Clear All

Sorry to hear Greg. Their loss.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
      Sorry to hear Greg. Their loss.
      I'm not upset about it at all. They actually kept the email conversation going back and forth for a while. I am not looking for a collector to buy my car - it's probably not the right car for them. My car is the way the CSL should have came, obviously in my opinion.

Mr. Wolfe

Comment

Is that what they've become? They were called bring a trailer cause the POS wasn't running, afai remember. If you're still going to list it, I think instagram (@m3list) would have good reach. The forums just aren't frequented enough.

There's also the site cars & bids, but it doesn't have the present panache of BaT, to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Wolfe View Post

I'm not upset about it at all. They actually kept the email conversation going back and forth for a while. I am not looking for a collector to buy my car - it's probably not the right car for them. My car is the way the CSL should have came, obviously in my opinion.

Mr. Wolfe
          I'm assuming you've only discussed your car on here. Have you received any offers?

Comment

Originally posted by Duck360198 View Post

I'm assuming you've only discussed your car on here. Have you received any offers?
            Only discussed here. No offers.

Mr. Wolfe

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
              Agreed but they simply don't look anywhere near as good and most that have convertibles, including myself, aren't chasing optimal performance whether M or non M.
              Or that vert performance is optimal even if not absolute. I'm not looking for anything at the limit, though I have cars that can do so. Reserve power, flexibility, comfort, safety, etc, are good it seems to me. How close to the edge do I need to be? Not very. Otherwise I'd ride a Ninja 1100.

As far as EAG / BaT and Mr. Wolfe's car, I'd stay away from both unless I was going to bring it back to stock (with a caveat below). One caters to would be collectors (EAG) and one to would be flipper dealers (BaT). Neither group is going to think hard enough about these mods vs those to truly appreciate the car.

All told, I'd go BaT, CnB (and let Doug do his Doug thing), keep it, or stock it (undo the mods), and probably in that order. BaT brings some enthusiasts along with the flipper dealers, so the former can outbid the latter (including EAG) if they truly value the car as it sits (which they clearly might).

$.02

maw
              Last edited by maw1124; 08-31-2022, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Just keep the car, in a few years you'll thank yourself and it'll also be worth a lot more.
                Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Is that what they've become? They were called bring a trailer cause the POS wasn't running, afai remember. If you're still going to list it, I think instagram (@m3list) would have good reach. The forums just aren't frequented enough.

There's also the site cars & bids, but it doesn't have the present panache of BaT, to be sure.
                  M3list is run by a joke of a person, I’d stay far away from that.

Comment

Originally posted by Interlagos View Post

M3list is run by a joke of a person, I’d stay far away from that.
                    All he does is repost ads of cars, and his posts get wide views.

I don't care about him one way or another, but any of that is irrelevant to just getting exposure for your care ad.

Comment

FWIW, I think Mr. Wolfe was saying that EAG wasn't interested in his car. BAT will list anything that somebody will buy.
                      2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

I’m not sure BaT does take all comers

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                        2012 LMB/Black 128i
                        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by K-Dawg View Post

FWIW, I think Mr. Wolfe was saying that EAG wasn't interested in his car. BAT will list anything that somebody will buy.
                          You're right, I confused them.

The issue with BaT seems to be setting the reserve?

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                            I’m not sure BaT does take all comers
                            I meant that tongue in cheek. I've heard of ho-hum cars being denied by BaT.
                            2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

All he does is repost ads of cars, and his posts get wide views.

I don't care about him one way or another, but any of that is irrelevant to just getting exposure for your care ad.
                              I’d just prefer not to have a scammer post my car for me on Instagram.

At the price Mr Wolfe is seeking the post would just get a bunch of “I want whatever crack he’s smoking” comments anyways.
                              Last edited by Interlagos; 09-01-2022, 05:59 PM.

Comment

So, are we in consensus that the cusp of market value is somewhere 6-8 months ago, at the age of cheap credit and overvalued crypto? [insert your favorite Jay Powell meme here]
                                Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Working...
                                X