No announcement yet.

The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the entire fuqqq is going on here? I knew the market was correcting, but jeez.​
    Every few months some buyer gets a good price on BaT ;-)
    Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
      Fair. Were there updates to the later years or just newer?

maw
      '09+ got an updated flywheel (sightly heavier, meant to reduce gear chatter).

Somewhere in 2010, with the introduction of auto-stop/start, they started switching from leaded engine bearings to lead-free ones. Nominal clearances did not change; the only set of measurements publicly published suggests more eccentricity and way better tolerances.

LCI got LED taillights.

Manual cloth seats became available at some point.

I'm sure there are other updates.
      2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
      Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
      Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

Originally posted by sina View Post
        This thing will likely shatter the E46 record next month and hold onto it for quite a while.

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/m...m3-csl/1295495
        Wow, I'm shocked no one has commented on the results of this car. I mean at a minimum I was expecting SOMEONE to at least say:

1) "Someone clearly has more money than sense."
        2) "I'd much rather get <insert car of choice here> than this."
        3) "Someone would pay that much for an SMG car?"
        4) "Why pay all that for a car you can just build yourself?"
        5) "What a waste of a car. I'd drive the piss out of it if I had it."

I'm sure I'm missing other comments. Sky is the limit for the car and for good reason. It'll be interesting to see where prices will be once that 25 year mark is upon us and how many will actually make it State-side.
        1995 BMW M3 LTW - Alpine White / Anthracite Cloth
        2000 BMW M5 - Imola Red / Imola Red & Black
        2005 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Anthracite Impulse Cloth (Manual) - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop
        2006 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Canadian Import
        2011 BMW M3 - Individual Fire Orange / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop - Dinan Upgrades
        2011 BMW 1M - Alpine White / Black - Canadian Import

Comment

Originally posted by Duck360198 View Post

Wow, I'm shocked no one has commented on the results of this car. I mean at a minimum I was expecting SOMEONE to at least say:

I'm sure I'm missing other comments. Sky is the limit for the car and for good reason. It'll be interesting to see where prices will be once that 25 year mark is upon us and how many will actually make it State-side.
          You know what they say ! Opinions are like a$$holes, we all have one and they all stink. Good for whoever bought it. I hope it makes their day better and puts a smile on their face. I personally wouldn't spend more than 45k on a E46 but that doesn't mean the rest of the world shouldn't either. Whatever makes you happy, go for it !
          2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
          2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
          2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

THIS… is a spectacularly poor color choice, IMO…. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...onvertible-99/

maw

Comment

THIS… is a spectacularly poor color choice, IMO…. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...onvertible-99/

maw
              Grey interior is bad with any exterior color IMO…

I like dakar yellow, just need another combo
              2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/M-Texture 6mt
              2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
              2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

This is weird for me because I’ve always liked the Dakar on the E36M, but not on the E46M, and I can’t quite figure out why. For sure on this one the grey hurts massively. But for some reason so does the hard top. I’m sure someone out there is gonna dig it. It’s an Individual which means someone CHOSE the grey interior.

maw

Comment

Someone once called it on M3F, and I agree - on the E36, those pastel/flat colors like hellrot, dakar, even estoril (despite being metallic) look better on E36 because of the black door mouling that cuts it up nicely. On E39 and E46, with paint matched door mouldings, there's no break up/contrast.
                  DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                  /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                  More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                    Someone once called it on M3F, and I agree - on the E36, those pastel/flat colors like hellrot, dakar, even estoril (despite being metallic) look better on E36 because of the black door mouling that cuts it up nicely. On E39 and E46, with paint matched door mouldings, there's no break up/contrast.
                    That’s exactly it. Thanks Tbonem3.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by Duck360198 View Post

I'm gonna go with "rich people are stupid"
                      http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                      '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

This one will be interesting to me, unless it goes RNM... low mileage '03, 6MT conversion Vert, Black over Imola, premium options and modifications (at least it seems to me).

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...onvertible-98/

maw

EDIT... RNM at $26k... so I guess we can give up the notion (at least for now) that adding "19″ HRE wheels, KW V3 coilovers, Brembo front brake calipers, Supersprint exhaust headers, Eisenmann exhaust tips, an AutoSolutions short shifter kit, an Eventuri intake system, Performance Eurowerks rear subframe bushings, Evolve Motorsports engine management software, [and] Turner Motorsport wheel spacers" adds any value at all, at least on BaT.
                        Last edited by maw1124; 12-07-2022, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Outlier alert... https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2002-bmw-m3-coupe-6/

I'm not sure if we're tracking this one already... probably the only place I've seen Grey look decent on these cars.

maw

Comment

I'm not sure if we're tracking this one already... probably the only place I've seen Grey look decent on these cars.

maw
                            Exact same spec as my car. When I bought it with 39k on it, the grey interior was so clean it didn't bother me at all. It works on the right color like LSB. Not saying it is better than any other available interior, but on an LSB it works pretty well.
                            2002 M3 Coupe | 1988 320i Touring

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

I'm gonna go with "rich people are stupid"
                              It could be argued that your comment would fall under #1, but I'll add it to the list.
                              2005 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Anthracite Impulse Cloth (Manual) - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop
                              2011 BMW M3 - Individual Fire Orange / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop - Dinan Upgrades

Comment

maw
                                Could potentially be the highest priced E46 to date at the end of the auction? These sorts of examples seem largely unaffected by the market. The pre-LCI and grey interior could prevent the highest price award, though. Should be interesting. Something tells me the 80 year olds who sold the car had no clue what they had. I feel kind of bad for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X