No announcement yet.

The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was looking on there for the first time. Convertibles don't bring very much do they?

E46 ///M3 Imola Red
    996TT FVD'd Arena Red
    C3 Corvette White/Graphite
    F31 328d Alpine Weiss

Gone, but not forgotten:
    S52 M Roadster
    S54 M Roadster
    Volvo V70R

Comment

Originally posted by M Pete View Post
      I was looking on there for the first time. Convertibles don't bring very much do they?
      They don't bring very much in general, if you're comparing values to coupes.
      TiAG 6mt Coupe | KARBONIUS | SUPERSPRINT | FIKSE WHEELS | OEM CSL | MILE END COMPOSITES | AST 5200 | HOTCHKIS | BREMBO | RECARO | BEISAN | CATCAMS | CP-CARILLO | TMS | RTD | ROGUE ENGINEERING | AKG MOTORSPORT | HTE PERFORMANCE

Comment

e92 but perfect option light Nav-free setup.

Bid for the chance to own a 2008 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #30,297.

Comment

Originally posted by mainstreamer00 View Post

They don't bring very much in general, if you're comparing values to coupes.
          I had entertained selling mine since I picked up another car, but at current prices and after 9 years of ownership I think I'll just hang on to it.

E46 ///M3 Imola Red
          996TT FVD'd Arena Red
          C3 Corvette White/Graphite
          F31 328d Alpine Weiss

Gone, but not forgotten:
          S52 M Roadster
          S54 M Roadster
          Volvo V70R

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmer777 View Post

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2008-bmw-m3-90/
            Fuck me, that's a steal for what you get.
            '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

This guy spent $33k on his powertrain to make 355whp. It sold for $19k. Everything is beautifully done though.

Bid for the chance to own a BMW S54 3.4-Liter Race Engine w/ Transmission at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #11,535.
              This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
              https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

I have an 08 M3, but with navi, and it's almost completely useless in this day and age. I'd love to convert to no-navi or upgrade it to a CIC system...one of those projects I'll get to at some point.
                E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post
                  This guy spent $33k on his powertrain to make 355whp. It sold for $19k. Everything is beautifully done though.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/bm...raine-package/

This reminds me of spec Miata guys. They have to run “stock” motors. So they take like 3-4 motors and find all of the best parts so it is as balanced and as perfect as possible to gain extra hp.
                  2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Love the sport cloth seats and no Navi. wish it was a '13 competition. I looked for nearly two years for a '13 ZCP, CF roof, 6spd with no navi and sport clot seats... they're a needle in haystack. I think they are second in line next to lime rock in becoming future collectibles.
                    2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                    2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                    2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

Fuck me, that's a steal for what you get.
                      It depends on how you look at it honestly. If you just want a stripper spec M3 then this is it. But It is still a first year model which means no LCI or ZCP. It sold for market value IMO. for mid 30's you can get into similar mileage '13 ZCP with 6spd and CF roof.
                      2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

It depends on how you look at it honestly. If you just want a stripper spec M3 then this is it. But It is still a first year model which means no LCI or ZCP. It sold for market value IMO. for mid 30's you can get into similar mileage '13 ZCP with 6spd and CF roof.
                        True. LCI only affected the tail lights for the M cars I believe. Which is a feature as my 335is with the LCI headlights looks a bit... retarded from some angles.

I've never understood the hype around ZCP models. E92's ZCP didn't do shit for me, and I actively sought out a non-ZCP (but facelifted) E46 when I bought mine. I would rather drag my balls through glass than have alcantara on touch surfaces in a car. I despise it on our GT350.

Comment

True. LCI only affected the tail lights for the M cars I believe. Which is a feature as my 335is with the LCI headlights looks a bit... retarded from some angles.

I've never understood the hype around ZCP models. E92's ZCP didn't do shit for me, and I actively sought out a non-ZCP (but facelifted) E46 when I bought mine. I would rather drag my balls through glass than have alcantara on touch surfaces in a car. I despise it on our GT350.
                          For me (and I have both), E46 zcp have a couple important improvements that are impractical to retrofit to the standard model, while a leather steering wheel swap is a trivial matter.
                          Last edited by lapoune; 04-26-2020, 10:43 AM.

Comment

yes LCI was only a taillight change and you dont really get much with the ZCP package aside from sweet wheels and lower springs. But for collector purposes (which is my sole arugement here), '13 ZCP is highly sought after.
                            2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by lapoune View Post

For me (and I have both), E46 zcp have a couple important improvements that are impractical to retrofit to the standard model, while a leather steering wheel swap is a trivial matter.
                              I think the steering rack would be a nice improvement for street driving, but that's easily cured by a rack swap if it came to that. Beyond that, unless I'm misunderstanding the improvements, they don't seem to do much for a street driving experience. I have a dedicated track car, and if I were to take my E46M to the track on a serious basis I'd be putting a BBK on and driving without TC... Fuck me if I'd ever pay $225 per front rotor to drive to get groceries and back.

That being said, ZCP is pretty important for an "investment" car, but I think any clean E46M will hold their value at this point. That would be my only regret for not buying a ZCP car.

Comment

Originally posted by BMWahba View Post
                                https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2005-bmw-m3-coupe-49/

Fair result for this one I think despite current economic status....don't think it sold for much less than it would have sold for 2 months ago. Needed some maintenance but for $27k + fees it's a great buy imo!
                                I'm surprised with this one. $27k for 05 ZCP w/ basically 100k miles, non stock, and needing some maintenance? Was it the alpine + black combo premium? Typically mods decrease the value as well- albeit they seem to be tastefully done.

I'm okay with it though, as I would love taking 27k for my 05 IB Cinn w/ 105k miles!

Comment

Working...
                                X