No announcement yet.

The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EAG has no problem overpaying by todays standard... it will be bought "early" and the profit will be made later
    True, but it has to hurt their margins. The rise of the auction sites has given smart owners other viable retail options that deliver more than EAG wholesale offers. Has to cut the number of cars they can get. So they pivoted. IMHO I think EAG probably makes more money with their maintenance/restoration business than they do selling cars these days. They leveraged their "best of the best" brand into service.
    Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBimmers View Post

True, but it has to hurt their margins. The rise of the auction sites has given smart owners other viable retail options that deliver more than EAG wholesale offers. Has to cut the number of cars they can get. So they pivoted.
      This is true no doubt. But there are always those EAG clients that trade cars with them and those that are willing to pay EAG a premium and not a BAT premium. I think they will dust it off and sell it quickly to someone that is looking for a fully refurbished car without having to do the work themselves... that's the kind of person EAG caters to anyways
      2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
      2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
      2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

"fully refurbished"
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

This is true no doubt. But there are always those EAG clients that trade cars with them and those that are willing to pay EAG a premium and not a BAT premium. I think they will dust it off and sell it quickly to someone that is looking for a fully refurbished car without having to do the work themselves... that's the kind of person EAG caters to anyways
          I still laugh about how hard they bamboozled Matt Farrah on an overpriced plain jane E46 M3 and that he's too oblivious to realize it. They got a good hustle going and they know how to make buyers with more money than sense feel good about overpaying.
          Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Yeah, they own a store of low mileage BMWs that you have the luxury Of walking into at any point and buying. I understand why it doesn’t make sense for a lot of enthusiast to buy from them, or at least enthusiast that don’t have absurdly deep pockets :-), but I completely understand why someone who has hit it rather big financially would want to buy from them. It’s basically like a dealership of cars you can’t get any more.

if someone doesn’t feel like hunting for the ‘one’ they pay a premium for that luxury.

Also, I really like Matt Farrah’s point about the subframe reinforcement and EAG. Are people going to beat on these low mileage cream puffs enough to warrant the subframe reinforcement? Likely not.

Now, for my high mileage driver? I’m absolutely going to extract the max fun and I should and have already reinforced the subframe.

I just don’t like competing with EAG to buy cars, haha. They have the luxury of time while investing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
              "fully refurbished"

Yeah... like crossing machine lines on your brand new rotors and new window weatherstripping... fresh floor mats.... new headlight lenses and shinny license plate bracket screws... the kinda stuff that makes you feel like your 50k mile BMW just rolled off the production line because you were too poor to buy it when it was actually new.... I'm all about it but I rather do the work myself because I enjoy doing it unlike the average EAG customer.
              2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

I still laugh about how hard they bamboozled Matt Farrah on an overpriced plain jane E46 M3 and that he's too oblivious to realize it. They got a good hustle going and they know how to make buyers with more money than sense feel good about overpaying.
                Hafta wonder what kind of other agreements they might've had in place outside of a straight cash purchase. At the end of the day as obnoxious as he is he's an influencer and it's marketing.
                '04 LSB Coupe 6MT
                All my money goes towards maintenance.

Comment

All true as well.

hey, not my money, tho!

Comment

Originally posted by dukeofchen View Post
                    Hafta wonder what kind of other agreements they might've had in place outside of a straight cash purchase. At the end of the day … he's an influencer and it's marketing.
                    And so are EAG, at the end of the day — influencers and marketers.

maw

Comment

Why all the EAG hate? Everyone had a chance to bid on that car, they just had deeper pockets.
                      Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

I'm guessing it's because they're essentially car flippers though I'm sure that's not a serious question.
                        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Maybe we can all pitch in as a forum…

Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Petrol Mica

Bid for the chance to own a 43k-Mile Petrol Mica 2004 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #78,698.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Surprised there aren't any sterling grays on this forum or bat, was the individual color du jour back in the day.
                              2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

E63/4 record with that 6spd 2010 M6. Wonder what it would have done if it wasn't such a boring dime a dozen color. Somebody give me a 2010 Lagos on White or Sepang on black please !
                                2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X