The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post
    If the original interior was Dove Grey, then I would think the M-Texture would be worth quite a bit more, despite not being original.

Still, pre-LCI car with 135k miles, I also think it's about 30K too high.
    I meant if the M-Texture was original to the car as factory spec... not if the car still had its actual original interior, especially if it was grey
    Last edited by PetrolM3; 06-11-2024, 12:29 PM.

Comment

There never was a dove grey for e46 not sure why this misinformation keeps being perpetuated on this forum.

Dove was an e36 interior color.
      2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBimmers View Post
        If we're looking for ambitious pricing here's one that's sat on Hagerty's marketplace for a couple of months. Very clean, but the Hagerty valuations have gone to his head: https://www.hagerty.com/marketplace/...a-24aa42664abe
        Clean specimen but asking price is too high with respect to spec and mileage.

Comment

Based off the VIN the original interior was black leather, not grey. That M-Tex interior is clearly from the BMW Restored Seats guy seeing the same black pleather pieces he always uses on the sides of the front seats adjustable thigh bolsters — it’s a dead giveaway that it’s his work.

Comment

Car looks nice, unique spec. Maybe the owner gets their asking price. Who cares?

The comments here feel a little disconnected sometimes. Pretty much everyone already owns an E46M and isn't looking to buy so I'm not sure opinions matter much. Money talks.

Unrelated, I like grey interiors but grey/purple is bad IMO.
            Last edited by discoelk; 06-11-2024, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Maybe I'm missing the point of the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by PetrolM3 View Post

It's closer to being a $40K car than the asking price because of such high mileage and non-original interior, not because all E46 cars are worth $40K regardless of miles and spec as per your analogy. If this car was LCI, had less than 60K miles and the interior was original, it would easily fetch even more than the asking price.
                I said they're a $40k car DRIVING EXPERIENCE.

Worth is a funny word. They're worth whatever someone pays.

maw

Comment

You only need to have driven one 60s muscle car to know driving experience is irrelevant.

Comment

I'm gonna say this goes for $40k... over and under?

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 2003 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #151,159.

maw

EDIT... I really think $35k + Fees, but saying $40k to prove a point... 2 owner, under 100k miles, 6MT, Mass car says probably not driven in winter, undercarriage confirms, classic color combo w/Imola, last of the great inline 6 and all that fun stuff, stack of paperwork... car checks a lot of boxes for that number... not much to buy that checks all those boxes for that cash... any more, buy something else.
                    Last edited by maw1124; 06-11-2024, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 2003 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #151,159.

maw
                      $25K
                      BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                      https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

maw
                        silver and pre-lci? imola interior helps a lot though. 29k.

Comment

maw
                          Under by at least $10k.

Comment

OK I'll play. Sounds like nice maintenance and the imola interior makes a big difference. But a little more work could have been done - tires ancient, rearview malfunctioning, key fob doesn't work, Vanos and subframe unaddressed. The lack of Xenons would bug me. Pre facelift already mentioned. I say $37K all in takes this one home.
                            Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, Bluebus, Lightwerkz retrofit. MRegistry listing here

Comment

The only thing the above car has going for it is the Imola interior. Despite that, silver exterior/pre-LCI/not exactly low mileage and inevitable work that will need to get addressed in the near future make this a sub $30K car for me, probably closer to 25.
                              Last edited by PetrolM3; 06-12-2024, 05:11 AM.

Comment

We shall see. Seller involvement and responsiveness will be a factor as always.

Did you see the Imola seller who didn't realize he had 215s up front until I told him? But he immediately ordered correct size and probably saved a lot of $ at final gavel.
                                Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, Bluebus, Lightwerkz retrofit. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Working...
                                X