The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kermmmit7 View Post
    This was fair price in my opinion but probably he is not in rush to sell. I was surprised that they let him set reserve that high. I guess 50k.
    I'm also surprised it didn't hit reserve. I thought people were complaining BAT was forcing low reserves?

Comment

145k mile LSB closing hard AF right now!

Edit: Hammer down at $50k
      Last edited by Phoenix///M3; 02-04-2022, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bmw View Post
        I'm also surprised it didn't hit reserve. I thought people were complaining BAT was forcing low reserves?
        Greedy sellers complain, but I think the BaT reserves are about right. They complain even more about Doug DeMuro at Cars and Bids. Fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly.

My opinion is these are $50k cars, more or less regardless as to form +/- $10k for color and condition. Ultra low mileage is a wild card for those who want to pay for it. God bless'em. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong, doesn't really matter.

maw

EDIT... Phoenix///M3 I was watching that on my phone as I was typing. BaT was "Checking..." Oh, now I see... $50k... surprise surprise… that’s about $10k high in my book… $50k minus $15k for mileage / interior color plus $5k for exterior color/spec/condition… YMMV.
        Last edited by maw1124; 02-04-2022, 12:21 PM.

Comment

All you LSB nay sayers see the end of this? Holy shit.
          Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Just wait until high bidder finds out his car looks turquoise in certain light.
            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

So a 44k mile PY gets $46 grand and a 145k mile LSB gets $50 grand. That’s messed up.

Comment

Then He might buy a second one. Don’t tell him.
                Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

PY bat guy punching the air rn.
                  2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by Rkymtnrider View Post
                    So a 44k mile PY gets $46 grand and a 145k mile LSB gets $50 grand. That’s messed up.
                    Yeah... this kind of turbulence happens when cars suddenly get "hot" and people start speculating all over the place. It's smart not to chase the top of the market. And for these especially, since 100k miles is barely broken in, if you're going to drive it and enjoy it, there's really no need to chase the low milers. My opinion anyway. I WOULD try to get the most original, well maintained car I could afford though, but that's Captain Obvious speaking. These interiors will show wear no matter what, just like Porsche's so you'll need to deal with that at any mileage. The drivetrains are stout though.

maw
                    Last edited by maw1124; 02-04-2022, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

Greedy sellers complain, but I think the BaT reserves are about right. They complain even more about Doug DeMuro at Cars and Bids. Fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly.

My opinion is these are $50k cars, more or less regardless as to form +/- $10k for color and condition. Ultra low mileage is a wild card for those who want to pay for it. God bless'em. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong, doesn't really matter.

maw

EDIT... Phoenix///M3 I was watching that on my phone as I was typing. BaT was "Checking..." Oh, now I see... $50k... surprise surprise.
                      You are right, when I was trying to sell my M5 , I contacted to both websites , BAT offered me 27k reserve Cars&bids 24k , I wanted around 30k for car but 10% lower reserve was fair so I approved BAT. 3 days later some local guy offered me 29k and I sold because I didn't want to wait 6-8 weeks for listing and 29k satisfied me.

Comment

Wow I’m very surprised by the price this sold for. I thought max would be low $30k. I guess there are dumb people with too much money in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by lemoose View Post

Buy it for his asking price and then sell it on BaT lol. Cars with mileage in the low thousands are easily bringing in near 100k. A sub 1k mile example will blow through 100k easy I'd bet. Don't sell the IB street car though.... I'd kill to roll back my miles down to 800 miraculously but not at the expense of looking at PY every day.
                          Idk if id sell it tbh. I personally like PY and always wanted one. But..money talks and if the market is still ridiculous in 5-10 years, I may consider it. The idea of owing a practically new E46M is what makes me want it..couldn’t buy new in 2006 bc I was 10 y/o lol.

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

I would make sure that it is truly a 2006 which would make it an individual car since PY production ended in 05. See if it is a ZCP? The SMG is irrelevant for this particular car. That thing is a unicorn and probably the rarest and lowest mileage PY car in the world. Hard to put an exact number on it but I think there are people out there who love PY enough to drop close to 100k on it. I would say if he is asking less than 60k, then he has no idea what he is sitting on or doesn't want to go through the hassle of getting top dollar for it.
                          It is, indeed, an individual order 2006 PY/black M3. Not a ZCP. No photos yet bc it’s stored well, but I’ll be checking it out this spring or summer. It came with the 19” 67M wheels and I’m told that the owner is including an extra set of new 19” wheels..I’m hoping they’re ZCP wheels. The only mods I would do are ZCP wheels and Ohlins R&T coilovers.
                          Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                          Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by LVMESM46 View Post
                            SQ13 check out the PY above
                            Lol that was a disaster 😭
                            Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                            Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Sold for more money than a 46k mile manual 2005 ZCP in Interlagos with cloth seats from a year ago. lol

Bid for the chance to own a 46k-Mile 2005 BMW M3 Competition Package 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #43,232.

Or this tiag on grey with 27k miles from December 2021. I guess color trumps everything.

Bid for the chance to own a 27k-Mile 2006 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #61,689.
                              3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by GreyM340i View Post
                                Wow I’m very surprised by the price this sold for. I thought max would be low $30k. I guess there are dumb people with too much money in this world.
                                Same, I'm suspicious of the fact that someone would be desperate enough to drop 50k on a beat 01 with gray interior.

We'll know more once additional sales data is gathered within the coming months.

Comment

Working...
                                X