The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carl Spackler View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. The prior accident obviously isn’t ideal. The car looks really good in person and it was a quality repair which is why I still bought the car. I understand that it will scare some people off, but hopefully someone will understand and appreciate the car for what it is. We’ll see what happens with the auction and after.
    Nice mods , great maintenance . I hope you get top money !

Comment

Cars and Bids, but this M3 had 270,000 miles racked up by the original owner and I bet the next owner will take it past 300k no problem. If this doesn't prove to people that these cars can run forever, nothing can.
      2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

Comment

Maxima SE you need this https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2006-bmw-m3-coupe-54/
        Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Originally posted by MTiz View Post
          https://carsandbids.com/auctions/30B...aign=at_search

Cars and Bids, but this M3 had 270,000 miles racked up by the original owner and I bet the next owner will take it past 300k no problem. If this doesn't prove to people that these cars can run forever, nothing can.
          Well, this is just cool. At some point, a high-mileage car starts to become so high-mileage that it actually becomes more desirable -- something of a "How high can it go?" curiosity (witness, for instance, Matt Farah's "million-mile Lexus").
          No, fuck that. Someone else can have the "quirky" car that's gone farther than to the moon.
          '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Guess we found out a 270k mile car still has buyers at 8.5k lol.

I’m intrigued by this one:

Bid for the chance to own a 2002 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #39,213.
            2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Almost 10k with fee for 280k M3 . I think few guys just wanted to own it because of that high mileage . Weird but probably true. 100-120k smg convertibles sells for 10k. A lot of maintenance done , but car need to be repaint and at least rod bearing service so additional +/- 5k. I seen few decent 150k manual coupe M3's for 15k. So like I wrote they just wanted to own that high mileage car .

Comment

I will forever shoot myself in the foot for not buying the Interlagos 6-Speed I looked at back in January with rods and vanos already done. It had 130k on it and a cracked subframe but I managed to talk the seller down to $12k. I was still in school and couldn't secure financing, and he sold it the very next day 😥.

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

No, fuck that. Someone else can have the "quirky" car that's gone farther than to the moon.
                I don't disagree with you, I wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole. It is nice to see that these cars can go the distance though
                Last edited by MTiz; 11-13-2020, 04:34 AM.
                2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

Comment

beautiful car ! But I already have an IB E92 zcp. I got my eyes on M5s now
                  2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                  2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                  2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

MTiz

That is a story of me “almost” picking up an imola e39 for $10k. I decided to ‘think about it’ — if’s been 4 years, I’m still thinking about it.

Maxima SE
                    that e92 is a very fast Buick
                    Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Strong showing for Imola today.

Bid for the chance to own a 2002 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #39,213.

Auction closed at $29,250 with a war between 3 bidders at the end. I'm pretty happy to see a benchmark for my car, even with 30k more miles. Personally, I think the car sold for a bit more than it should have, but it is BaT and prices are definitely up and rising.
                      2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Perhaps something in black?!

Bid for the chance to own a 2011 BMW M3 Coupe Competition Package 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #39,440.

MVP Track Time

Comment

Originally posted by Inizes View Post
                          Strong showing for Imola today.

Auction closed at $29,250 with a war between 3 bidders at the end. I'm pretty happy to see a benchmark for my car, even with 30k more miles. Personally, I think the car sold for a bit more than it should have, but it is BaT and prices are definitely up and rising.
                          I seen more overpriced cars there as last repainted phoenix yellow. I expected 27k . Car look really good and previous owners did nice work with maintenance. Glad to see that some people pay extra for it .

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post

Maxima SE
                            that e92 is a very fast Buick
                            lol right? great motor but a boring ass car compared to the 46M. for some reason the dudes on m3post think its the greatest driving experience ever..... clearly half of them have never driven an E46.
                            2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

anyone else think this thing will go for more than 100k?

Bid for the chance to own a Original-Owner 10k-Mile 2001 BMW M Coupe S54 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #39,436.

2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
                                anyone else think this thing will go for more than 100k?

Bid for the chance to own a Original-Owner 10k-Mile 2001 BMW M Coupe S54 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #39,436.

oh shit. that thing rules.

Comment

Working...
                                X