The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Wolfe View Post
    Question is, do I put my 06 Interlagos ZCP w/ 29k miles up this month or take a chance on waiting until spring? There is risk involved in both, but maybe more risk waiting.

Mr. Wolfe
    What if you go old school? Like cars dot com or autotrader? eBay at fixed price?
    Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I think I need to put it up now also.

Mr. Wolfe

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I think I need to put it up now also.

Mr. Wolfe
        You should be able to get around $65000 with all those mods or without them too
        2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
        2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
        2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post

You should be able to get around $65000 with all those mods or without them too
          Oh wow. That's way less than I figured.

Mr. Wolfe

Comment

Originally posted by CrisSilberGrau View Post

I am 6'3" and have a sunroof for the moment, not ideal even for daily driving imo, Stock seat position is entirely too high for me. But agreed, great example.
            Does the sunroof make it that more uncomfortable? I'm 6'3 as well but I have a slicktop. I never for a second found myself uncomfortable. Is your head that close to the roof?

Comment

Oh wow. That's way less than I figured.

Mr. Wolfe
              I don't know your situation, but I could say that I've followed your car journey for years since the previous website before this (I don't even remember the name at the moment). I would be so disappointed to see your car gone. If you do sell it, I hope you never regret it and put that money towards something else that makes you as excited as your E46 once did.

Comment

Originally posted by 05CherryM3 View Post

I don't know your situation, but I could say that I've followed your car journey for years since the previous website before this (I don't even remember the name at the moment). I would be so disappointed to see your car gone. If you do sell it, I hope you never regret it and put that money towards something else that makes you as excited as your E46 once did.
                I will buy another e46M, I just don't want one that has this low of mileage. This car is just too mint because as I get older, I just want to drive my cars. Not really going to many car shows anymore.

It's just so tough to gauge price. Last month an Interlagos M3 with 7k more miles than mine went for $86k. Now mine may go for $20k less than that a month later - not sure what to do TBH.

Mr. Wolfe

Comment

Set a reserve of 70k at the minimum. If you don’t get it now you will get it down the line
                  2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                  2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                  2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
                    Set a reserve of 70k at the minimum. If you don’t get it now you will get it down the line
                    Agree. It’s all conjecture until you list it. I’m guessing it will bring good money.

Comment

I will buy another e46M, I just don't want one that has this low of mileage. This car is just too mint because as I get older, I just want to drive my cars. Not really going to many car shows anymore.

It's just so tough to gauge price. Last month an Interlagos M3 with 7k more miles than mine went for $86k. Now mine may go for $20k less than that a month later - not sure what to do TBH.

Mr. Wolfe
                      Get in your car and drive it. If it's not your daily driver, you won't rack up enough miles to decrease the value enough to warrant buying another E46M. Insure it and enjoy it.
                      2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

I’m not sure what you’re winning by selling your car…

So, you sell your low mile, exact spec and mod car you have been building for years and now you’re sitting pretty with $86k in the bank. We all congratulate you and say “you’ll be back”.

You immediately start shopping for a non-shitbox e46. A decent car will cost you ~$40k. You’ll spend another $2-6k on tax, tags and transport. You’ll shortly learn it needs a “couple things” as they all do, and add a couple more “while in there”. You seem to like modifying your cars, so why not, exhaust, air box, some better brakes and tires… next thing you know you’re pushing $65k for a car you did not exactly love to start. Just keep your car and drive it 50% more than you do now.

Comment

I have put 100-200 miles a year on the car the past 3 years. These cars are meant to be driven and all of those miles have been going on the 911. Plus I have 5 cars stuffed where 4 should be. Not fun. Always sell the car that isn't driven - for whatever reason that is.

Mr. Wolfe

Comment

But you’re buying another one?

Comment

Like other mentioned, just drive the car! Even if you put 10k miles and couple track days on it during the next 5 years it won’t loose value. If you sell it, don’t buy another one cause it will make no sense, you will need to put time and money into it.

I came to that same conclusion with my 2006 Estoril M3. Not going to put a lot of mileage on it but at least I will appreciate all the work I put into it vs selling it for a high price now that will be maybe not so high in 10 years!
                              2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                              2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                              2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post
                                But you’re buying another one?
                                We”ll see.

Mr. Wolfe

Comment

Working...
                                X