• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Wolfe View Post

We”ll see.

Mr. Wolfe
    If you think you’ll get another one, keep
    as much mods as possible. People on BAT willing to spend premium for low mileage example aren’t really interested in your mods anyway.

We are enthusiasts here and like high end parts but not a lot of guy here would be willing to spend +$75k on an E46 M3.

Make sure to have the Reserve as high as possible.
    2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
    2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
    2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Based on what I've read I don't actually believe any of it.

He wants to sell for top dollar even though we've passed the inflection point and has no actual intention of getting another e46 which is fine if a bit disingenuous. He can defend his position by saying yes one day but he clearly stated he has no space.

He has enough cars where the mileage wouldn't rack up regardless so no guilt there driving it.
      2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
        Based on what I've read I don't actually believe any of it.

He wants to sell for top dollar even though we've passed the inflection point and has no actual intention of getting another e46 which is fine if a bit disingenuous. He can defend his position by saying yes one day but he clearly stated he has no space.

He has enough cars where the mileage wouldn't rack up regardless so no guilt there driving it.
        Fantasizing about selling your car is often more fun than actually selling it.
        Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

I took some of the advice on here and went back to clear lights and totally chrome side grills.

IMG_1374 by Greg Wolfe, on Flickr

IMG_1373 by Greg Wolfe, on Flickr

IMG_1366 by Greg Wolfe, on Flickr

Mr. Wolfe

Comment

Why not sell the E30 Greg? The E46 is a magical car. I wouldn't sell it.
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
              Why not sell the E30 Greg? The E46 is a magical car. I wouldn't sell it.
              e30 will most likely be for sale next year. I do not want a mint e46M. I want a driver.

Mr. Wolfe

Comment

Gosh that thing is so fresh and clean. I love it ! what brand front bumper trunk and diffuser? You should keep it and buy a beater 20 grand M3. You'll regret selling it.

Also please tell me where you got those ramps from? I've seen some really narrow ones on amazon and home depot. but these seem wider.
                2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

e30 will most likely be for sale next year. I do not want a mint e46M. I want a driver.

Mr. Wolfe
                  Can't fault you for that! IMO, the best E46 is one with plenty of issues, but a healthy motor. I regret trying to make mine so nice, and am stopping and just driving it more.

Comment

Mr. Wolfe
                    Then make it a driver. At one point they were all mint, then people enjoyed them. Not like the difference between the sale of that car and buying a new one along with taxes and paying to sort it mechanically is going to be life changing money. Market has cooled quite a bit.

Comment

I think the idea of just driving your low mielage mint car is getting more palatable now that we can see the day coming where it'll be legally and financially cumbersome to drive these at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
                        Gosh that thing is so fresh and clean. I love it ! what brand front bumper trunk and diffuser? You should keep it and buy a beater 20 grand M3. You'll regret selling it.

Also please tell me where you got those ramps from? I've seen some really narrow ones on amazon and home depot. but these seem wider.

Here are the ramps. They are amazing for detailing cars.

The top surface is designed as a groove to perfectly fit and secure tires, which effectively prevent cars from sliding off. Low profile angle. HEAVY DUTY PLASTIC - Made of lightweight but high-impact and strengthened PP material, it is durable and sturdy enough to easily accommodate any car or truck for service or maintenance with a generous weight capacity 13200 lbs.

Can't remember the front, but fits mint and I have the snorkel ducted down to the CSL hole. Also, the diffuser I cannot remember, but they had a great reputation on the M3 forum years backs. The trunk OEM CSL.

Keeping the car is not an option.

Mr. Wolfe

Comment

I totes get it. You have a $90k-ish car. Prob a little uncomfortable to drive on the skreetz bc of all the idiots you have to share the road with. Makes sense to buy a driver at like $30k or so that you can actually enjoy, and invest the rest of the money or something.
                          Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                          Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
                            I totes get it. You have a $90k-ish car. Prob a little uncomfortable to drive on the skreetz bc of all the idiots you have to share the road with. Makes sense to buy a driver at like $30k or so that you can actually enjoy, and invest the rest of the money or something.
                            That’s where I disagree … I don’t think it’s a $90k car or really anywhere close. Happy to be proven wrong because my car is his car’s twin with about 15k more miles. I’d sell it for $90k any day and simplify down to just my E39 😂

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

That’s where I disagree … I don’t think it’s a $90k car or really anywhere close. Happy to be proven wrong because my car is his car’s twin with about 15k more miles. I’d sell it for $90k any day and simplify down to just my E39 😂
                              EAG disagrees - https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/2...paign=atempest

BaT is always subject to having the right people in the right room at the same time - I believe Mr Wolfe's car will garner a lot of interest from the right people.

Bid for the chance to own a 36k-Mile 2006 BMW M3 Coupe Competition Package 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #77,989.

While the market has shifted in favor of buyers recently, special cars like Mr. Wolfe's will always command a premium. While the car in the auction above had m-tex, the quality of mods on Mr. Wolfe's car, including but not limited to an OEM CSL bootlid, more than negate the m-tex premium, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by mtpktz

It's all subject to having the right people in the same room at the right time, and Mr. Wolfe's car will bring the right people.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2006-bmw-m3-coupe-93/
                                That BaT car caught the very tail end of a hot market. It's cooled significantly since then, as many have stated. That car had the benefit (which I don't quite understand what that benefit is) of having the "Rahal" name tied to it. I had the opportunity to buy that car at $75K 6+ months ago and couldn't justify it at all. Rahal put quite a bit into it to get it ready for BaT.

Since everyone continues to chime in on their opinion, my OPINION is that Mr.Wolfe has missed the boat on timing. The fantasy market has faded. Clean cars will still warrant a premium, just not as much as what they did 6+ months ago. I think you're going to be very disappointed if you put it on BaT because I don't think it's going to hit the number that you think it's worth and what people insist you can get...not with those mods. You can talk about how tasteful they are or whatever, but that market for a tastefully modified car are less than a bone stock example. I still contend that taking to stock is your best bet by far, but you're clearly not going to invest the money to do that...I get it.

Remind me Mr.Wolfe, did you install all the mods yourself? Did a shop? Are there receipts? Stock parts? It all makes a difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X