No announcement yet.

The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely under $40k. Personally I think it's a $25k car but I selfishly would like to see it go for $30k since I will be listing my '01 TiAG/Anthracite Impuls for sale shortly. Considering listing on one of the auction sites for a quick sale and less hassle.
    2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Anthracite Impuse - SOLD

2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Black Nappa Leather
    Karbonius | Supersprint | Cat Cams | Beisan | Fikse Wheels | Mile End Composites | AST 5200 | Hotchkis | Brembo | Recaro | Rouge SMF | RTD | Yellow Tag Rack | HTE Performance

Comment

Here's one that's a reality check as it relates to all that goes into valuation of these cars - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2001-bmw-m3-coupe-25/

LSB coupe 6MT alone is not enough to fetch top $. High mileage, non-original interior, pre-LCI, not exactly well maintained/refreshed and IMO poor presentation (especially with the LCM tamper dot issue).

I think it was a decent deal for someone who really wanted LSB but again, it goes to show that LSB alone does not equal big money when the rest is sub-par.
      Last edited by PetrolM3; 06-13-2024, 06:02 AM.

Comment

This one too, were it not for the shill bids...

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 2006 BMW M3 Coupe Competition Package 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #151,365.

Otherwise I'd expect it to go for the SALT number... Same As Last Time.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
          This one too, were it not for the shill bids...

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 2006 BMW M3 Coupe Competition Package 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #151,365.

Otherwise I'd expect it to go for the SALT number... Same As Last Time.

maw
          Lovely car. One of my fave colors.

Comment

Also should be interesting... coming out of the woodworks.

maw

Comment

A vert that’s too nice to be a parts car. Best part is that you can show off the fantastic color combo when you’ve got the top down.

Comment

Will be interesting to see where this one lands: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...omments-anchor
                Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, Bluebus, Lightwerkz retrofit. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Originally posted by stephen View Post

A vert that’s too nice to be a parts car. Best part is that you can show off the fantastic color combo when you’ve got the top down.
                  I mean... that's the second best part.

The best part is it's an E46M that you get to hear and feel
                  in all its glory with no roof. You're not running around trying to increase induction and exhaust noise with no roof. You're actually trying to tone down the noise.

Flip side is you can't track the car. And maybe it's not a daily driver. So what

maw

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBimmers View Post
                    Will be interesting to see where this one lands: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...omments-anchor
                    It's pre-LCI but seems very clean. My guess is around 40K.​
                    Last edited by PetrolM3; 06-14-2024, 03:28 PM.

Comment

This one too, were it not for the shill bids...​
                      That seems a bit harsh. Seems like involved seller, did a lot of work inc. Big 3 and only drove car 6K in three years. I'd want to get more than I paid if I was seller. But then I own a 06 ZCP so maybe I'm biased.
                      Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, Bluebus, Lightwerkz retrofit. MRegistry listing here

Comment

I bought an identical M with 40 k on it June 10 2015. Not telling what I paid for it! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0233.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	268059

Comment

Originally posted by Calb View Post
                          I bought an identical M with 40 k on it June 10 2015. Not telling what I paid for it! Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0233.jpg Views:	0 Size:	176.4 KB ID:	268059
                          2015 prices are obviously going to be very different from today's.. they have basically doubled since then because E46 M3 hit full depreciation in early 2010s, then started to appreciate, became even more of an icon in the enthusiast and collector world than they were before. Add the post 2020 price rage, and here we are. Market has slowed down and even declined over the past year but I can say with confidence that prices of low mileage clean cars are basically double of what they were 10 years ago.

Comment

Single owner is huge plus since it appears it hasn't been raped over and over again. Even though pre-lci and sunroof it would be a good buy in the 40s with that mileage.
                            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

2015 prices are obviously going to be very different from today's.. they have basically doubled since then because E46 M3 hit full depreciation in early 2010s, then started to appreciate, became even more of an icon in the enthusiast and collector world than they were before. Add the post 2020 price rage, and here we are. Market has slowed down and even declined over the past year but I can say with confidence that prices of low mileage clean cars are basically double of what they were 10 years ago.
                              Yes, I can smile all I want about what I paid for my ZCP in 2014. Doesn't relate to today. Except I drive a used car that has increased in value, which is a nice warm fuzzy. Or in my case, two! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBimmers View Post

Yes, I can smile all I want about what I paid for my ZCP in 2014. Doesn't relate to today. Except I drive a used car that has increased in value, which is a nice warm fuzzy. Or in my case, two! ;-)

Similar experience here. I got my M3 in 2013 and sold it in 2023 - got all my money back including maintenance, mods, and then some. Sure was/is a good feeling but let's be honest - had we both put that money into real estate or something even more lucrative, we'd be smiling much more than we are. Regardless, we're better off than people whose cars depreciated over the same period. Personally, I was lucky enough to also be able to buy a house during this period which is why I know that all the money I had in the M3 could have grown exponentially more if profit was the priority. But life is not just about money - I don't exactly regret my M3 adventure since I can say that I ate my cake and still have plenty left.
                                Last edited by PetrolM3; 06-14-2024, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X