No announcement yet.

The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50K is the price of the mods on that car !
    2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
    2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
    2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
      50K is the price of the mods on that car !
      Yeah, essentially. With all the mods and service performed. Definitely the wrong time to sell. Could have done better last yr, but could've, would've, should've. It's okay. Gotta think about what will be next though.

Comment

Might be of interest to some in this thread if you're CCA members. State of the Market: BMW M presented by Hagerty. Was interesting last year: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...ual-cca-952311
        Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Originally posted by ra2fanatic View Post

Yeah, essentially. With all the mods and service performed. Definitely the wrong time to sell. Could have done better last yr, but could've, would've, should've. It's okay. Gotta think about what will be next though.
          You should just keep it if you're not happy with the price.
          http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
          '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
          '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Ya wait for the market to bounce back, or to crash harder, then go back up later.
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

You should just keep it if you're not happy with the price.
              Banned from BAT for life and don't forget he bought the car from BAT to start with. He agreed to the reserve and ra2fanatic hasn't complained and said that's life which is the only answer.

These statements from you and Tbonem3 are disappointing. You do what you agreed to do. Don't like the reserve, then don't list which is a lesson for everyone on the fence.
              3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

Banned from BAT for life and don't forget he bought the car from BAT to start with. He agreed to the reserve and ra2fanatic hasn't complained and said that's life which is the only answer.

These statements from you and Tbonem3 are disappointing. You do what you agreed to do. Don't like the reserve, then don't list which is a lesson for everyone on the fence.
                Yup. BaT and I set the reserve, so I was fine with it. Time to turn the page as they say! I'm not even worried about the price. The new owner is literally 10mins from me, so he has already said if I wanted to take her out for a drive or something, I'm welcome to. Again, glad it'll be in good hands.

Comment

I just don't understand why people put BAT or other auction sites up on a pedestal
                  http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                  '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                  '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                    I just don't understand why people put BAT or other auction sites up on a pedestal
                    Huge audiences (especially BaT) can help drive prices up, especially in cases of bidding wars. No haggling with tire kickers over an FB marketplace ad. Just submit the info, try to get the best price, and let the market determine what the car is worth.

The modified LSB has no chance of recuperating his expenses to build the thing, at this stage of life the E46 has transitioned to the value being in the scarcity of untouched "good" ones. That's what collectors want.
                    2002 M3 Coupe | 1988 320i Touring

Comment

Originally posted by Albino09 View Post

Huge audiences (especially BaT) can help drive prices up, especially in cases of bidding wars. No haggling with tire kickers over an FB marketplace ad. Just submit the info, try to get the best price, and let the market determine what the car is worth.

The modified LSB has no chance of recuperating his expenses to build the thing, at this stage of life the E46 has transitioned to the value being in the scarcity of untouched "good" ones. That's what collectors want.
                      Do you think that is true of all mods?

Example, would clean mods by quality manufacturer parts like:

CSL airbox - Karbonius - Evolve
                      CSL carbon roof - Karbonius - Evolve
                      Supersprint exhaust system
                      Coilover system like Ohlins, TC Kline, Bilstein etc

Hurt the value of an m3?

What about OEM parts like:
                      OEM CSL trunk
                      OEM CSL diffuser
                      Euro header/cats
                      CSL/ZCP wheels

Is it only 100% OEM cars only collectible?

I am restoring my m3 and am on the fence about what to return stock and what to leave modded. I was going for a clean OEM plus setup.

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

These statements from you and Tbonem3 are disappointing.
                        Calm your tits. I don't know the details/outcome of his auction/reserve. Simply commenting on timing/market outlook.

Comment

Collectors want original, esp special specs/rare, but there are plenty of people willing to pay for well modified cars too. At least there were the last couple of years. Maybe the LSB love-in simply ran its course?

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                            Collectors want original, esp special specs/rare, but there are plenty of people willing to pay for well modified cars too. At least there were the last couple of years. Maybe the LSB love-in simply ran its course?
                            LSB love-in is still there. Modded will always be an acquired taste.

Comment

Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post

Do you think that is true of all mods?

Example, would clean mods by quality manufacturer parts like:

CSL airbox - Karbonius - Evolve
                              CSL carbon roof - Karbonius - Evolve
                              Supersprint exhaust system
                              Coilover system like Ohlins, TC Kline, Bilstein etc

Hurt the value of an m3?

What about OEM parts like:
                              OEM CSL trunk
                              OEM CSL diffuser
                              Euro header/cats
                              CSL/ZCP wheels

Is it only 100% OEM cars only collectible?

I am restoring my m3 and am on the fence about what to return stock and what to leave modded. I was going for a clean OEM plus setup.
                              If the car is super low mileage, stock is way to go for resale value.

If you have one with around 40-90k miles, if you choose the right parts on an OEM+ build, you can recoup your money or even make profit.

Here is my opinion on parts, they need to be high end parts and please the largest audience. There are other equivalent or maybe better parts on market but those will be accept by more people:

Coilovers : JRZ, MCS, Ohlins
                              BBK: Brembo GT (not 996 conversion)
                              Exhaust line: Supersprint
                              Intake: Karbonius
                              Seats: Recaro
                              Wheels: BBS

Adding a CF roof only if part of a CSL theme.

All those parts should help bringing more cash:

OEM CSL trunk
                              OEM CSL diffuser
                              OEM CSL CF roof
                              OEM CSL front bumper
                              OEM CSL headers/Section 2/muffler
                              Euro header/cats
                              OEM CSL/ZCP wheels​
                              OEM ZCP/CSL steering rack
                              OEM CSL swaybars
                              OEM ZCP/CSL brakes
                              OEM Die Wethje CSL intake

I think what didn’t help R2fanatic sell for higher money is the bad timing (people aren’t spending like crazy anymore like 2020-2022), mileage is on the fence to get super high bid, was on BAT previously so people saw how much it was paid.

And maybe it would have done better with Brembo instead of Stoptech, a complete M-Texture interior or Recaro seats instead of Sparco, or maybe Recaro PP and rear seats reupholster like CSL interior if going with CSL door panels.

Just my opinion
                              2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                              2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
                              2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                              2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by ra2fanatic View Post
                                LSB love-in is still there. Modded will always be an acquired taste.
                                Well, let’s not forget the old adage that you buy the Seller as much as the car. For modded cars, that requires the buyer to trust all the work AND the parts that went into it. That basically narrows your market down to this group, more or less. Most other people would rather trust BMW M (or themselves with the mods).

I personally think this one went for good money. Seller may have lost money on an all in basis but on some level I think we all know this when we go whole hog modding cars.

maw

Comment

Working...
                                X