The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duck360198 View Post
    This market absolutely blows my mind. All I can say is if you are even remotely considering getting rid of your car do it NOW.
    Maybe, but as Bmw continues producing gems like g80, f80 and (I’m going to be destroyed for saying this, but, I really dislike this platform and everything about it) e90, there are only so many ///M cars to go around. E30 prices are in the stratosphere, e36 isn’t here or there yet and e60 is getting recognized now.

Also, we’re entering year three of 7%+ inflation, yes, CPI heavily weighs energy and cars, but parts and labor to keep these oldshitboxes on the road also have gone up, quite substantially in some instances. Call your favorite wrench and get a quote if you haven’t recently, you’ll be surprised.
    Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post
      Also, we’re entering year three of 7%+ inflation
      Not only, the way the CPI is measured now is different that it was during the Carter years making our current inflation technically worse than then.

Comment

When I see a CSL clone with 50k miles selling for $70k, while not even having the best CSL bits, it gets me wondering... What do you guys think a 50k mile CSL will sell for in the US when the day comes? The earliest CSLs can be imported in just over 6 years. I have access to free storage in Germany and wondering if this is something worth looking into. Obviously, it wouldn't strictly be about ROI, but if it's something to have a bit of fun with and still be able to make a bit of money with down the line, why not?
        2003.5 ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue - Black - SMG Delete

Comment

CSL's will be crazy high. $200k - 250k plus won't be out of the question if the condition and mileage is right plus LHD.
          3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

And what would the wheels, in mint condition, of one of these hypothetical quarter million $ cars be worth?

Asking for a friend.
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
              CSL's will be crazy high. $200k - 250k plus won't be out of the question if the condition and mileage is right plus LHD.
              Yes. They’ll be like Cosworth Evo II, just because they’re basically unobtainium.

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
              And what would the wheels, in mint condition, of one of these hypothetical quarter million $ cars be worth?
              Probably $6k, or more by then. I’ve yet to see rare, performance wheels hit the $1k per corner mark. Close though…

maw

Comment

Ya, I don't think they can much surpass the ~$5k+ of BBS E88s... yet

Comment

Thing is if you sell one of these cars now, whatever else you would want to get into as an upgrade will also be priced super high. So are you really gaining anything?

TBH I'm kind of glad my car is not super clean and low mileage, I know because of the history and condition it would not fetch a high price. But therefore I don't feel bad about driving it, let alone like I'm losing out on anything. The opposite in fact, I'm gaining the joy of actually driving it, which is what they're meant for.
                  http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                  '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                  '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                    Thing is if you sell one of these cars now, whatever else you would want to get into as an upgrade will also be priced super high. So are you really gaining anything?

TBH I'm kind of glad my car is not super clean and low mileage, I know because of the history and condition it would not fetch a high price. But therefore I don't feel bad about driving it, let alone like I'm losing out on anything. The opposite in fact, I'm gaining the joy of actually driving it, which is what they're meant for.
                    I'm with ya, I drive all my cars and don't give a crap about maintaining value but I do obsessively maintain and detail them so that when I've had enough I can feel good about passing them on to someone else.
                    3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Ya, I don't think they can much surpass the ~$5k+ of BBS E88s... yet
                      E88s have gone up in price to 58 a set after the new year.
                      2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Asking for a friend.
                        An E39 M5 hit $125,000 not too long ago on BAT but those parallels aren't worth much. However, I doubt your friend will be disappointed if you hang on long enough to a minty set of CSLs.

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

An E39 M5 hit $125,000 not too long ago on BAT but those parallels aren't worth much. However, I doubt your friend will be disappointed if you hang on long enough to a minty set of CSLs.
                          Depending on the continued rate of inflation...

Comment

Everyone remember 2008?........it's coming. The first thing that goes are the 'toys' and recreational vehicles. I'm just gonna pile up money and get some fun shit, for cheap, when it happens.

T

Comment

Originally posted by ///Mangler View Post
                              Everyone remember 2008?........it's coming. The first thing that goes are the 'toys' and recreational vehicles. I'm just gonna pile up money and get some fun shit, for cheap, when it happens.

T
                              100% this is going to happen, I'm salivating at the opportunities that will arise.

Comment

Originally posted by LVMESM46 View Post

100% this is going to happen, I'm salivating at the opportunities that will arise.
                                Same. Waiting here with my scooper.

Comment

Working...
                                X