No announcement yet.

The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, that's what PPIs are for, but in general I agree. I'm not of this car buying site unseen generation. I always booked a flight to go see the car and the seller in person, and for me if it wasn't worth that it wasn't worth me paying attention to.

IMO, this would be a worthwhile daily driver to have... https://carsandbids.com/auctions/36E..._campaign=hero ... my first introduction to M3's was in an E36M Sedan. For my particular purposes I chose an E46M, but for "a second M car" these can get a look.

If this goes over $15k I'd be surprised, and for that money why not? Yes, I'm prepared to be surprised; and of course "parts" would be why not.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
      BAT has now sold 243 E46 M3s on their site. Updated the spreadsheet with the latest data.

That is some killer data there.

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
        Well, that's what PPIs are for, but in general I agree. I'm not of this car buying site unseen generation. I always booked a flight to go see the car and the seller in person, and for me if it wasn't worth that it wasn't worth me paying attention to.

IMO, this would be a worthwhile daily driver to have... https://carsandbids.com/auctions/36E..._campaign=hero ... my first introduction to M3's was in an E36M Sedan. For my particular purposes I chose an E46M, but for "a second M car" these can get a look.

If this goes over $15k I'd be surprised, and for that money why not? Yes, I'm prepared to be surprised; and of course "parts" would be why not.

maw
        That car will pass $20k main issue for me would be the accidents. Carsandbids is normally lower however I’ve seen sedans similar to this one sell over $20k in a day of listing it. Market is crazy and people are crazy. Lot of FOMO.
        Last edited by GreyM340i; 02-09-2022, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyM340i View Post
          That car will pass $20k main issue for me would be the accidents. Carsandbids is normally lower however I’ve seen sedans similar to this one sell over $20k in a day of listing it. Market is crazy and people are crazy. Lot of FOMO.
          They’ve missed out… finding unmolested cars was tough when I bought mine in 2010… this is just one of those “rode hard, put up wet, accident prone” cars… I probably overpaid back then but I saw this coming.

maw

Comment

Ha!! Here you go guys... Ready for the track already.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/KVm..._campaign=hero

This should be interesting.

maw
            If Gulf is the pinnacle of livery, this has to be the worst. Also - isn't Marlboro livery red? 😂 Or is this some kind of awful McLaren homage?

Comment

Originally posted by bmw View Post
              ... 😂 Or is this some kind of awful McLaren homage?
              There's some saying about "trash" and "treasure" but I can't put my finger on it.

OK, this IS crazy... https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...na-roadster-2/. That's over double what they were when I was looking at them years ago, and they were overpriced then. I actually don't know what to think about this. I guess we'll see that 1/2 point Fed hike pretty soon after all. This train has runaway.

maw
              Last edited by maw1124; 02-10-2022, 10:31 AM.

Comment

OK, this IS crazy... https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...na-roadster-2/. That's over double what they were when I was looking at them years ago, and they were overpriced then. I actually don't know what to think about this. I guess we'll see that 1/2 point Fed hike pretty soon after all. This train has runaway.

maw
                Holy shit. Someone paid 500k for an automatic Z8. + a bidder in the comments saying they missed out and offering even more to the winner.

Comment

There's some saying about "trash" and "treasure" but I can't put my finger on it.

maw
                  I'm not a fan of the car, but that price for arguably the lowest mileage one in the world probably warrants a very strong premium. Pretty cool to say you have one of the finest (if not THE finest) examples of a vehicle in the world.
                  1995 BMW M3 LTW - Alpine White / Anthracite Cloth
                  2000 BMW M5 - Imola Red / Imola Red & Black
                  2005 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Anthracite Impulse Cloth (Manual) - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop
                  2006 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Canadian Import
                  2011 BMW M3 - Individual Fire Orange / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop - Dinan Upgrades
                  2011 BMW 1M - Alpine White / Black - Canadian Import

Comment

Originally posted by bmw View Post

Holy shit. Someone paid 500k for an automatic Z8. + a bidder in the comments saying they missed out and offering even more to the winner.
                    And you don’t even get an s62.
                    Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post
                      And you don’t even get an s62.
                      ^^^That part... little known fact about the Alpina versions.

maw

Comment

I wonder if the burnt rubber is part of the livery
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	3z8oyXgj-3dAA0k879gG.jpeg?t=164151575888.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	366.8 KB
ID:	153210

Comment

Ha!! Here you go guys... Ready for the track already.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/KVm..._campaign=hero

This should be interesting.

maw
                          Seller posted that one to an E46M3 group on Facebook. It’s…unique.

Comment

For all the track heroes and historians here… a real deal homologation car, 1 of 500, from the days when MB and BMW went head to head on tracks around the world. Compare to E30M cars… it was cars and races of this era that originally interested me in BWM M and MB AMG cars.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...volution-ii-7/

maw
                            Last edited by maw1124; 02-13-2022, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a 2006 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #66,204.
                              2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                              Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                              Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                              RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                              Instagram

Comment

Do you think the seller used a professional photographer or took himself? They didn’t seem to capture the blue purple shift that makes carbon black shine.

am I the only one that hates seeing reflections of nature and sky, when trying to see the body and paint of a car for sale?

Comment

Working...
                                X