• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lemoose View Post

I go for the girls with a nice bulge on their hood
    Queue up the Austin Powers quote:

“That’s a man, baby.”

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
      The M3 has both the nice body and pretty face.
      the Z4 rides better... if u what i mean
      2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
      2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
      2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post

I see that car and wonder what is rotting due to age--and that is really low mileage, almost too low. I guess if it sat in climate control, fine--but fluids still need to circulate and need replacing, rubber rots, plastic gets hard, electronics and motors need to actuate and cycle. $100k is big ask there. I wonder if there is a market for shell cars with wheels, and no chassis parts, so people can just look at them in a garage.
        Depends on how they're stored and used. I've only put maybe 3000 miles on my e93m3 over the last 6 years, it spends a few weeks at a time under a cover in the garage on a trickle charger. Still has the original battery, and everything works perfectly just like it should. I change the fluids by time, not by miles, obviously. So the low miles don't scare me too much as long as it was used consistently.

Either way, back to that car, yeah, $100k is too much. I think $45-50k is the max I would pay for something like that. Sure, it's a rare color, but it's not a $50k premium rare car.
        E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
        Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

the Z4 rides better... if u what i mean
          The Z4M Coupe is a smaller car but still feels heavy. Maybe you prefer the ride because you are almost sitting on rear axle so when rear break traction you feel like DK!

I had a well track prepared Z4MC in the past and they aren’t faster than E46 M3. It’s easier to remove weight in the E46 M3 vs E86. Also, easier to get a tune for MSS54HP vs MSS70. My ESS Vt1445 was getting into limp mode on track during cold days…

Z4M Coupe are maybe more unique with 1815 made in NA but E46 M3 looks better IMO.

Driving position/looking in rear view mirror sucks in Z4M Coupe if you are tall guy. It was nice once I installed Recaro PP without sliders. But installing them…

Also you don’t want the NAV screen that flip every time you start the car… I traded my dash sith another guy to get rid off it!
          2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
          2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
          2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
          2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

The M roadster and coupe are both faster than the e46 around a track stock. Look at the Nurburgring times. Too many variables to compare modified cars.

More importantly, it's hard to believe they aren't more fun too. As said, sitting on the rear axle, stiffer chassis, faster steering, more oversteer, lighter weight. Especially the roadster, which is as a true sports car should be. I'd have one if not for the utility and cross-country ability of the M3.

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post

The Z4M Coupe is a smaller car but still feels heavy. Maybe you prefer the ride because you are almost sitting on rear axle so when rear break traction you feel like DK!

I had a well track prepared Z4MC in the past and they aren’t faster than E46 M3. It’s easier to remove weight in the E46 M3 vs E86. Also, easier to get a tune for MSS54HP vs MSS70. My ESS Vt1445 was getting into limp mode on track during cold days…

Z4M Coupe are maybe more unique with 1815 made in NA but E46 M3 looks better IMO.

Driving position/looking in rear view mirror sucks in Z4M Coupe if you are tall guy. It was nice once I installed Recaro PP without sliders. But installing them…

Also you don’t want the NAV screen that flip every time you start the car… I traded my dash sith another guy to get rid off it!
              I was talking about the way it handles. And I disagree about the driving position. The Z4M is much better
              2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
              2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
              2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
                Guys from other rooms track and report a lot of shill bidding on BaT. I'll try to grab a screen shot of the discussion. That TiAG over Black for $55k is suspicious as H. E. Double hockey sticks to me.

maw

EDIT... in this case "Brian" was the shill. No one thinks he will close on the car for that price (a JDM '94 400E AMG). The car will show up on BaT again showing a recent "sale" at $75k.
                Here we go again with the shill bidding, not that it ever ended…

One unsavvy Mercedes-AMG G63 owner found out the hard way about how some online auctions work and it cost him the buyer's premium on Bring a Trailer

maw

Comment

I’m not making this up…. Yes that’s a TiAG over Black SMG Vert for over $44k, with 31k miles on the clock.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/...convertible-10

maw
                  Last edited by maw1124; 09-28-2023, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a 1995 BMW M3 Coupe Dinan S3 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #122,850.

Pretty sweet. But tripped me up on the photo shoot in a cemetery. Not sure if that's a thing or not. You realize it's a cemetery when you watch the videos.

Comment

I’m not making this up…. Yes that’s a TiAG over Black SMG Vert for over $44k, with 31k miles on the clock.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/...convertible-10

maw
                      the brits really love their convertibles don’t they? crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by tlow98 View Post
                        the brits really love their convertibles don’t they? crazy!
                        The sun tends not to shine much, I suppose.

I love them too, BTW, and the sun shines damned near every day. But not $44k for a TiAG over black. Not even when I bought in 2010. $25k was my max number for TiAG over Imola with under 60k miles.

maw

Comment

The sun tends not to shine much, I suppose.

I love them too, BTW, and the sun shines damned near every day. But not $44k for a TiAG over black. Not even when I bought in 2010. $25k was my max number for TiAG over Imola with under 60k miles.

maw
                          I think my next car will be a vert. I’d like one in the stable.

I think with the Brits they get the sun so rarely that they like to maximize it.

Comment

Think of it as a REALLY nice go kart for 4 people.

maw
                            Last edited by maw1124; 09-29-2023, 03:42 PM.

Comment

I think with the Brits they get the sun so rarely that they like to maximize it.
                              You should get an E85 Z4M. Comes with the S6-37 preinstalled!
                              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

You should get an E85 Z4M. Comes with the S6-37 preinstalled!
                                ha! Love it.

Im not sure what I want..

Comment

Working...
                                X