The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sina View Post
    When I see a CSL clone with 50k miles selling for $70k, while not even having the best CSL bits, it gets me wondering... What do you guys think a 50k mile CSL will sell for in the US when the day comes? The earliest CSLs can be imported in just over 6 years. I have access to free storage in Germany and wondering if this is something worth looking into. Obviously, it wouldn't strictly be about ROI, but if it's something to have a bit of fun with and still be able to make a bit of money with down the line, why not?
    CSL prices in Europe have gone up significantly in the last few years. A good example is now ~150K USD. Still, especially if you have access to free storage, it's not a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by ///Mangler View Post
      Everyone remember 2008?........it's coming. The first thing that goes are the 'toys' and recreational vehicles. I'm just gonna pile up money and get some fun shit, for cheap, when it happens.

T
      Been thinking about the same thing lately. Prices of cars (toys) across the board have just been going TOO insane. Most modern exotics and sports cars are selling at or above MSRP after a couple years of being driven. People love to blow money when they have plenty of it, and eventually all things come full circle and people will have to liquidate driving the market down. The E46 I think wont take too big of a hit as every year less of them remain (especially with the cost to keep them tip top shape). Maybe just a few less guys spending double original MSRP for low mileage examples.....

Comment

2003 CB/Grey 6MT with 8k miles. $45k and it just started..

Bid for the chance to own a 8k-Mile 2003 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #68,515.
        2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
        Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
        Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
        RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
        Instagram

Comment

Surprised they made so many with the lame gray interior.
          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/3OM..._campaign=hero

Looking pretty minty for 80k miles… I’m not quite so worried about the “big three” because I’d probably rather have that done under my watch anyway. This may also be an inverse check on color combos.

maw
            Last edited by maw1124; 03-16-2022, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin2772 View Post

Been thinking about the same thing lately. Prices of cars (toys) across the board have just been going TOO insane. Most modern exotics and sports cars are selling at or above MSRP after a couple years of being driven. People love to blow money when they have plenty of it, and eventually all things come full circle and people will have to liquidate driving the market down. The E46 I think wont take too big of a hit as every year less of them remain (especially with the cost to keep them tip top shape). Maybe just a few less guys spending double original MSRP for low mileage examples.....
              I really honestly hope so because I was ready to buy an R8 V10 6MT at the previous prices but not at the new ones which are just stupid. This market is a temporary spike and I see a lot of people losing big chunks of change when their car value rapidly deflates and they're upside down on it.
              Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Ok, wow... https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...onvertible-59/

When I was looking it was tough to find a color combo. They're all coming out of the woodwork now. I guess irrational exuberance has that effect.

maw

EDIT… videos are a joke though
                Last edited by maw1124; 03-16-2022, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
                  Ok, wow... https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...onvertible-59/

When I was looking it was tough to find a color combo. They're all coming out of the woodwork now. I guess irrational exuberance has that effect.

maw
                  I've never seen a carbon black vehicle look so colorful, thought it was topaz blue until i read the specs! I think the editing / saturation on the photography was perhaps a little extreme. Still like the color combo nonetheless
                  2012 E92 M3 Competition - LeMans Blue / Speed Cloth - 6MT
                  [SOLD] 2004 E46 M3 Coupe - Carbon Black / Black - 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by keljos View Post

I've never seen a carbon black vehicle look so colorful, thought it was topaz blue until i read the specs! I think the editing / saturation on the photography was perhaps a little extreme.
                    I don't think so. My M is CB and it looks accurate to me.

Comment

Ya, I actually don't think so. It seems to me that there's abundant ambient light so as to bring out all the blue, but no so much direct sunlight that there's glare. This situation is about the best for taking pictures. CB is quite blue. I've corrected CB paint once before, so pretty familiar with it, but I didn't really realize how blue it was till I bought a Jerez black which is very similar, but a hair darker and more purple.
                      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

There's definitely lots of color manipulation in those pics. Wheels are blue in most of them lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 4.37.27 PM.png
Views:	328
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	159513

That being said, carbon black does look quite blue with the right lighting.
                        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                          There's definitely lots of color manipulation in those pics. Wheels are blue in most of them lol
                          Welp, I'm gonna officially waffle here. I only looked at one pic, but after looking at multiple ones, I now agree, even without seeing the wheels.

Comment

Looks nothing like carbon black. It's black in the shade and blue under light.
                            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                              Looks nothing like carbon black.
                              I've been staring at my CB for over twenty years. Guess it's made me color blind. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Pic #31 is what I recall Carbon Black looking like. Midnight Blue with almost a hint of Purple… no turquoise anywhere in sight (😂). I drove a couple CB over Imola examples while shopping that we’re gonna be “it” unless I found what I wanted, which I did.

maw

Comment

Working...
                                X