The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

Surprised as well. I really thought it would go between 80-100k. Especially since that 14k mile 06 ZCP SGM sold for 70k 3 years ago.... that was such a shock back then

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2006-bmw-m3-coupe-32/
    So…

Is the market capped due to inflationary pressures?
    Did crypto bros run out of cash and are currently flooding the Rolex markets?
    Does “ZCP” stand for zero sum gain?
    There’s bullshit chatter about what EAG would list it for.. does it even matter what they’d list it for, they’re not even the highest bid?
    Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post

So…

Does “ZCP” stand for zero sum gain?
      Nah the small displacement turbocharged engine trend and the big push for the electric is directly affecting market value of these cars. These cars are 20 years old now and everyone wants a clean nice example of the best BMWs made. We wont get toys like these ever again.

There’s bullshit chatter about what EAG would list it for.. does it even matter what they’d list it for, they’re not even the highest bid?
      Yes it does matter ! You no longer have to go to EAG to get a clean M3 for insane amount of money. You can just bid on bat and get a clean car for way less than EAG would sell it to you. These Sub 50k don't have much "refurbishing" need anyways. EAG is losing business here and the fact that they are bidding on bat is proof. Its getting harder for them to get clean cars and now they have to compete directly with buyers. Even if they win an auction, they are paying top dollar for the cars nowadays which means less profit if they try to flip it right away. They have to store them for a few years and let the market catch up before they flip it for a huge profit. Eric talked about the concept of "overpaying vs buying early" in one of his videos.
      2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
      2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
      2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

Nah the small displacement turbocharged engine trend and the big push for the electric is directly affecting market value of these cars. These cars are 20 years old now and everyone wants a clean nice example of the best BMWs made. We wont get toys like these ever again.

Yes it does matter ! You no longer have to go to EAG to get a clean M3 for insane amount of money. You can just bid on bat and get a clean car for way less than EAG would sell it to you. These Sub 50k don't have much "refurbishing" need anyways. EAG is losing business here and the fact that they are bidding on bat is proof. Its getting harder for them to get clean cars and now they have to compete directly with buyers. Even if they win an auction, they are paying top dollar for the cars nowadays which means less profit if they try to flip it right away. They have to store them for a few years and let the market catch up before they flip it for a huge profit. Eric talked about the concept of "overpaying vs buying early" in one of his videos.
        Bruh. It’s rejuvenation. Same same. But different

Comment

Comment

I followed that one. I was surprised they let a proper reserve on the car.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

I followed that one. I was surprised they let a proper reserve on the car.

maw
              I suspect it’s why it’s there and not bat. It’s a nice car though, I suspect it would’ve fetched another $10k just a year ago.

Comment

I’m pretty sure that’s these folks (https://www.grautogallery.com)… they sell on BaT but generally insist on getting ALL the money. I often wonder if they actually sell anything, their list prices are so far out of market IMO. I suppose they figure if EAG or RENNTech can do it, why not them? No shortage of overpriced dealer outfits around.

maw

EDIT… case in point… https://www.grautogallery.com/vehicl...m3-convertible … can’t make this up… $32k for an SMG Vert ACCIDENT car.
                Last edited by maw1124; 08-11-2022, 05:36 AM.

Comment

So…

It's not inflationary pressure, it's that the market took a huge dump in the last months. It's been rallying like crazy, especially the last couple of days, though it had a nice run up and a huge fall today (and I play both sides of the market, so money both ways!!!) In any case, the economy and the actual market are so disconnected right now or we'd be waaaay worse off, and that's likely where we are headed. Prices have likely maxed out for a period of time, then will go up again, especially for the cherry and clean cars.

Comment

2004 Black 6spd 20,500 miles $61,500
                    this group is for E46 owners to talk, buy, sell or trade parts, PLEASE NO BASHING, TRASH TALKING OR STARTING FIGHTS, be mature and get along..

Comment

Not many people on this board (I think) with meta accounts outside of IG.
                      3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by OneSwellFoop View Post

It's not inflationary pressure, it's that the market took a huge dump in the last months. It's been rallying like crazy, especially the last couple of days, though it had a nice run up and a huge fall today (and I play both sides of the market, so money both ways!!!) In any case, the economy and the actual market are so disconnected right now or we'd be waaaay worse off, and that's likely where we are headed. Prices have likely maxed out for a period of time, then will go up again, especially for the cherry and clean cars.

whaaaa. You mean like yield curve inversion and excessive currency in circulation, two consecutive quarters of declining GDP? lol. I’m with you
                        Last edited by 02_lsb; 08-11-2022, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Question is, do I put my 06 Interlagos ZCP w/ 29k miles up this month or take a chance on waiting until spring? There is risk involved in both, but maybe more risk waiting.

Mr. Wolfe

Comment

I feel like things will get worse. Might have to wait a couple or few years for the madness to pick up again. The best time was 6-9 months ago.
                            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Wolfe View Post
                              Question is, do I put my 06 Interlagos ZCP w/ 29k miles up this month or take a chance on waiting until spring? There is risk involved in both, but maybe more risk waiting.

Mr. Wolfe
                              Does it need to go? If not hold on to it because it will only go up in value on the long run
                              Last edited by Maxima SE; 08-12-2022, 11:37 AM.
                              2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                              2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                              2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Wolfe View Post

Mr. Wolfe
                                If you want it gone do it now, Dont wait till spring. Now if you can wait a couple of years then hold till then

Comment

Working...
                                X