The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not BaT but... https://autohunter.com/Listing/Detai...le-2002-BMW-M3

Tree falling in the forest but does anyone hear? What sound does it make?

maw

Comment

I got my eyes on that 6spd Z4 in valenica orange. Those are uber rare with the manual.
      2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
      2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
      2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Super low miles. Rather interesting color combo.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...325877619/NONE
        Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

I got my eyes on that 6spd Z4 in valenica orange. Those are uber rare with the manual.
          No kidding. Those have grown on me, and it would be fun to have a low miles N54 to play with. As long as you know E89s are more GT than corner carver type cars. Trouble is I don't want to sell either M car.
          Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, Bluebus, Lightwerkz retrofit. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
            Tree falling in the forest but does anyone hear? What sound does it make?
            Hahahahaha! I had the same thought.
            Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBimmers View Post

No kidding. Those have grown on me, and it would be fun to have a low miles N54 to play with. As long as you know E89s are more GT than corner carver type cars. Trouble is I don't want to sell either M car.
              yeah same here. I've been on the loo out for a nice sDrive35iS in valencia orange, they come with a sportier exhaust but no manual trans. the 35i has the 6spd option but no black roof and the rear bumper is half painted black. Should make a comfy fun DD. generally I don't like verts, unless it has a hardtop.
              2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
              2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
              2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Not a M3, but related to discussions around pricing on BAT - insane: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-968-coupe-28/

The 968 for me was a "never meet your heroes" story. I dreamed about owning one when I was a kid. A few years ago searched the country for a while and found a great example. Bought it sight unseen, having never driven one, and had it shipped from the West Coast. Driving it for the first time was a WTF experience - talk about slow and boring - no wonder they were never popular. Sold it soon after.
                Last edited by bmw; 03-24-2022, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bmw View Post
                  Not a M3, but related to discussions around pricing on BAT - insane: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-968-coupe-28/
                  I have to think people are just parking cash as a hedge against currency devaluation (e.g., ruble). Not to be political, but I recall a previous shock to the ruble when it was reported Russians would buy cars (and other luxury goods) then sell the cars when the ruble recovered. But even under that theory, with some of these you’d have to expect losses. Like, who’s paying $168k for a 968 in the future, or even close to that amount? I don’t even know how you place that bet. I can see how US real estate (the usual place to park cash) is unavailable for that purpose at the present moment for the same reason. Those prices are almost certainly not headed up from here. It soaked up the world’s cash from 2010 until basically now.

maw

Comment

Zoomed into a call CCA had with Hagerty Tuesday night. Topic was M car valuations. Hagerty claims data they've seen show a 24% premium when car is sold on BaT. I took a screen shot. Click image for larger version

Name:	Hagerty 5.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	160467
                    Attached Files
                    Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, Bluebus, Lightwerkz retrofit. MRegistry listing here

Comment

How about a 150,000 mile e36 m3 for 27k. Reserve not met at 24k on a 129,000 with tasteless (though expensive) mods. 31k for a 127,000 mile. I also do not think any of those cars are up to date on maintenance. One had a little head work, more concerning to me on a s52 than anything, and the struts replaced. So, it still needs a full suspension rebuild, and it probably overheated.

Even stranger, these cars sold for more than the recently posted euro e36.

Comment

IB ZCP 6MT
                        Bid for the chance to own a 2006 BMW M3 Coupe Competition Package 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #69,423.
                        2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                        Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                        Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                        RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                        Instagram

Comment

Surprised no one has pointed out the massive crack here lol. Not necessarily a red flag as at this mileage its to be expected and I, for one, would rather have the piece of mind of getting the job done at a place I personally trust
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	U2-1.jpg?fit=2016%2C1512.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	160582
                          Attached Files
                          2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

Anyone else regret not buying every good LSB coupe they saw at dirt cheap prices in 2019/2020? Lol
                            Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by lemoose View Post
                              Surprised no one has pointed out the massive crack here lol. Not necessarily a red flag as at this mileage its to be expected and I, for one, would rather have the piece of mind of getting the job done at a place I personally trust
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	U2-1.jpg?fit=2016%2C1512.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	160582
                              I’m not a potential buyer but is that a crack or a shadow?
                              Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Thats 100% a shadow cast by the seam sealer around the wheel well and the flash from the camera. Not usually where cracks form anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X