The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

There's ratted out crashed trash for sure... and then there's stuff like that Oxford Green and this ... https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...nvertible-113/ ... shame about the Grey interiors but it's hard to argue these aren't worth what people are paying for them.

maw
    Definitely going to watch that one. 19k miles seems just really low--almost too low. This stuff needs driven or things can rot away that one might not really see. Nonetheless, another super clean buy. I wish I could throw mine on a "virtual" BaT or CaB to see what the market prices it at. I've labored over mine for 16 years and it runs fantastic--but I'm sure someone would claim it junk since I haven't done VANOS, or bearings, or subframe, even though--flame suit on--I don't see/hear/feel/have data to show I need to do any of those (I'll do VANOS at the next valve adjustment at 90k though, and bearings at 100k or if UOA shows otherwise).

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

Lot cheaper than that now — I’d feel lucky to get $40k for my clean <70k mile M5.
      Maybe? That was just cruising AutoTrader, CL and M5board real quick. If your sub 70k mile car is a desirable option/color combo I think its gotta be worth more, but IDK.
      '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
      Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
      Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Originally posted by George Hill View Post

Maybe? That was just cruising AutoTrader, CL and M5board real quick. If your sub 70k mile car is a desirable option/color combo I think its gotta be worth more, but IDK.
        It’s not really, CB on black full leather with old man wood trim — suits the M5 perfectly for me but probably the most common combo. I was watching this one as a very close comp:

Bid for the chance to own a 2001 BMW M5 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #110,465.

Lot of dreamers on all three of those marketplaces IMO. Real sale dollar numbers are lower.

Comment

Nice looking car, but the multi color seats and not extended leather are killer for me. I just love extended leather, lol

'00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
          Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
          Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Originally posted by George Hill View Post

Nice looking car, but the multi color seats and not extended leather are killer for me. I just love extended leather, lol
            Me too. It’s a nicer option than I expected.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

It’s not really, CB on black full leather with old man wood trim — suits the M5 perfectly for me but probably the most common combo. I was watching this one as a very close comp:
              Gotta have extended leather and wood in an E39M, IMO.

maw

Comment

Black and grey two tone interior is pretty terrible lmao
                http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

[QUOTE=repoman89;n224476]

Lot cheaper than that now — I’d feel lucky to get $40k for my clean <70k mile M5. Prices are finally starting to come back to reality, which is a good thing as an owner who just wants to drive. Cheaper to insure, cheaper to replace, easier to not feel like I’m driving an investment.

As we all know BaT is top of the market and many of the E39 M5 auctions are pretty decent deals or not hitting reserve compared to this time last year at least. Same with E46s.

BAT didn't work good for me in last year(40k reserve) but around month later I sold my M5 for 41k . I was satisfied with that money. Seller was really happy, he even said that car looks better than on the the pictures. I didn't want use photographer to put filters on my pictures because I prefer to show real condition of the car even if could get more money .

Bid for the chance to own a 2002 BMW M5 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #75,569.

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a 7k-Mile 2013 BMW M3 Coupe Lime Rock Park Edition 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #113,005.
                    2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                    2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                    2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Pretty special car, worth imo.
                      2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Originally posted by CrisSilberGrau View Post

Pretty special car, worth imo.
                        maybe if it had the 4.4l motor. I’m of the opinion these are just a nice paint job and slightly more ready to hit the track… if you’re a beginner.

Rarity does make people spend more, tho, so there’s that.

Comment

Crispy... https://carsandbids.com/auctions/KYR...5-bmw-m3-coupe

maw

Comment

Originally posted by tlow98 View Post

maybe if it had the 4.4l motor. I’m of the opinion these are just a nice paint job and slightly more ready to hit the track… if you’re a beginner.

Rarity does make people spend more, tho, so there’s that.
                            Agreed. Also, I found it strange that they changed the brakes in Octobet 2022 but it's still on 2012 tires. What would make you change the brakes after 7k miles but not the tires?
                            Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
                              Reading the comments on that listing, I'm curious: what is considered "low mileage" these days for these? My 2003 is at 83,000. I casually inquired to EAG last year about any interest they may have had in buying my car; basically was told my mileage was too high (was maybe 78k at the time?)

Comment

I think it's under 60k for these cars give or take.

I don't have mileage as a top indicator of the true value of one of these cars. More for paper valuation for the pretend "investors / collectors"
                                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Working...
                                X