The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New record for E92 M3s incoming?

Bid for the chance to own a 13k-Mile 2013 BMW M3 Coupe Competition Package 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #82,380.

That thing is ridiculously well specced

Edit: It's been up for three hours and is already at $62k damn
    Last edited by heinzboehmer; 08-17-2022, 10:42 AM.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Too bad E92's look like honda civics, E90 is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Wolfe View Post

I feel the same way, but I understand that some folks on here know BaT better than I. My M3 compared to a stock M3 is night and day. It almost saddens me more to take it back to stock.

Mr. Wolfe
        Watched your car and build since my lurking m3forum days. I echo the sentiment of postponing the sale if you're not tight for being liquid right now.
        2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Its getting harder for them to get clean cars and now they have to compete directly with buyers. Even if they win an auction, they are paying top dollar for the cars nowadays which means less profit if they try to flip it right away. They have to store them for a few years and let the market catch up before they flip it for a huge profit. Eric talked about the concept of "overpaying vs buying early" in one of his videos.
          Thank you! (belatedly) I've been saying this for a long time.
          Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

This is a seemingly very nice example:

Bid for the chance to own a Supercharged 2003 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #81,920.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-08-18 082453.png
Views:	310
Size:	825.8 KB
ID:	180977
            Attached Files

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
            2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

Here’s your blue car comp Wolf : https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...omments-anchor
              Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post
                Not quite given the delta between SMG and 6MT cars but still should help in quantifying how much the market has softened in the last few months.

Comment

but it’s not even blue. Plus SMG. This is potentially half the car. Sorry, but true.

Comment

It is a sub thirty thousand, low mile ZCP, in a desirable color and carbon box. Albeit not in blue. How do you figure it is a not a comp?
                    Last edited by 02_lsb; 08-20-2022, 03:21 AM.

Comment

It is a sub thirty thousand, low mile ZCP, in a desirable color and carbon box. Albeit not in blue. How do you figure it is a not a comp?
                      SMG is one of the biggest hits. The iPhone pictures won't help either. Nice car.

Mr. Wolfe

Comment

According to Hagerty, manual is 25% more valuable than SMG. Then throw in different and less desirable color, and it's not an accurate comp IMHO. All that said could still give indication of where the overall market is right now.
                        Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Wolfe View Post

SMG is one of the biggest hits. The iPhone pictures won't help either. Nice car.

Mr. Wolfe
                          Two of the top BAT sales were Silver Grey Metallic (SGM). Yes SMG isn’t great, but in 2022 it is not a big deal and can be corrected easily. That said, mileage is right between the two top sellers and it has an (lesser) airbox like yours. Just my opinion. I do however fall in the “keep it” camp. Good luck.
                          Last edited by 02_lsb; 08-20-2022, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Two of the top BAT sales were Silver Grey Metallic (SGM). Yes SMG isn’t great, but in 2022 it is not a big deal and can be corrected easily. That said, mileage is right between the two top sellers and it has an (lesser) airbox like yours. Just my opinion. I do however fall in the “keep it” camp. Good luck.
                            Yeah, I am not disputing the color - it's fine. The SMG will hurt it and even a converted to MT car still doesn't seem to get top-dollar although it helps some. I am not dissing the car at all, it's very nice.

Mr. Wolfe

Comment

SGM SMG market value is no where close to
                              a 6 MT IB.
                              2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                              2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                              2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
                                SGM SMG market value is no where close to
                                a 6 MT IB.
                                Based on what? Because bat data says otherwise. Minus the SMG. This whole thread is on bat data.
                                Last edited by 02_lsb; 08-20-2022, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X