The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

Thank you sir, but don't count it as a sale until payment happens. The winning bidder cancelled on me because he can't afford the car due to family medical bills. Leaves me wondering why he was bidding in the first place and willing to throw away $3300 on the BAT fee. Oh well. I wasn't expecting it to go that high anyway and will pursue a sale elsewhere (or to the second bidder).

I had a bad feeling when a May 2024 reg date, 0 comment, 0 bid user won so can't say I'm surprised or disappointed
    That’s really scummy on his part. IMO the car is worth at least what the high bid went to. It’d be impossible to replicate for that price and the base is a low mileage interlagos ZCP.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

It’s all good. People are definitely crazy. I’d think really hard before spending $3300 and this guy threw it away.

It’s got me reconsidering keeping the car though, painting and installing my Mile End bumper, etc. so maybe it’s a good thing. Doesn’t really seriously move the needle either way.
      That is frustrating OP. Do BaT keep those fees? If so, they really should work something out with you and the 2nd highest bidder.

Does BaT edit their results graph eventually? The car is marked as sold at the final price.

Another sub-50k IB went for 65k, so I would imagine your's would be around that when you account for the high quality aftermarket parts and the history.
      Last edited by Slideways; 05-22-2024, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxxfish View Post

Man, people suck. The "winner" placed 13 bids, was he drunk?! Sorry you have to deal with that, hopefully it will be an easy sale.
        He probably literally was drunk. People are stupid. Maybe he has a gambling problem.

Either way that's super annoying as the seller, BAT will likely ban him. Not based on the user name but on his actual billing name on the credit card supplied.
        http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
        '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
        '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

That is frustrating OP. Do BaT keep those fees? If so, they really should work something out with you and the 2nd highest bidder.

Does BaT edit their results graph eventually? The car is marked as sold at the final price.

Another sub-50k IB went for 65k, so I would imagine your's would be around that when you account for the high quality aftermarket parts and the history.
          I think in cases like this they will connect the seller and the second highest bidder and let them work it out.
          http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
          '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
          '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

I'd love to drive this one. LS7 swap with a Tremec T56 transmission.

Bid for the chance to own a LS7-Powered 2002 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #148,564.
            3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by Duck360198 View Post

The YouTubers, Instagram Dealers, Podcasters, Content Creators, etc. all want a piece of the pie. I mean hell, someone commented yesterday on the LSB auction that they want to see bidder "miamimiles" content with the car if they win. It's non-stop. The dealers know they can find a buyer regardless of price because of all the connections. The content creators seem like they're more excited about breaking records and then they can just write the expense off. It's such a bizarre time to me and the market feels a bit fake. But man there's a lot of money being thrown around.
              Content creators have a massive impact on the e46m3 market, massive. It's a car that gets a lot of clicks and love, it has a lot of internet lore.

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post
                That LSB on BAT just passed $110k with 3 days left. Wowzers.
                Yup... new record I believe.

For some reason I think this car is represented here.

Bid for the chance to own a 39k-Mile 2006 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #149,005.

maw

Comment

1600veloce is one of the few sellers on BaT I'd buy from with no hesitation.
                  Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Seem a bit low?

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: Slicktop 2002 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #148,574.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
                      Seem a bit low?

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: Slicktop 2002 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #148,574.

maw
                      Yeah, probably a bit. This photo says it all, lol. Man, some people are incredibly lazy.
                      3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

Yeah, probably a bit. This photo says it all, lol. Man, some people are incredibly lazy.
                        There's that...

But 6MT, slick top, cloth, manual seats... maybe people are still on vacation.

maw
                        Last edited by maw1124; 05-28-2024, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Might have got a little more if he bothered to clean up a few things. The easiest being the previously mentioned floor mat. The first time I was going through the pictures a couple days ago, I immediately stopped after that picture. The cloth also isn't in the best shape. My car has 120k miles and the cloth looks a lot better. Good drivers car though.
                          2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Anthracite Impuse
                          Fabspeed Headers | Euro Sec 1 | OE Sec 2 | Scorpion Sec 3 | Beisan | Mini Battery | Fortune Auto 7k/12k | Hotchkis Front SB | Apex ARC-8 18x9.5 | Yellow Tag Rack

2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Black Nappa Leather
                          Karbonius | Supersprint | Cat Cams | Beisan | Fikse Wheels | Mile End Composites | AST 5200 | Hotchkis | Brembo | Recaro | Rouge SMF | RTD | Yellow Tag Rack | HTE Performance

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a 7k-Mile 2006 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #149,636.

Former EAG car under 7K miles - went for 92,500. Owner has quite the collection... probably let this one go due to boring spec relative to the rest of his fleet though that didn't seem to have any impact on getting top $ for it. It does seem truly mint and considering it basically just left EAG, I'm not surprised with the sale price.
                            Last edited by PetrolM3; 06-07-2024, 08:20 AM.

Comment

That is a car I don't understand. All the value, every single penny is tied to mileage because on the rarity scale it is at zero (with 10 being most rare). Meaning that car can never be driven more than a few hundred or so miles per year unless the new owner simply has so much money they don't care (and that is possible).

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                                That is a car I don't understand. All the value, every single penny is tied to mileage because on the rarity scale it is at zero (with 10 being most rare). Meaning that car can never be driven more than a few hundred or so miles per year unless the new owner simply has so much money they don't care (and that is possible).
                                Agreed, the value is all mileage and not the spec but I don't disagree with the price - it's essentially a brand new E46 M3.

If you disagree, then is any brand new car worth the MSRP when we all know that it will depreciate as soon as you drive off the lot and start racking up the miles?
                                Last edited by PetrolM3; 06-07-2024, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X