X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
    Pretty cool CSL style build on there right now:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...ign=2022-03-07
    Love it, but if youre going to put that much money into it as is (and add that silly CS on the badge) why not go a little further with the CSL intake and tune?!

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post

1/3 miles -> $100k.
      True, but despite the initial savings probably worth much more as time progresses.
      Having a very hard time not bidding.. still under 50K

Comment

Originally posted by bmw View Post

True, but despite the initial savings probably worth much more as time progresses.
        Having a very hard time not bidding.. still under 50K
        Imola is a stunning color on the e39. The black trim cladding really brings out the tones in the beast.

did you win this?
        Last edited by 02_lsb; 03-10-2022, 02:26 PM.
        Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Imola is a stunning color on the e39. The black trim cladding really brings out the tones in the beast.
          Yup.

51.5K seems like a nice price to me. I would have been happy to win at that price especially since I've seen 3 or 4 in this color combo in the last decade. But commenters seem a bit surprised by how high it went.

Comment

Originally posted by bmw View Post

Yup.

51.5K seems like a nice price to me. I would have been happy to win at that price especially since I've seen 3 or 4 in this color combo in the last decade. But commenters seem a bit surprised by how high it went.

congrats! What a beautiful car!!!!

I am not sure the car went high or low. It is very much on par with where the market is at the moment. If this were a black or grey car, yeah, a little on the high end, but this is an imola e39.

Where is the car headed, what state?
            Build thread?
            Will you drive it back home?
            Journey pictures?

we need details!!!
            Last edited by 02_lsb; 03-10-2022, 02:44 PM.
            Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

congrats! What a beautiful car!!!!

I am not sure the car went high or low. It is very much on par with where the market is at the moment. If this were a black or grey car, yeah, a little on the high end, but this is an imola e39.

Where is the car headed, what state?
              Build thread?
              Will you drive it back home?
              Journey pictures?

we need details!!!
              Sorry, I think you misunderstood my post. I would have been happy to pay that - but I didn't bid - garage is full and nothing I want to give up now. 😀

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin2772 View Post

Love it, but if youre going to put that much money into it as is (and add that silly CS on the badge) why not go a little further with the CSL intake and tune?!
                California is my guess. Don’t think you can pass smog with a CSL intake.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen View Post

California is my guess. Don’t think you can pass smog with a CSL intake.
                  100% Dictatorship of California ... its surprising they let us keep fossil fuel cars at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin2772 View Post

As people said, CA. But also there are a ton of people here who have those air boxes. It's not like it's THAT involved to remove it and go back to a stock tune for smog. Or, become friends with a smog guy...
                    http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                    '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                    '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                      Pretty cool CSL style build on there right now:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...ign=2022-03-07
                      Lurkers took it from $50k to $70k in 3 bids at the end.

maw

Comment

I no longer trust BAT. If I was looking for a perfect car I would just go through EAG or another reputable dealer.

Comment

I no longer trust BAT. If I was looking for a perfect car I would just go through EAG or another reputable dealer.
                          What does that mean exactly? BaT is a marketplace that has opened up a new channel for enthusiast car buying, and arguably has taken online auctioning mainstream. It's still a private party purchase, with all the due diligence that entails. You need to trust the seller not BaT.
                          Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

I mean that they cant control who is bidding up the price. I'm not sure they care unless its obvious and someone calls it out.

Comment

Originally posted by LVMESM46 View Post
                              I mean that they cant control who is bidding up the price. I'm not sure they care unless its obvious and someone calls it out.
                              In this last example bidders appear legit (as much as you can tell) just happened to compete with each other in 5-10k increments. All three have a few prior posts, bids, wins, etc.

Comment

This market absolutely blows my mind. All I can say is if you are even remotely considering getting rid of your car do it NOW.

Comment

Working...
                                X