been the case though, it's not something that was recently discovered in 2021. I think the bat phenomenon is due to the rise in stock of the m3 so sellers will unload due to the bullish market, only natural.

Comment

Again with the grey interior. lol. You know what it looks like to me? A CGI rendering model that hasn't had texture and color applied yet.
                        http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                        '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                        '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

This current LSB most definitely has had those front seats "repainted" and some questionable repaint job with all that underbody overspray

Comment

I will shoot from the hip and say it will sell for 40, but I wouldn’t pay more than 18 for it, IMO the e46 market is getting out of hand lol.....

Comment

This looks like a super nice LSB. Interior is meh but it’s clean. Shitwont be cheap.

I think if you want an e46, this will be overpriced, but if you want an LSB. This it. Tax included.
                              Last edited by 02_lsb; 01-29-2022, 09:22 AM.
                              Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

That bucket isn't gonna sell for 40 but I've been wrong before.

Comment

Working...
                                X