The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
    How much do y’all think a 2006 PY/Cinnamon SMG coupe with just under 800 miles (yes, 800) would go for?
    at 800 miles, id speculate near 100k if not more
    2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

How much do y’all think a 2006 PY/Cinnamon SMG coupe with just under 800 miles (yes, 800) would go for?
      I would think $90-100k

You have one to sell?

Comment

Originally posted by LVMESM46 View Post

I would think $90-100k

You have one to sell?
        I know of one that I offered to buy. 😅
        Silver Track to Street Car Journal
        Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

I know of one that I offered to buy. 😅
          How on the money was your offer? A couple months back some guy followed me for almost 10 exits and into a parking lot to make me an offer for my car and tells me he used to have one just like mine (except his was a vert, he boasted). His offer? $5k. I know TiAg on black isnt exactly a sought after combo but holy shit that was so clueless. Not even at the bottom of the depreciation curve was that a good offer.

Comment

Originally posted by lemoose View Post

How on the money was your offer? A couple months back some guy followed me for almost 10 exits and into a parking lot to make me an offer for my car and tells me he used to have one just like mine (except his was a vert, he boasted). His offer? $5k. I know TiAg on black isnt exactly a sought after combo but holy shit that was so clueless. Not even at the bottom of the depreciation curve was that a good offer.
            It belongs to a coworkers dad and he had told me about the car’s existence a while ago. Has never been put up for sale. I asked him how much his dad would want a couple of weeks ago, and I asked him for an update today. I’ll just say the number is much lower than $90-100k. I def want it..just trying to figure out how to go about buying it (have a third E46 or sell one car and replace with this).
            Silver Track to Street Car Journal
            Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

Nah, not at all... just have the luxury of time sometimes... and I've watched the "market" for cars I own as part of the fun of owning them... as well as discussing those trends with other knowledgeable enthusiast owners of the same cars.

maw
              So you watch the market every day? This sounds awfully boring to me then again I don't have an interest in selling nor do I consider my car an investment like some on this board. I miss the days when people held onto these cars because they liked them even though they were depreciating. Now we have all kinds of speculators getting hard ons seeing the values rise.

I'd much rather be driving my car or hanging out with friends smoking cigars and drinking fine spirits.

2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

I’m in all kinds of markets, including fine cigars and spirits. Just not every day. Like I said, the luxury of time sometimes. I agree with you about car speculators though. They’ve ruined some of the sport. But in other car boards, BaT is a money launderers game, they are sure of it. So it’s kind of just an ongoing conversation, among other ongoing conversations.

My interest here are more about what makes sense to do to the car along the way. Much the same way cigar conversation might be about Cuban v Nicaraguan v Dominican, or robusto v lancero v toro, and which shapes go best with which tobaccos or spirits or coffee bean.

maw
                Last edited by maw1124; 01-20-2022, 06:00 PM.

Comment

It belongs to a coworkers dad and he had told me about the car’s existence a while ago. Has never been put up for sale. I asked him how much his dad would want a couple of weeks ago, and I asked him for an update today. I’ll just say the number is much lower than $90-100k. I def want it..just trying to figure out how to go about buying it (have a third E46 or sell one car and replace with this).
                  Buy it for his asking price and then sell it on BaT lol. Cars with mileage in the low thousands are easily bringing in near 100k. A sub 1k mile example will blow through 100k easy I'd bet. Don't sell the IB street car though.... I'd kill to roll back my miles down to 800 miraculously but not at the expense of looking at PY every day.
                  Last edited by lemoose; 01-20-2022, 06:05 PM.

Comment

This poor thing needs some help: https://www.ebay.com/itm/33429409983...QAAOSwgNxh5JIR
                    2005 ZCP SMG ///M3

Comment

With these prices I might have to consider listing my TiAg with 50k miles, very clean, vanos & racp done.

Comment

Originally posted by Will ZCPM3 View Post
                        Shitsawreck. Wow. Poor car.
                        Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

I would make sure that it is truly a 2006 which would make it an individual car since PY production ended in 05. See if it is a ZCP? The SMG is irrelevant for this particular car. That thing is a unicorn and probably the rarest and lowest mileage PY car in the world. Hard to put an exact number on it but I think there are people out there who love PY enough to drop close to 100k on it. I would say if he is asking less than 60k, then he has no idea what he is sitting on or doesn't want to go through the hassle of getting top dollar for it.
                          2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                          2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                          2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

65 bids ending at 8200 haha

Put that poor car out of its misery.
                            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post
                              Shitsawreck. Wow. Poor car.
                              This is how BaT started… “ShitsAWreck” sounds like a good name for a dot com targeted at project cars specifically. I see a lot of guys looking for the opposite of pristine example dot com for cars they want. I see an equal number wanting to get rid of cars they’ve driven into the dirt in sensible ways.

It’s not a business for me, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a business. Listing fees, commissions and volume all apply.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

This is how BaT started… “ShitsAWreck” sounds like a good name for a dot com targeted at project cars specifically. I see a lot of guys looking for the opposite of pristine example dot com for cars they want. I see an equal number wanting to get rid of cars they’ve driven into the dirt in sensible ways.

It’s not a business for me, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a business. Listing fees, commissions and volume all apply.

maw
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	237
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	149809
                                2005 ZCP SMG ///M3

Comment

Working...
                                X