The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skristedja View Post

Still considerably below original MSRP if you account for inflation. Not that crazy IMO considering that the car is likely one of the lowest mileage mystic blue e46 m3s in existence.
    I'm mostly surprised it got that high because of the interior and SMG.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

I'm mostly surprised it got that high because of the interior and SMG.
      I don't like gray interior because looks good just with one color ... Mystic blue . I expected 45-50k. Few guys wanted it, even one dealer. Definitely unicorn even with SMG.
      Last edited by kermmmit7; 10-09-2020, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Whoever bought that doesn’t give two shits about SMG or interior/exterior color. They paid for what is probably the lowest mileage car in the country which happens to be a last model year car. Win win
        2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
        2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
        2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
          Another point on this for those that aren't aware of how this stuff works. It is important to note there are concierge services who will absolutely take care of everything and anything you want done. I have another friend who uses a concierge service for his vacation home at the beach. He doesn't rent it because he doesn't want to, so he calls his guy...
          Our family rents a house at the beach yearly, the next door house is owned by a billionaire, one of the original cable TV founder guys, it's one of 10-15 of his properties. He is never there, and would never rent it out, but it is kept in absolutely immaculate condition, the pool is open, hot tub running, everything spotlessly clean, on the off chance he decides to drop in. It's a cedar shake house and I think they re-stain the entire thing every six months lol, just perfect. I'm actually not jealous of the billionaire dude ( I don't dream about what I can't feasibly have), I actually think it would be cool to be the guy in the property management biz and take care of a house like this with an open checkbook.

Comment

Not BaT, but I contacted this seller as he's fairly close by. 2006 ZCP, 83k miles. Front and back bumpers painted due to chips/rock blasting, no accidents/incidents (freeway sand/rock spray has devastated my front bumper in 90k miles, so I concur).
            https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...3504932878175/

I think this is probably a $30k+ car, assuming nothing hidden and it has black interior (can't tell from pics). I didn't ask buying questions, but from his replies I doubt he's done anything with the car besides dealer/indy essential maintenance, so expect that VANOS isn't upgraded, and RACP hasn't been checked/reinforced.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesSJ1 View Post
              Not BaT, but I contacted this seller as he's fairly close by. 2006 ZCP, 83k miles. Front and back bumpers painted due to chips/rock blasting, no accidents/incidents (freeway sand/rock spray has devastated my front bumper in 90k miles, so I concur).

I think this is probably a $30k+ car, assuming nothing hidden and it has black interior (can't tell from pics). I didn't ask buying questions, but from his replies I doubt he's done anything with the car besides dealer/indy essential maintenance, so expect that VANOS isn't upgraded, and RACP hasn't been checked/reinforced.
              An interlagos blue in very nice condition with less miles and same spec sat for months at under 18k at a local, large specialty dealer. How would this be a 30k car?

Comment

Originally posted by Icecream View Post

An interlagos blue in very nice condition with less miles and same spec sat for months at under 18k at a local, large specialty dealer. How would this be a 30k car?
                I had been following the market just enough to think this would sell a good deal higher, closer to $30k, but from looking at parts of this thread I had missed it appears there is a pretty big drop off in pricing after about 50k miles. I think most of us look at 83k miles here as no big deal, but in the modern classics realm, it still kills the price.
                Last edited by JamesSJ1; 10-12-2020, 08:41 AM.

Comment

I had been following the market just enough to think this would sell a good deal higher, closer to $30k, but from looking at parts of this thread I had missed it appears there is a pretty big drop off in pricing after about 50k miles. I think most of us look at 83k miles here as no big deal, but in the modern classis realm, it still kills the price.
                  Right, 83k miles for all intents and purposes is 100k miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Icecream View Post

Right, 83k miles for all intents and purposes is 100k miles.
                    Not only that, but SMG all but guarantees your car is going to sit on the market for months unless it's ridiculously clean.
                    2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

Comment

More like $20K at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post

More like $20K at best.
                        Well, FWIW it's noted pending in less than 24 hours, so I'm sure he did just fine at least $20k. A truly clean ZCP has it's place and price, and MT conversions are a known activity and reasonable DIY now with help from this board. Especially in western US states, it's getting harder and harder to find ANY M3 coupe that doesn't have high mileage or a significant accident history when all the boy-racers have bought them up for $15-20k over the past several years and trashed them. As for SMG, I don't disagree although I'm perfectly happy with mine (after CSL "upgrade") and was perfectly fine with my E60 M5 SMG3 years ago too. Most people hated SMG because the motor would die out (most common issue), leave them stranded, and there was only one fix path - replace the whole thing for $4-5k. These days we know better, the motor wearing out is by far the main problem, and it's a relatively simple and cheap fix ($400-500 for a motor and related parts, a few hours of labor).

Comment

Could that guy have put less effort into his For Sale ad?

Comment

Originally posted by Carl Spackler View Post
                            Could that guy have put less effort into his For Sale ad?
                            Lol yeah "rare very rare"
                            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Not BaT and not m3 hehe: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...56293514399264

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
                                Damn they are proud of that one, almost twice the mileage and a few thousand more than https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2011-bmw-1m-62/
                                3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Working...
                                X