No announcement yet.

The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spent most of it's life in HI? No wonder 33k miles looks like 100k.

Comment

Is there still-present SMG reservoir a sign of a hasty manual conversion? I’d give whoever did the work the benefit of the doubt that they covered all the important points, but that seems like an easy detail to hit.

Comment

Originally posted by nahvkolaj View Post
        Is there still-present SMG reservoir a sign of a hasty manual conversion? I’d give whoever did the work the benefit of the doubt that they covered all the important points, but that seems like an easy detail to hit.
        Reservoir is part of the plenum, so you need to change the whole thing out if you want to get rid of it. Most conversions just keep the smg plenum since sourcing a manual one adds more hassle and expense.

Also, work was done by performance technic, a reputable shop in the bay area. It's probably totally fine.
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Not BaT but... Red over Grey... I'll leave it here anyway... given today's preferences, this might not hit $15k, which might make some of us feel foolish... except that it's Red over Grey... can't make this up.

https://shiftgate.com/auction/2004-b...#&gid=1&pid=75

maw

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by lcrain View Post
              Does anyone know the owner of this car or know if it has sold?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-m3-coupe-165/
              I know the owner - yep, it sold outside of BAT (not from a BAT bidder) for the reserve price. Pics don't do it justice.
              2014 911 50th Anniversary Edition #0439 of 1963 • 2005 M3 • 2018 540i M Sport • 2012 Q5 • 2016 4Runner

Comment

nobody talked about this one? https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...5i-m-sport-31/

how does a 120k accident history 5 series wagon fetch 50k?
                2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
                  nobody talked about this one? https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...5i-m-sport-31/

how does a 120k accident history 5 series wagon fetch 50k?
                  Manual trans and packages+ color combo. I was watching that and was also shocked with the results

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	1F07BEB6-22C5-46CA-849D-EFF4FDE01157.png Views:	0 Size:	487.9 KB ID:	166970 Click image for larger version  Name:	7471EB2E-0BE3-4B5B-94AE-9C017DCF16FB.png Views:	0 Size:	441.5 KB ID:	166969
                    Originally posted by Rkymtnrider View Post

Manual trans and packages+ color combo. I was watching that and was also shocked with the results
                    I got into the e61 6MT (N52 is absolutely the way to go on these IMO, but Dudes want that twin turbo) game back in the day, while everyone was on the Bangle Hatn’ wagon. You can can find an e61, with all packages, prices however double when/if a manual transmission is involved.

the gist is that an e61 will do 99% of what a truck does, minus the tow.

Also, are we just going to pretend like that $77,000 LSB didn’t happen?
                    Last edited by 02_lsb; 05-08-2022, 04:10 PM.
                    Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post
                      Click image for larger version Name:	1F07BEB6-22C5-46CA-849D-EFF4FDE01157.png Views:	0 Size:	487.9 KB ID:	166970 Click image for larger version Name:	7471EB2E-0BE3-4B5B-94AE-9C017DCF16FB.png Views:	0 Size:	441.5 KB ID:	166969

I got into the e61 6MT (N52 is absolutely the way to go on these IMO, but Dudes want that twin turbo) game back in the day, while everyone was on the Bangle Hatn’ wagon. You can can find an e61, with all packages, prices however double when/if a manual transmission is involved.

the gist is that an e61 will do 99% of what a truck does, minus the tow.

Also, are we just going to pretend like that $77,000 LSB didn’t happen?
                      Absurd. Car didn’t seem worth it at the previous $70k asking price but here we are.

Comment

Originally posted by daxbox View Post

I know the owner - yep, it sold outside of BAT (not from a BAT bidder) for the reserve price. Pics don't do it justice.
                        I expected around 55k , can you share reserve price ?

Comment

Originally posted by Interlagos View Post

Absurd. Car didn’t seem worth it at the previous $70k asking price but here we are.
                          I think it’s worth what the market is willing to pay, but it just goes to show that this forum and Craigslist are likely not the ideal outlets for selling a car like this. Owner did well. Buyer seems happy.
                          Last edited by 02_lsb; 05-08-2022, 05:23 PM. Reason: Had it been any other color, comments in this section would be more positive and congratulatory.
                          Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

more money than brains

Comment

imagine paying $77,000.00 for a car with grey interior
                              http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                              '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

I think we may be over estimating the LSB bump. Seems like the one that did absurdly well may have been because of it's modifications, not its color.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                                2012 LMB/Black 128i
                                2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Working...
                                X