The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skristedja View Post

Maybe this is like that LSB and actually has 250k miles but the previous owner was shady AF
    OR he actually drove it a million miles like the legend Al Bundy

Comment

Originally posted by skristedja View Post

But why would they own the car for so long and drive it so rarely if it wasn't for appreciation of value? What was the point of owning it?
      It being in colorado definitely helps keeps the miles down. If you only drive it during perfect days then you'll maybe get to drive it for half of the year. But yeah, confused as to why the previous owner traded it in.
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Some people who have "real" money will do anything to avoid hassle. I have friend that falls into this category. Doesn't give f### if he misses out on 10k. IMO he is an idiot and I regularly tell him so.
        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
          Some people who have "real" money will do anything to avoid hassle. I have friend that falls into this category. Doesn't give f### if he misses out on 10k. IMO he is an idiot and I regularly tell him so.
          In the time it takes to sell a car, those same people can easily make more than the $10k

Comment

Originally posted by elbert View Post

In the time it takes to sell a car, those same people can easily make more than the $10k
            Understood, still an idiot. Pay somebody 1k and keep the 9k. Dummies.
            3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

God stock wheel gap just looks so bad

Comment

Another point on this for those that aren't aware of how this stuff works. It is important to note there are concierge services who will absolutely take care of everything and anything you want done. I have another friend who uses a concierge service for his vacation home at the beach. He doesn't rent it because he doesn't want to, so he calls his guy who then has his people go down to the house and run the water (I'm not joking, they do this on a regular schedule). They pick up his packages, organize furniture deliveries, set up his electronics, hire plumbers, contractors, etc. etc. etc. And yes they have facilitated the sales of his cars which he kept at his beach home. Anything you want done can be done for a fee and under this model you don't simply give up 10k or whatever the amount is.

Edit: Fee structure is the concierge charges a flat up front fee and then an hourly rate beyond that. There are exceptions and sometimes it is just one flat fee.
                Last edited by oceansize; 10-06-2020, 11:23 AM.

Comment

I think you underestimate how expensive time is for people in that income bracket.
                  '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

I think you underestimate how expensive time is for people in that income bracket.
                    Quite the opposite. Re-read what I said (granted it wasn't phrased eloquently)

Comment

Quite the opposite. Re-read what I said (granted it wasn't phrased eloquently)
                      Lol, I think I quoted you by accident.
                      '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

The 4k mi car just sold for $56.5k. Pretty crazy.
                        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                          The 4k mi car just sold for $56.5k. Pretty crazy.
                          Still considerably below original MSRP if you account for inflation. Not that crazy IMO considering that the car is likely one of the lowest mileage mystic blue e46 m3s in existence.

Comment

Would a 6MT brought more? Don't believe we can reference that $90k deal that never happened but BaT still shows.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix///M3 View Post
                              Would a 6MT brought more? Don't believe we can reference that $90k deal that never happened but BaT still shows.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              Grey interior and SMG took 10 to 15k off for sure.

Comment

Further proof that "investing" in liabilities loses you money.
                                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Working...
                                X