No announcement yet.

The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ll probably put the 800 mile PY/Cinnamon M3 on BAT at some point. Low miles is neat, but idk if it will sell well considering it’s yellow with SMG.
    Silver Track to Street Car Journal
    Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
      but idk if it will sell well considering it’s yellow with SMG.
      Swap it and you'll have the lowest mileage swapped car.

Also, pics?
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by mtpktz View Post
        Either way, LSB is well regarded in today's market but I remember reading it was not a well-liked color in the early 2000s which left many sitting on dealer lots.
        The first E46M I ever saw was an LSB back in the summer of '01. Loved the car, didn't think too much of the color. PY's were also poo-pooed back then. I guess these colors have grown on people over time, and I'm sure the rarity doesn't hurt either. My next was a doctor's CB I saw at the dealer a few weeks later..he was selling it because it was "too much car" for him. I ordered my CB just after that.

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Swap it and you'll have the lowest mileage swapped car.

Also, pics?
          I’m actually not sure if modding would be a good idea, given the low mileage situation. Def getting ZCP wheels, maybe Ohlins coilovers.

No photos at this time. Currently covered and stored in another city. Maybe I’ll share sometime this summer.
          Silver Track to Street Car Journal
          Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

I’m actually not sure if modding would be a good idea, given the low mileage situation. Def getting ZCP wheels, maybe Ohlins coilovers.

No photos at this time. Currently covered and stored in another city. Maybe I’ll share sometime this summer.
            Congrats on getting a deal done on it - I remember you asking for thoughts on a fair price a few months back.

Comment

Don't see this color very often, nor the milage! Wow.

Bid for the chance to own a 4,900-Mile 2002 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #73,603.

2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
              Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
              Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
              RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
              Instagram

Comment

Imagine buying a pre-facelift 💀
                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Please do!

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

Bid for the chance to own a 4,900-Mile 2002 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #73,603.
                  Wow, that car is pretty much the exact same spec as my car. Only difference I see is that it has auto headlights/wipers, everything else is exactly the same. Oh, well I guess it also has 126k mi less than mine lol
                  2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

I was actually surprised to find a source that said 1,775 Topaz cars produced globally. There's only been 6 Topaz cars listed on BaT - I expect this one will bring a big number!

Comment

And the most popular comment by far.. I may just have to give up my E92 335 for this..

Comment

I was actually surprised to find a source that said 1,775 Topaz cars produced globally. There's only been 6 Topaz cars listed on BaT - I expect this one will bring a big number!
                        Sounds about right for the entire world. IIRC, there's less than 1000 in the US (both coupe and convertible).

There's even less coupes with black interior. From sickfinga on maxbimmer:

215 - 2001-2006 BMW M3 Coupe (BL93) - NA painted in Topaz Blue Metallic (364) with Black Nappa Leather (0522/N5SW) interior were built for the US market. 127 manual, 88 SMG

17 were built for the Canadian market. 12 manual. 5 SMG
                        Not extremely rare, but not the most common spec either.

Comment

I would give up my E92 335i in a heartbeat for the Topaz M3. GD N54...
                          Last edited by Cubieman; 05-10-2022, 03:08 PM.
                          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                          Instagram

Comment

Looking solely at auctions since 2020, there have been 23 LSB cars (17 coupes, 6 verts) listed which puts it in the middle of the pack of all colors including popular colors like SG, AW, IB.

One source states total LSB production is 1,545 (coupes and verts) for the US/CAN Market which I wouldn't deem rare (Mystic - 1,405, Interlagos - 897, Estoril - 81 for context from the same source) coupled with the fact that the majority of LSB cars are the "less desirable" pre-LCI cars.

Either way, LSB is well regarded in today's market but I remember reading it was not a well-liked color in the early 2000s which left many sitting on dealer lots.
                            23 cars “since 2020” is in the middle of the pack “since 2020”.

Under 2000 LSB divided by over 85000 E46M cars = rare. Same for the other blues, although all are not propellor blue.

Obviously preferences change over time, so what was popular in the early 2000’s is irrelevant. But in the long run, supply v demand will always factor into price. And so rare appreciates more than pedestrian when it comes to E46M colors. No one should be surprised by this.

But among the rare colors, I would expect the rare propellor blue BMW to trade higher than the “rare” red or yellow, however named.

maw
                            Last edited by maw1124; 05-10-2022, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

23 cars “since 2020” is in the middle of the pack “since 2020”.

Under 2000 LSB divided by over 85000 E46M cars = rare. Same for the other blues, although all are not propellor blue.

Obviously preferences change over time, so what was popular in the early 2000’s is irrelevant. But in the long run, supply v demand will always factor into price. And so rare appreciates more than pedestrian when it comes to E46M colors. No one should be surprised by this.

But among the rare colors, I would expect the rare propellor blue BMW to trade higher than the “rare” red or yellow, however named.

maw
                              If you look at the entire data set, LSB listings are actually more closely aligned in the middle of the pack (37 listings) with Interlagos (37) and Alpine (39) than since 2020.

Sure, 2% of total production could be regarded as 'rare', although in total figures, I wouldn't place anything with 2,000 units in that category especially given that much better examples of 'rare' exist like Individual specs, Estoril, Dakar, TV, etc. Anything that's not Silver, Gray or Black could be considered rare given those colors make up 2/3 of total production.

'Rare' is ambiguous and means different things to different people. I agree with you on blue cars in general - they always seem more sought after regardless of production numbers or rarity, and that isn't exclusive to E46 M3s.
                              Last edited by mtpktz; 05-10-2022, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Topaz gang represent
                                Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Working...
                                X