The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

not a $40,000 car whatsoever. Its an 02 with 85k on the clock. low mileage 04 LSB on black are worth 40k all day.
    It would seem the market disagrees with you. That's how value is determined for these cars now, it's worth whatever people are willing to pay, whether you agree with it or not. Your example of a low mileage LSB/Black went for 90k last year, so 40k for this recent one seems like a relative bargain.

Comment

That $90k car was beyond an outlier.
      '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

not a $40,000 car whatsoever. Its an 02 with 85k on the clock. low mileage 04 LSB on black are worth 40k all day.
        I'd tend to agree, that's nearly 100k miles, 30k would have been a decent deal, if it was pristine and required no reconditioning. At this point people are just jumping on them so they don't "miss out" a la bitcoin (worth it or not now they are counting on it being worth it in 10 years). Fact is, 40k is not much these days especially when considering Hiundays are selling for 50k.
        Just as a bullet point an Interlagos Competition pack 05 with 85k on it sold for 18k after sitting for months (SMG/ different Blue (still very desirable) so not apples to apples but still, age, miles and a desirable color and it was pristine) , almost picked it up myself. For some reason BaT buyers go batsh*t crazy for these and other cars (ahem, civic, 50k.)

Comment

It's worth noting that not only was the $90k LSB an outlier, the top bidder didn't even complete the sale.

Originally posted by Icecream View Post

I'd tend to agree, that's nearly 100k miles, 30k would have been a decent deal, if it was pristine and required no reconditioning. At this point people are just jumping on them so they don't "miss out" a la bitcoin (worth it or not now they are counting on it being worth it in 10 years). Fact is, 40k is not much these days especially when considering Hiundays are selling for 50k.
          Just as a bullet point an Interlagos Competition pack 05 with 85k on it sold for 18k after sitting for months (SMG/ different Blue (still very desirable) so not apples to apples but still, age, miles and a desirable color and it was pristine) , almost picked it up myself. For some reason BaT buyers go batsh*t crazy for these and other cars (ahem, civic, 50k.)
          I'm inclined to agree that the LSB craze is just a fad for now. No doubt these cars will keep going up in value but such radical growth for one specific color won't last forever
          2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

Comment

I think first one was worth around 35k because have nice mods and maintenance. Somebody overpaid for this one for sure - just two guys pumped it from 30k to 40k. Rest guys offered realistic price which is around 30k.

Comment

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...onvertible-38/

what a gem ! last time we had a super low mileage vert, it went for big numbers. I wouldnt be surprised if this car broke into the 40's given that it is a late model for PY (production stopped feb of 2005).... This is the kinda car even EAG would bid on

last vert: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2006-bmw-m3-35/
              2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
              2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
              2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Wow, that’s nice. Should set a new record for convertibles.

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a Original-Owner 2002 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #33,583.

Strange stuff going on with this 2002 Tiag coupe auction. People called out the incorrect chrome trim and misplaced M3 badge almost immediately, and accused the seller of hiding something with the car. Then, the seller posts a pic of the car the day it was purchased, showing the car new with both chrome trim on top, shadow trim along the base of the windows. Car is also missing the trunk VIN tag. I wasn't aware any North American M3s came with the chrome trim. Any ideas as to what is happening here?
                  '06 BMW M3 6MT Coupe - TiAg/Imola
                  '99 BMW M3 5MT Coupe - Estoril/Dove
                  '00 Honda Civic Si - Electron Blue Pearl/Black
                  '11 Toyota Tacoma T/X TRD - Magnetic Grey/Grey

Instagram: @6spd_M3 | @midwesteuroparts

Comment

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...onvertible-38/

what a gem ! last time we had a super low mileage vert, it went for big numbers. I wouldnt be surprised if this car broke into the 40's given that it is a late model for PY (production stopped feb of 2005).... This is the kinda car even EAG would bid on

last vert: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2006-bmw-m3-35/
                    Dude that Phoenix Yellow Vert looks drop dead gorgeous--and i'm not a convertible nor a PY fan

Originally posted by Titaniu//M View Post
                    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2002-bmw-m3-141/

