The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tlow98 View Post

maybe if it had the 4.4l motor. I’m of the opinion these are just a nice paint job and slightly more ready to hit the track… if you’re a beginner.

Rarity does make people spend more, tho, so there’s that.

you could make the 4.4 L argument about any E9X then as they’re all overall the same car with different color and number of doors.

This like rock has no nav, comes with a manual and speed cloth manual seats. That’s a very very rare spec among lime rocks alone.

I love the no Navi cloth seat looks on these cars. It’s perfect.
    2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
    2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
    2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
      I don't like the way that plate was welded on in pic 138 at all...
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post

Reading the comments on that listing, I'm curious: what is considered "low mileage" these days for these? My 2003 is at 83,000. I casually inquired to EAG last year about any interest they may have had in buying my car; basically was told my mileage was too high (was maybe 78k at the time?)
        That's still way low mileage for the year, but if you look at EAG most of their cars have 10-30k. They can't charge insane premiums with just regular low mileage, they're after the unicorns.

MIne has 54K on it, I'm a little over 200 miles away from 55K. I try not to worry about it and just enjoy the car, but it is something I think about every time we take a day trip in it. Like, just how much did that drive actually cost me in resale?? lol

If you bought the car to enjoy, then enjoy it and don't worry about the mileage. But I find it difficult myself even.
        2004 Dinan S3-R M3
        2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

you could make the 4.4 L argument about any E9X then as they’re all overall the same car with different color and number of doors.

This like rock has no nav, comes with a manual and speed cloth manual seats. That’s a very very rare spec among lime rocks alone.

I love the no Navi cloth seat looks on these cars. It’s perfect.
          This a subjective one, but here’s my thoughts. (Unsolicited, of course)

Yeah, it’s an m3 stripper. Which is great, but at 2-3x the price of any other m3 stripper I fail to see the value.

At this mileage using the car means losing money. So you’ll get to see a lot of the cloth… when it’s in the garage.

my priorities just don’t align with this one. It reminds me of the e36 lightweight. Any of our cars could be made similarly equipped pretty easily. But it’s missing the show piece. The piece de resistance. The real engine. In the e36’s case the euro s50 variants. In the e90’s case the s65b44. I know, I know, the s65 is not an apples to apples with the m54 based s50/52 but I digress… For that much money, give me the rare engine. They did it with the CSL. So do it here with the CRT and give it to us.

call a car something fancy, give it exclusive paint, and build only a few. It just wreaks of marketing and profit margins to me.

Last edited by tlow98; 07-11-2023, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Yeah, it’s an m3 stripper. Which is great, but at 2-3x the price of any other m3 stripper I fail to see the value.

It is not about value. Its just a very rare spec on an already rare car. Personally I am not a huge fan of LR. And for that kinda money you would see me in a 911 all day long. I rather have a 25k E92 M3 and spend 15 grand on mods and maintenance and it will be basically the same performing car. Now that is value
            2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

my priorities just don’t align with this one. It reminds me of the e36 lightweight. Any of our cars could be made similarly equipped pretty easily. But it’s missing the show piece. The piece de resistance. The real engine. In the e36’s case the euro s50 variants. In the e90’s case the s65b44. I know, I know, the s65 is not an apples to apples with the m54 based s50/52 but I digress… For that much money, give me the rare engine.

Agree about the LRP, disagree with the e36 lightweight analogy. The LTW really was quite special with the aluminum doors and rare motorsport parts. At 2950 pounds, it's got 250 off the US E36 and a massive 450 off the Euro. People forget that the US spec, though down on power, had the big weight advantage to begin with.
              ​​​​​​
              I would take the LTW over any euro E36 except the GT.

Comment

The LRP is one of the worst cases of manufactured rarity I've ever seen. Carbon fiber bits, orange paint, and an exhaust. Am I missing something? Is there some other crucial difference? I know this one is a stripper and gets a few bonus points just for that but there are other manual stripper coupe m3s out there. I admit I never paid attention to this car because well, its orange and not Italian.
                3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by 01SG View Post

Agree about the LRP, disagree with the e36 lightweight analogy. The LTW really was quite special with the aluminum doors and rare motorsport parts. At 2950 pounds, it's got 250 off the US E36 and a massive 450 off the Euro. People forget that the US spec, though down on power, had the big weight advantage to begin with.
                  ​​​​​​
                  You'd have an LTW over an M3 Evo?

Comment

Originally posted by stephen View Post

I would probably have the 3.0 over the evo, but they are still more or less the same. So yes, the weight does it for me. Might help that my local track is Lime Rock Park, which is short. And the power hardly matters on the street.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen View Post

I'd take the M3 Evo and the MB 190E Evo over an LTW. LTW is awesome regardless.
                      3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                        I don't like the way that plate was welded on in pic 138 at all...
                        Yeah, none of the 135-141 series pics lifted my spirits. Proof that it was done but… is that a positive?

maw

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                          I'd take the ... MB 190E Evo ...
                          Yeah, but... https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...volution-ii-5/

👀👀👀

maw

Comment

Originally posted by 01SG View Post

​​​​​​

Touché with the LTW. This only makes the Lime Rock car worse… surprisingly.

Comment

This is almost sure to be underpriced...

Bid for the chance to own a 38k-Mile 2011 BMW M3 Convertible 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #114,454.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
                                This is almost sure to be underpriced...

Bid for the chance to own a 38k-Mile 2011 BMW M3 Convertible 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #114,454.

maw
                                With those grills, I am surprised the carfax does not show previous registration in Atlanta or Florida
                                2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X