The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Interlagos View Post

IIRC he started at $46k and came down to $44k before taking it down to evidently list on C&B. Beautiful color combo, but the higher miles and lack of maintenance history doesn’t warrant >$40k, IMO. Maybe if it was a true ZCP.
    IDK... maintenance history actually looks like it stayed in a BMW dealer's hands every 10k or so, give or take, which is more or less factory spec and actually pretty good for these. I don't expect these to fall apart under that kind of care, otherwise no one would buy them and CERTAINLY no one would track them. No one would care about them actually. No evidence of the "big three" being done, but I've never heard of that outside of these forums (strike that... BEFORE these forums). Which shows you both the importance of these forums and that the rest of the bidding world may not care.

maw
    Last edited by maw1124; 03-01-2022, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Is it safe to say that Silver Grey will probably outperform every other color from here on out? Including Interlagos?

Comment

No evidence of the "big three" being done, but I've never heard of that outside of these forums. Which shows you both the importance of these forums and that the rest of the bidding world may not care.
        ?? Comes up in every E46 M3 auction on BaT these days.
        Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBimmers View Post

?? Comes up in every E46 M3 auction on BaT these days.
          Previous post edited... I meant BEFORE these forums... of course now it has become commonplace to mention them... largely because of these forums... which is of course the point I made.

Back on point, this will bring all the money, or at least it should… https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1995-bmw-540i-44/ that stance though! Back when DINAN meant something. But this guy actually uttered the words “all the added Steve Dinan stuff” when showcasing the supercharger. 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Now I need to look the car up because I’m sure this guy doesn’t know what all DINAN did to the car. Luckily BaT did a good job on the writeup.

maw

EDIT… funny thing… the owner of this car, who bought it from Steve, is like a couple of the guys who have sold me cars… old racing guys who just want to see the car go to the next person who’ll enjoy it and care for it the way they did. That video was worth the time to make this post.
          Last edited by maw1124; 03-01-2022, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shibui View Post
            Is it safe to say that Silver Grey will probably outperform every other color from here on out? Including Interlagos?
            I think LSB still reigns supreme, but based off recent auctions I do believe it’s safe to say that the right spec Silver Grey is right there with Interlagos and nearly anything with a Cinnamon or M-Tex interior.

Comment

Originally posted by Interlagos View Post

I think LSB still reigns supreme, but based off recent auctions I do believe it’s safe to say that the right spec Silver Grey is right there with Interlagos and nearly anything with a Cinnamon or M-Tex interior.
              I think Silver Grey and especially Interlagos will also have more demand due to being on LCI models.

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a 30k-Mile 2004 BMW M3 Dinan S2 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #67,091.

doesn’t look like it and this is a low mile s2 car.
                Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post

Bid for the chance to own a 30k-Mile 2004 BMW M3 Dinan S2 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #67,091.

doesn’t look like it and this is a low mile s2 car.
                  Now I understand that the comp package is a big factor for these, but I wouldn’t have expected this to go a full $10k less than the SMG stripper that went off on Sunday. With the manual, even as an 04, I thought it would have brought similar cash as the SMG car. Maybe options (or lack of) is what matters most.
                  1995 BMW M3 LTW - Alpine White / Anthracite Cloth
                  2000 BMW M5 - Imola Red / Imola Red & Black
                  2005 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Anthracite Impulse Cloth (Manual) - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop
                  2006 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Canadian Import
                  2011 BMW M3 - Individual Fire Orange / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop - Dinan Upgrades
                  2011 BMW 1M - Alpine White / Black - Canadian Import

Comment

Originally posted by Duck360198 View Post

Now I understand that the comp package is a big factor for these, but I wouldn’t have expected this to go a full $10k less than the SMG stripper that went off on Sunday. With the manual, even as an 04, I thought it would have brought similar cash as the SMG car. Maybe options (or lack of) is what matters most.
                    I think with the BAT crowd a lot can be said about originality too. Even knowing what Dinan is (or was) there are a lot of people on that site that would much prefer an original factory looking car, which might be why the SMG ZCP Slicktop went for 10k more. I know the Dinan upgrades are not that hard to revert back to stock, the BAT crowd is very picky...

Comment

I think with the BAT crowd a lot can be said about originality too. Even knowing what Dinan is (or was) there are a lot of people on that site that would much prefer an original factory looking car, which might be why the SMG ZCP Slicktop went for 10k more. I know the Dinan upgrades are not that hard to revert back to stock, the BAT crowd is very picky...
                      Last LSB sale was modified. I’m not sure that applies as a blanket rule.

Edit: I personally see no value in Dinan but this is an original, out of the box Dinan car.
                      Last edited by 02_lsb; 03-02-2022, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Low mileage convertibles are bringing in 50k plus. A Dinan S2 in silver grey with only 9k more miles brings in 6k less than the vert from a few days ago, that I wouldn't have predicted even with the cool color combo on the vert. Things are a little wacky right now, not that I don't think this convertible is worthy, but predicting where something lands is tough unless it is an LSB with low miles or ZCP, slicktop, and manual.

Bid for the chance to own a 21k-Mile 2005 BMW M3 Convertible 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #66,741.
                        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Last LSB sale was modified. I’m not sure that applies as a blanket rule.

Edit: I personally see no value in Dinan but this is an original, out of the box Dinan car.
                          Bid for the chance to own a 2004 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #67,303.

This one will surely set some records. Especially LSB w/ black. Didn't a lot of them come with gray interiors?

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                            Low mileage convertibles are bringing in 50k plus. A Dinan S2 in silver grey with only 9k more miles brings in 6k less than the vert from a few days ago, that I wouldn't have predicted even with the cool color combo on the vert. Things are a little wacky right now, not that I don't think this convertible is worthy, but predicting where something lands is tough unless it is an LSB with low miles or ZCP, slicktop, and manual.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...onvertible-55/
                            You need to end this with a meme. Just saying.

Comment

You need to end this with a meme. Just saying.
                              I think there’s the forum crowd and then there’s everyone else. An unpopular opinion, but not untrue as a result. There’s certainly enough of these to go around.

But I continue to think (from the beginning) that color combos (not just exteriors) drive value on these. There are too many of them to draw causation because some sale will break whatever rule you set. But the trends seem clear.

I wasn’t at all surprised to see the AW / Imola Vert go for what it did. I am surprised how quiet it was here about that result.

maw
                              Last edited by maw1124; 03-02-2022, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

I think there’s the forum crowd and then there’s everyone else. An unpopular opinion, but not untrue as a result. There’s certainly enough of these to go around.

But I continue to think (from the beginning) that color combos (not just exteriors) drive value on these. There are too many of them to draw causation because some sale will break whatever rule you set. But the trends seem clear.

maw
                                There’s a lot of back and forth here on worth it or not; in the end, if it makes you happy - it’s worth it.

Comment

Working...
                                X