No announcement yet.

The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^^ this is what I mean… in BMW world, anything approaching propellor blue is the icon. Lemans Blue, Orient Blue, Laguna Seca Blue, Avus Blue, Estoril Blue, Maldives Blue, I’ve lost track of the names of Propellor Blue — those end up being the ones to have. They often produce fewer of “that” color (at least I see fewer) and it’s “usually” the color that best showcases the car’s lines and “skews the curve” in that the true BMW enthusiast will flock to it while the less ardent customers will play it safer. Behind that, the purple, yellow, and red variants — and whenever they are paired with an interior other than Black or Grey, we have a hit on our hands. Too bad that doesn’t happen enough — hence, “interior swap” is a thing. At least that’s the way it seems to me.

LSB seems to continue this very basic and predictable theme to me. It's not just "rare colors" but very specific rare colors that play on very specific BMW color themes, namely propellor blue, purple and red -- the yellow is just strange to me TBH.

maw

Like this one... whatever it trades for the look is everything a BMW should be as far as I'm concerned ... https://carsandbids.com/auctions/3od...7-bmw-m3-sedan
    Last edited by maw1124; 05-17-2022, 05:24 PM.

Comment

maw1124 I think the rarity is the key because if you look at Blue in the normal car market its pretty far down on popularity. Also like you said Maw1124 BMW blues show the lines of the car the best.

Comment

^^ This right here and I'm an example. Bought my 2016 M4 Comp in Tanzanite Blue Metallic, realized the darker blue hid all the lines and wasn't exactly "special", even though the Yas Marina Blue was a factory color and Tanzanite an individual color. When the San Marino Blue M4 CS was coming out, I sold my Comp and upgraded. Won't be getting rid of the M4 anytime soon, but that means more mileage added to my E46 M3.

Some of the pricing on BAT still blows my mind.

Comment

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/3yX...utm_campaign=e

The plight of these cars… the tire transport marks on the rear seats screaming “I’ve been a track rat! How about you?” You wanted these cars BEFORE this happened, with half the miles IMO.

Of course, others will see an opportunity to buy it cheap, swap the transmission, yadaX3, so to each his own. You might want a track rat but do you want to buy someone else’s?

maw

Comment

Lmao you’re just assuming the car was tracked when there are other potential reasons why it has those marks. Regardless, who the fuck cares? Cars that are tracked are generally better maintained than many street cars. I’d much rather buy a car that has extensive maintenance history/documentation and was tracked often than some questionable street car for the same amount of money. That said, who the fuck places their tires directly on the leather, esp when the seats can be folded down.
            Silver Track to Street Car Journal
            Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Y'all dissect and analyze these cars like they just rolled off the production line. It's like trying to figure out which hooker is wifey material.
              2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
              2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
              2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

This entire thread... Car sells expensive - bad. Car sells cheap - bad. Car sells for reasonable money - why was it not cheap or expensive?

I come here, read and comment, so I’m guilty too.
                Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
                  Y'all dissect and analyze these cars like they just rolled off the production line. It's like trying to figure out which hooker is wifey material.
                  I can't WAIT to see the comments I get when I list my pieces of shit.
                  1995 BMW M3 LTW - Alpine White / Anthracite Cloth
                  2000 BMW M5 - Imola Red / Imola Red & Black
                  2005 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Anthracite Impulse Cloth (Manual) - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop
                  2006 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Canadian Import
                  2011 BMW M3 - Individual Fire Orange / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop - Dinan Upgrades
                  2011 BMW 1M - Alpine White / Black - Canadian Import

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post
                    This entire thread... Car sells expensive - bad. Car sells cheap - bad. Car sells for reasonable money - why was it not cheap or expensive?

I come here, read and comment, so I’m guilty too.
                    But don't forget that not only is it bad if a car sells expensive, but the buyer and those who bid above a certain threshold are clearly complete f-ing idiots for doing so. Kind of a double whammy. That must really suck for the buyer.
                    1995 BMW M3 LTW - Alpine White / Anthracite Cloth
                    2000 BMW M5 - Imola Red / Imola Red & Black
                    2005 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Anthracite Impulse Cloth (Manual) - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop
                    2006 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Canadian Import
                    2011 BMW M3 - Individual Fire Orange / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop - Dinan Upgrades
                    2011 BMW 1M - Alpine White / Black - Canadian Import

Comment

Originally posted by Duck360198 View Post

I can't WAIT to see the comments I get when I list my pieces of shit.
                      better not have any fingerprints on your windows, hair on your dash or pebbles of rocks stuck in your tire treads.
                      2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                      2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                      2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

better not have any fingerprints on your windows,
                        Damn right. Worse yet, the top of the door frame with the whole hand print. CB shows it off like something the FBI would be proud of.

Comment

It's like trying to figure out which hooker is wifey material.
                          Hookers, cars, same shit... if you like it you like it, pay your money and move on... big hips and tits, SMG or manual, long hair or vert, who TF cares... do you, pay your money, have a ball and be happy is what I say.

The market for what you like is you.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo's M View Post
                            Damn right. Worse yet, the top of the door frame with the whole hand print. CB shows it off like something the FBI would be proud of.
                            as the owner of a CB with both a 6 year old and a 3 year old, this is spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by Doost View Post

as the owner of a CB with both a 6 year old and a 3 year old, this is spot on.
                              You have an excuse. Mine are always "adult" hands that don't know what handles are for.

Comment

not bat. Not local.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/...w-e46-m3-csl-9

Last edited by 02_lsb; 05-14-2022, 07:41 PM.
                                Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Working...
                                X