• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Penny wise, pound foolish
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Hopefully you guys don't mind me posting this here...

Could I please get the forum's opinion on whether or not I should go back to clear lights on my car before putting on BaT? I have always loved the way amber lights look with interlagos, but never was a fan of how polarizing the front corners were. I matched my calipers to the ambers. Anyways, would the car bring more money if I went to all factory clears?

Also, as far as side grills, I always felt the chromes didn't look great and the black were just too "aftermarket" looking. I went with a hybrid which, IMO, looks the best, but I need to list the car maybe on a more conservative aesthetic. Would love your thoughts!

IMG_0333 copy by Greg Wolfe, on Flickr

IMG_0335 copy by Greg Wolfe, on Flickr

IMG_1171 copy by Greg Wolfe, on Flickr

Mr. Wolfe

Comment

Clears and chrome but it won’t matter. Your car is going to do well regardless. Someone would have to be a complete moron to be close to the winning bid and go nah, has amber, not going another 250.
        Last edited by oceansize; 07-27-2022, 01:19 PM.
        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
          Clears and chrome but it won’t matter. Your car is going to do well regardless. Someone would have to be a complete moron to be close to the winning bid and go nah, has amber, not going another 250.
          Right, but do some people see amber as a downgrade and then wonder what else was "downgraded"? Trying to show the car best I can. My interior was near mint, but still replaced all touch points with brand new pieces.

Mr. Wolfe

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Wolfe View Post
            Hopefully you guys don't mind me posting this here...

Could I please get the forum's opinion on whether or not I should go back to clear lights on my car before putting on BaT? I have always loved the way amber lights look with interlagos, but never was a fan of how polarizing the front corners were. I matched my calipers to the ambers. Anyways, would the car bring more money if I went to all factory clears?

Also, as far as side grills, I always felt the chromes didn't look great and the black were just too "aftermarket" looking. I went with a hybrid which, IMO, looks the best, but I need to list the car maybe on a more conservative aesthetic. Would love your thoughts!
            Given what I've seen in terms of results on BaT, a stock car seems to fetch more money, especially in more desirable specs with very low mileage like yours.

My opinion is to put it back to as stock as possible within reason, certainly low hanging fruit like clear lights and stock chrome grills to appeal to the BaT collectors. If you decide to go this route and want to sell the ambers, please let me know!

Best of luck - can't wait to see your auction results.

Right, but do some people see amber as a downgrade and then wonder what else was "downgraded"? Trying to show the car best I can. My interior was near mint, but still replaced all touch points with brand new pieces.

Mr. Wolfe
            I believe many do - especially those that are looking for "collector" grade or EAG type cars.

Comment

It is subjective but I think the majority like clear and chrome. Amber isn’t a downgrade just some don’t like the deviation. Clear and Chrome is the safe play.
              3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Thank for your input guys, really appreciated!

Mr. Wolfe

Comment

Thank for your input guys, really appreciated!

Mr. Wolfe
                  Everything about your car is OEM, low mile, LCI, ZCP… if you don’t care where it ends up, call the “rejuvenators” and get an offer. Could be a good starting point, and they have been making it rain on BaT lately, so clearly they haven’t gotten the economy memo yet.
                  Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post

Everything about your car is OEM, low mile, LCI, ZCP… if you don’t care where it ends up, call the “rejuvenators” and get an offer. Could be a good starting point, and they have been making it rain on BaT lately, so clearly they haven’t gotten the economy memo yet.
                    It is highly modded though, but almost all cannot be seen. CSL intake, snorkel, fuel rail, map sensor, full SS exhaust, BBK, etc.

Mr. Wolfe

Comment

It is highly modded though, but almost all cannot be seen. CSL intake, snorkel, fuel rail, map sensor, full SS exhaust, BBK, etc.

Mr. Wolfe
                      Mine has near identical mods, minus the airbox. brembos and supersprint are not eBay mods. I think you’ll do well.

edit: What I am trying to say is, if the said rejuvenators buy your car… sourcing OEM parts is cheap and easy, shit, they probably have them sitting on the shelf from other cars. As a result, selling yours high end mods will bring in additional money for them, in fact, They can probably turn around and sell it to one of their customers. I suspect service brings in solid revenue in that shop.
                      Last edited by 02_lsb; 07-27-2022, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post

Mine has near identical mods, minus the airbox. brembos and supersprint are not eBay mods. I think you’ll do well.

edit: What I am trying to say is, if the said rejuvenators buy your car… sourcing OEM parts is cheap and easy, shit, they probably have them sitting on the shelf from other cars. As a result, selling yours high end mods will bring in additional money for them, in fact, They can probably turn around and sell it to one of their customers. I suspect service brings in solid revenue in that shop.
                        I hear you. I am just not sure who the Rejuvenators are.

Mr. Wolfe

Comment

I hear you. I am just not sure who the Rejuvenators are.

Mr. Wolfe
                          Oh. lol. I failed. EAG. There are, however, lots of assumptions in my reasoning. I could be completely wrong, I do appreciate what you have done to your car, it is very nice.
                          Last edited by 02_lsb; 07-27-2022, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Either keep it all amber (including sidemarker and front corner lamps) to match the calipers or go clear all around (the classic look is what sells nowadays). Leave the grill as is.
                            2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                            2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                            2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
                              Either keep it all amber (including sidemarker and front corner lamps) to match the calipers or go clear all around (the classic look is what sells nowadays). Leave the grill as is.
                              Thanks and agree. Going all clear and leaving side the grills as is. Front grille is chrome.

Mr. Wolfe

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

Still don't understand how people don't get the direct correlation between paying for good photos and getting more money from your sale. Oh and plus, some great photos to remember your old car by.
                                He had the car for 3 months. Typical flipper.
                                BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                                https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Working...
                                X