The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hammerfang View Post
    She’s home! Can’t get my high res photos to upload, but the car is looking good based on the 5 miles I’ve driven so far.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2001-bmw-m3-coupe-25/
    Congrats!! Hope you treat each other well for many years..

Comment

Thanks, I’ve waited a long time for this and am quite excited.

Comment

Obviously I love the color, but even with 14K miles this seems top of market for an E92: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2011-bmw-m3-coupe-67/
        Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, Bluebus, Lightwerkz retrofit. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBimmers View Post
          Obviously I love the color, but even with 14K miles this seems top of market for an E92: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2011-bmw-m3-coupe-67/
          No NAV and different interior color would probably bring even more $$$$$
          2002 BMW E46 M3 TiAg 6mt Track car project
          2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
          2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Grey interior was designed by the same Germans who put one chili flake in their Thai food and shoot you a little sly devilish look
            http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
            '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
            '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a 2003 BMW M3 Convertible 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #155,228.

Good deal loading... a dry ice cleaning would have been money well spent here. But the BSW subwoofer is a bonus.

maw
              Attached Files
              Last edited by maw1124; 07-14-2024, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Now here is something you don't see everyday, an S54 swapped E39 528i.
                3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                  wow yea that is quite interesting. Is this running MSS54? Im not too familiar with e39 DME's. Surprised its still using the e39 gauge cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                    I feel like this could be great, but this one isn't particularly well executed. I don't like the idea of an s54 with a 5-speed.

I doubt this is better than an e34 M5 either, although I have heard, but do not personally know, about the s38's problems.

Comment

I've looked into an S54/E39 swap and the devil is in the details. 90% of the work takes 10% of the time kind of thing. I really want to drive one as I feel the S54 isn't the right engine for the E39 chassis but I'd like to experience it myself.
                      '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Alpine 330iT
                      Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
                      Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerfang View Post
                        She’s home! Can’t get my high res photos to upload, but the car is looking good based on the 5 miles I’ve driven so far.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2001-bmw-m3-coupe-25/
                        What was the final price on this? You stole it if it went for 27k. The tamper dot and lack of big 3 must have scared people away.

Comment

Originally posted by bavarian3 View Post

What was the final price on this? You stole it if it went for 27k. The tamper dot and lack of big 3 must have scared people away.
                          $27.5k w/o any BaT fees since the reserve wasn’t met! I think the market is softening and the car needed a few things right away like tires. But agreed that I got a good deal. Believe the reserve was $30k.

The car does have the Besian VANOS system (have receipts) and had the rod bearing recall done in 04, but could probably due with a refresh for good measure.

Overall the car is very clean and based on the paperwork I have on it, doesn’t seem to have any mileage discrepancies. There are a few things it needs, mostly due to age and not being drive much over the last few years. My mechanic was impressed with its overall condition.

Comment

This isn’t an E46 but has an S54… I’ve seen and heard it driven around and always wondered about it.

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: S54-Powered 1989 BMW 325i Coupe 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #155,097.

Comment

Originally posted by davidinnyc View Post
                              This isn’t an E46 but has an S54… I’ve seen and heard it driven around and always wondered about it.
                              IMO, this is one of those cars where the seller could have spent another $2k fixing miscellaneous stuff (gauges, interior knick-knacks, driver seat, head unit, washer reservoir, etc) and probably made $10k on the other end.

Looks clean overall tho.
                              Last edited by discoelk; 07-18-2024, 06:39 AM.

Comment

I'll wake this up. This was a nice CSL with quality mods that lost $15K due to relist. Buyer got good deal IMO: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...3-coupe-140-2/
                                Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, Bluebus, Lightwerkz retrofit. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Working...
                                X