No announcement yet.

The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

29k miles !!! It must take a lot to convince yourself to back it out of the garage for a quick rinse. One of these days the odo will roll over to 30k when you drive it back into the garage.. Now I know why it needs to go !
    2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
    2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
    2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

S2 below did really well. If your manual, low mileage, with excellent exterior/interior condition I don't see why you wouldn't do well. SMG is a penalty and good color combo would add even more. Post pics and we can all tell you exactly how much your car sucks.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2004-bmw-m3-81/

Thanks. Mine's converted, I had it done.

I have no interest in selling, so value isn't really a concern, I'm just surprised by some of the numbers ITT

I'm sure Mr Wolfe has a better idea what his car's value is than some stranger on the internet anyway
      2004 Dinan S3-R M3
      2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post

Thanks. Mine's converted, I had it done.

I have no interest in selling, so value isn't really a concern, I'm just surprised by some of the numbers ITT

I'm sure Mr Wolfe has a better idea what his car's value is than some stranger on the internet anyway
        I don't really know either - no one does. The market is pretty volatile right now it seems. This is the most recent Interlagos that sold and that was in July.

Bid for the chance to own a 36k-Mile 2006 BMW M3 Coupe Competition Package 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #77,989.

It's up to buyer to determine if mine is worth more or less. The pros to that car is it is stock and has M-Texture seats. The pros to my car is it has less miles (albeit, not by much) and the unknow is the over $20k in quality mods that are all reversible. The other pro that the July car had is probably better timing.

Mr. Wolfe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
          29k miles !!! It must take a lot to convince yourself to back it out of the garage for a quick rinse. One of these days the odo will roll over to 30k when you drive it back into the garage.. Now I know why it needs to go !
          29,674 😬

Mr. Wolfe

Comment

326 miles? shiiiit, that'd last a couple o' years
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Lol when I got my E92 M3 it was between 49,500 and 50k. every drive mattered then. 2.5 years later it’s just under 51k
              2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

I blew right past 49999 in my e90 last month. fuck it. too good of a car not to drive. I'm actively trying to drive the e46 more too.

Comment

Yeah i love revving that V8. I just ordered a fresh set of ZCP wheels for it and have a brand new MPE exahust that has been sitting around for a year.
                  2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Wolfe View Post

e30 will most likely be for sale next year. I do not want a mint e46M. I want a driver.

Mr. Wolfe
                    Oh man. Wish you'd keep the car man! That one is special.

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
                    2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

I don't really know either - no one does. The market is pretty volatile right now it seems. This is the most recent Interlagos that sold and that was in July.

Bid for the chance to own a 36k-Mile 2006 BMW M3 Coupe Competition Package 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #77,989.

It's up to buyer to determine if mine is worth more or less. The pros to that car is it is stock and has M-Texture seats. The pros to my car is it has less miles (albeit, not by much) and the unknow is the over $20k in quality mods that are all reversible. The other pro that the July car had is probably better timing.

Mr. Wolfe
                      To me, and I’m assuming buyers like me (people that have owned or driven or even heard an air-box equipped S54) wouldn’t own the car without an airbox. So, all of the OE CSL kit you have on that car is extremely attractive and I’d be willing to pay sticker for it.

Also, as a driving experience it’s simply double or triple or some number above that to operate the s54 with a well tuned airbox.

So, anyone that buys your car for the experience will love the box and most of the other bits.

I think the only person that wants your car in stock form is investment focused in some way shape or form. I get it, maybe they’re buying for nostalgia and want the simplest, most reliable, and easy to diagnose ownership experience. But they should know what they’re missing is basically THE experience that would be a shame to
                      miss out on.

Anyway, list it!

Comment

Originally posted by tlow98 View Post

To me, and I’m assuming buyers like me (people that have owned or driven or even heard an air-box equipped S54) wouldn’t own the car without an airbox. So, all of the OE CSL kit you have on that car is extremely attractive and I’d be willing to pay sticker for it.

Also, as a driving experience it’s simply double or triple or some number above that to operate the s54 with a well tuned airbox.

So, anyone that buys your car for the experience will love the box and most of the other bits.

I think the only person that wants your car in stock form is investment focused in some way shape or form. I get it, maybe they’re buying for nostalgia and want the simplest, most reliable, and easy to diagnose ownership experience. But they should know what they’re missing is basically THE experience that would be a shame to
                        miss out on.

Anyway, list it!
                        I feel the same way, but I understand that some folks on here know BaT better than I. My M3 compared to a stock M3 is night and day. It almost saddens me more to take it back to stock.

Mr. Wolfe

Comment

I feel the same way, but I understand that some folks on here know BaT better than I. My M3 compared to a stock M3 is night and day. It almost saddens me more to take it back to stock.

Mr. Wolfe
                          I wouldn't give anyone too much credit when it comes to understanding BAT (including me, and I've purchased from BAT and Cars and Bids). The LSB listed below sold for a ton more than it would have way back in 2019 precisely because of the high quality mods. It didn't sell for the $90k it lists as the buyer backed out but the next highest bidder did purchase it. Just look at this mod list: OEM CSL exterior components, Brembo brakes, JRZ RS1 coilovers, adjustable sway bars, 19″ RAC RG4 wheels, Recaro Sportster CS seats, a Beisan Systems VANOS unit, and Turner Motorsports subframe reinforcements. Mods IMO are absolutely 100% fine and ADD VALUE as long as they are premium pieces.

Bid for the chance to own a 16k-Mile 2003.5 BMW M3 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #21,126.
                          3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

I will buy another e46M, I just don't want one that has this low of mileage. This car is just too mint because as I get older, I just want to drive my cars.

Mr. Wolfe
                            Very understandable.

Keeping in mind that I don't know what the rest of your garage looks like, and what your driving habits/needs are:

If you're not tight on money, I would park your current E46 (as it pretty much already is) and just buy a raggedy sh*tbox variant (even a salvage/rebuilt title) for pure enjoyment and driving purposes. Do the absolute minimum to keep the car safe and running, keep expenses low, and drive the sh*t out of it. 0% investment, 100% driver car.

I bought mine in 2014 with ~140k miles and will likely hit 200k in the coming year or two, and let me tell you, its a great feeling not having to worry about mileage, loss of value, minor damage, parking away from people, etc. Just get in and go.

Attaching a screenshot of a beater Phoenix Yellow E46 on IAAI with mileage discrepancy on the CarFax. $10k. Have been eyeing it for myself the last few weeks and really want to pull the trigger, but can't justify it at this time because my current E46 already serves that "driver's car" role very well. Would consider something like this if I were in your shoes, and keep the current E46 nice and minty for when it's a $100k+ car in 5-10 years.

Attached Files
                            E46 M3 | C7 RS7

Comment

Not bad advice at all when you think how much this IB could be worth in 3-5 years. It'll cost very little, relatively, to just hold onto it and drive it bit. Even store it somewhere.

Greg, I would really contemplate selling during the next craze whenever it'll inevitably come. I too would hate to de-mod my car, and I know ppl will pay for a sorted build, but moreso when money is flowing.
                              Last edited by Tbonem3; 08-16-2022, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                                I blew right past 49999 in my e90 last month. fuck it. too good of a car not to drive. I'm actively trying to drive the e46 more too.
                                HAHA I've put over 2500mi on the new to me E30 M3 I just got 3 weeks ago. It already had high miles so the more the merrier for the smiles for miles! Can't imagine owning a low mileage performance car that begs to be driven and it just sitting there.

T

Comment

Working...
                                X