Strange stuff going on with this 2002 Tiag coupe auction. People called out the incorrect chrome trim and misplaced M3 badge almost immediately, and accused the seller of hiding something with the car. Then, the seller posts a pic of the car the day it was purchased, showing the car new with both chrome trim on top, shadow trim along the base of the windows. Car is also missing the trunk VIN tag. I wasn't aware any North American M3s came with the chrome trim. Any ideas as to what is happening here?
                    That's the one issue I have with BaT-- the peanut gallery can railroad an auction easily if everything isn't 100% perfect. Even now that he's provided evidence to prove that he's not lying the auction is probably going to end in RNM
                    2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by MTiz View Post

That's the one issue I have with Social Media-- the peanut gallery can railroad a person easily if everything isn't 100% perfect. Even now that he's provided evidence to prove that he's not lying this person is probably going to end in RNM
                      FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by MTiz View Post

That's the one issue I have with BaT-- the peanut gallery can railroad an auction easily if everything isn't 100% perfect. Even now that he's provided evidence to prove that he's not lying the auction is probably going to end in RNM
                        Any original owner of an E46 M3 can easily explain the reason of a way misplaced badge and the chrome windows trim instead of saying they just came with the car brand new. He either lied about it or has no idea what has happened to his car. Either way it's a red flag.

Comment

That trunk lid has been either replaced or the original resprayed after the vin sticker was removed and the M3 badge was slapped back on in the wrong location. There is no doubt about this. And the seller is obviously an older guy....maybe he has dementia and can't remember incidents from 15 years ago?

as for the chrome trim, my goodness its so ugly. could it have really came that way from the factory? maybe a mistake in the production line somewhere? mistakes happen, just like that E92 M3 that was painted atlantiS blue instead of atlantiC blue. Otherwise maybe both sides were replaced at some point due to torn weatherstripping and they put chrome ones on by mistake? Reno nevada gets really hot afterwards. but that doesn't explain the fact that the chrome ones are installed in the "new picture"

anyhow. cant wait for that PY vert to dip into the 40s
                          2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

That trunk lid has been either replaced or the original resprayed after the vin sticker was removed and the M3 badge was slapped back on in the wrong location. There is no doubt about this. And the seller is obviously an older guy....maybe he has dementia and can't remember incidents from 15 years ago?

as for the chrome trim, my goodness its so ugly. could it have really came that way from the factory? maybe a mistake in the production line somewhere? mistakes happen, just like that E92 M3 that was painted atlantiS blue instead of atlantiC blue. Otherwise maybe both sides were replaced at some point due to torn weatherstripping and they put chrome ones on by mistake? Reno nevada gets really hot afterwards. but that doesn't explain the fact that the chrome ones are installed in the "new picture"

anyhow. cant wait for that PY vert to dip into the 40s
                            PY vert is probably going to come close to $50k lol. It's a car in a desirable, uncommon color in immaculate shape.

Another possibility which has been mentioned before on the Tiag car is that the car may have suffered pre-delivery damage and been repaired before being sold. I highly doubt a dealer authorized body shop would do such a poor job of placing the M3 badge though.
                            '06 BMW M3 6MT Coupe - TiAg/Imola
                            '99 BMW M3 5MT Coupe - Estoril/Dove
                            '00 Honda Civic Si - Electron Blue Pearl/Black
                            '11 Toyota Tacoma T/X TRD - Magnetic Grey/Grey

Instagram: @6spd_M3 | @midwesteuroparts

Comment

Originally posted by Titaniu//M View Post

PY vert is probably going to come close to $50k lol. It's a car in a desirable, uncommon color in immaculate shape.

Another possibility which has been mentioned before on the Tiag car is that the car may have suffered pre-delivery damage and been repaired before being sold. I highly doubt a dealer authorized body shop would do such a poor job of placing the M3 badge though.
                              Yes I agree and it may even dip into the 50s. PY is not as desirable as LSB within the community but honestly it doesn't even matter because all it takes is two people to start a bidding war.

It should be against the law for dealers to cover up damages before a car is sold. it should be reported to carfax.
                              2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Canadian LSB with 77k miles closed just under $44k.

Bid for the chance to own a 2004 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #33,881.

Comment

Working...
                                X