The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

Maybe. I still know people who play music on wax through tube amplifiers, and pay all sorts of money for the privilege.

The rest of us just use our phones.

Only time will tell whether manual transmissions go the way LPs and turntables, or SACDs and standalone equalizers.

maw
    I resemble that remark! Well, I'm not at tube amp level, but vintage equipment, and wax for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post
      I resemble that remark! Well, I'm not at tube amp level, but vintage equipment, and wax for sure!
      I'm sort of the opposite. Tube amp, but I refuse to dig through dusty records. I was just over here shopping Luxman tube integrated, thinking of building another system in this house. My son is becoming quite the wax head. Of course he started with my old collection.

maw

EDIT... and of course you drive a stick PSUEng... jokes
      Last edited by maw1124; 03-21-2024, 06:12 PM.

Comment

I don’t think anyone is still listening to music on wax cylinders but vinyl is great. It doesn’t sound better than a CD or even streaming Spotify like the “audiophile” dorks pretend, but as a music lover it sure is more fun to go through the ritual and look through the big artwork and liner notes.

Tube amps are a step too far for me for regular audio although I do use one for guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
          … as a music lover it sure is more fun to go through the ritual and look through the big artwork and liner notes…
          Those were the days… before kids… with them, time became of the essence… I had more fun teaching them how to drive to the beach in this convertible.

I have both tube and solid state hi-fi, and I can't say the difference is worth paying attention.

It's why I used that analogy in the first place. It's more about preference than performance. Same for manual v paddle shifting -- however you want to get down.

maw

EDIT... minimalist office setup PSUEng
          Attached Files
          Last edited by maw1124; 03-23-2024, 05:25 PM.

Comment

This goes so hard.

Bid for the chance to own a Original-Owner 2004 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #142,282.

Comment

Originally posted by discoelk View Post

I saw this email from BaT and immediately came here to see what people thought.

That interior. Wow. Talk about a time capsule.

You think this will set the record?
              2004 Dinan S3-R M3
              2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post

I saw this email from BaT and immediately came here to see what people thought.

That interior. Wow. Talk about a time capsule.

You think this will set the record?
                Hard to say, but it was $60k in literally 5 minutes. If that was a 05/06 with the ZCP package, I'd say yep record for sure. Still, an AW slicktop cloth interior 12k mile e46m3 is $$$.
                E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

To me that car is way more desirable than a comp pack with some terrible, err, "enthusiast" color combo. I'm weird though.

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a 2004 BMW M3 Convertible at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #142,302.

coming out of the woodwork...

maw

Comment

That headliner looks like it is sagging in the driving video. 20 years and Maryland climate I guess. Buying that in 04 for 50k, owner is hoping it passes 82k; otherwise, they should have put way more mileage on it.

Comment

Just took delivery of the car I won on BaT. On first glance it’s looking pretty great. There’s some clear coat failure below the rear side windows, but shouldn’t be a big deal to fix. FYI the wheels/tires and Z4 M Coupe seats will be for sale very soon!

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post

Hard to say, but it was $60k in literally 5 minutes. If that was a 05/06 with the ZCP package, I'd say yep record for sure. Still, an AW slicktop cloth interior 12k mile e46m3 is $$$.
                          It’s going to be interesting to watch. Since a dealer took the price to $60k I was going to say it’ll speak volumes if an “average Joe” came in and bid higher than a dealer immediately. It may sit at $60k until the final day. I hope the seller isn’t silent the whole auction. Car speaks for itself but active sellers seem like they always get more cash at the end of the day.

Selfishly I want to see it go to the moon since we have a ZCP equivalent. This auction will be really interesting to watch. Can’t wait to see the result.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxxfish View Post
                            Just took delivery of the car I won on BaT. On first glance it’s looking pretty great. There’s some clear coat failure below the rear side windows, but shouldn’t be a big deal to fix. FYI the wheels/tires and Z4 M Coupe seats will be for sale very soon!

PM sent.
                            '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
                            Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
                            Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Originally posted by discoelk View Post
                              To me that car is way more desirable than a comp pack with some terrible, err, "enthusiast" color combo. I'm weird though.
                              This is an enthusiast color combo

Comment

Damn, why didn't the Alpine white person fill out their tool kit? I would have gotten on eBay and purchased the missing stuff.

It's like not having all the keys, it may suggest something about the ownership of it to some prospective buyers.

Not saying it means shit, just somewhat surprised, its a timecapsule regardless and what a spec!

And by the way...

Bid for the chance to own a 2004 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #142,681.

Last edited by Cubieman; 04-02-2024, 03:45 PM.
                                2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                                Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                                Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                                RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                                Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X