The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antknee View Post
    I'm curious about the dude that placed that $45K bid. Check out his other bids/wins....wow....good taste if you're on here

BMWNJ on BaT | Bring a Trailer
    That Cayman Black Edition is a lot of car for that money. Looks well bought to me, and I don’t care what the “market” says.

maw

Comment

IB + Cinnamon SMG

Bid for the chance to own a 2006 BMW M3 Coupe Competition Package at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #61,592.

I'm a bit surprised that this brought $45k with 113k Miles + SMG. Is there really that much of a premium for slicktop cars? Manual seat option I'm sure was a bonus.

Good to see higher mileage with nice spec still fetching a premium, makes me really think about my IB Cinnamon 6spd w/112k 🤔

Comment

Originally posted by Poowill View Post
        IB + Cinnamon SMG

Bid for the chance to own a 2006 BMW M3 Coupe Competition Package at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #61,592.

I'm a bit surprised that this brought $45k with 113k Miles + SMG. Is there really that much of a premium for slicktop cars? Manual seat option I'm sure was a bonus.

Good to see higher mileage with nice spec still fetching a premium, makes me really think about my IB Cinnamon 6spd w/112k 🤔
        Interlagos carries a heavy premium, coupled with the desirability and rarity of it paired with Cinnamon, drove that result. I think it had less to do with Slicktop or manual seats, granted I’m sure those had some impact, but more about the pairing of the 2 most desirable colors for exterior and interior.

Comment

There were also two bidders who got caught up in a $20k+ bidding war, so some emotion may have been involved. Everybody else dropped out $16k before the final bid, which is a little more reasonable.
          2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Originally posted by mtpktz View Post

Interlagos carries a heavy premium, coupled with the desirability and rarity of it paired with Cinnamon, drove that result. I think it had less to do with Slicktop or manual seats, granted I’m sure those had some impact, but more about the pairing of the 2 most desirable colors for exterior and interior.
            I'm sure the maintenance history and documentation helped too...

Originally posted by K-Dawg View Post
            There were also two bidders who got caught up in a $20k+ bidding war, so some emotion may have been involved. Everybody else dropped out $16k before the final bid, which is a little more reasonable.
            I noticed that, they must have really been set on this one. I can't say I blame them as I was the same way with mine.

I wonder how much of the used car demand and new car shortage is driving some of this e46 m3 mania lately, or if it's strictly the demand of the platform?

Comment

Originally posted by K-Dawg View Post
              Without a doubt - emotional attachment definitely plays a role in these auctions. Also keep in mind this car had moderate damage reported on Carfax which was maybe the most shocking part of this car fetching $46K.

Comment

IB + Cinnamon SMG

I'm a bit surprised that this brought $45k with 113k Miles + SMG.

Compare and contrast with this one:

Bid for the chance to own a 2006 BMW M3 Coupe Competition Package at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #62,452.

I know my comments won't be constructive here.. but with this car, it's Bring-a-Detailer. When I see this condition car, I also think it's Bring-a-Mechanic

Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Agreed... looks like a rough 64k miles. If they didn't bother to detail the car for sale or bother to keep a factory look and feel head unit, what else didn't they bother to think about or do?

maw

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

Bid for the chance to own a 2006 BMW M3 Coupe Competition Package at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #62,452.

I know my comments won't be constructive here.. but with this car, it's Bring-a-Detailer. When I see this condition car, I also think it's Bring-a-Mechanic
                    There's a lot of low hanging fruit on that car that would have netted the seller thousands more. I'm sure it will still bring in a decent number.

Comment

I think the site has become very misleading. It really once was a “bring a trailer” AKA “shit may not run” to what now transpired to be a “pristine example dot com”. That ZCP is rough, but in true form it is a “bring a trailer” example.

Last edited by 02_lsb; 12-21-2021, 04:11 PM.
                      Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Jeebus batman.

I would have bought a tiag or carbon black w/ grey interior with approximately the same mileage for less than half, spent 4 to 6k for a new interior from bmwrestoredseats, dropped 15 to 25k for a brand new paint job in IB, installed a carbon fiber roof, and then DIY all the maintenance. Buyer got what he wanted but IMO this was not a good buy regardless of spec due to the mileage, smg (I own and love my SMG), and accident.
                        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post
                          I think the site has become very misleading. It really once was a “bring a trailer” AKA “shit may not run” to what now transpired to be a “pristine example dot com”. That ZCP is rough, but in true form it is a “bring a trailer” example.
                          Good counterpoint.

I've bid on several cars and nearly bought a couple. At the end of the day, I couldn't justify the BaT tax. Pre-supply chain issues, prices on there were already higher than they should be IMHO. By the time you pay the buyer's fee + BaT markup (feeding frenzy) + shipping (in some form or another unless you get lucky with location), you're way above market value. There are good buys on there, but they seem to be more the exception now.
                          Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

It’s now “pristine example dot com”… cars and bids is what BaT used to be, IMO. I know, people don’t care for DeMuro. But the counterpoint is I didn’t even know the site was his, which is how relevant he is to me. It’s all about the cars in my book. I do love the BaT analytics being complied though.

maw

Comment

I'm sure the maintenance history and documentation helped too...

I noticed that, they must have really been set on this one. I can't say I blame them as I was the same way with mine.

I wonder how much of the used car demand and new car shortage is driving some of this e46 m3 mania lately, or if it's strictly the demand of the platform?
                              I think it’s both but these buyers will eventually sell nobody keeps cars forever, there are allot of M3’s that are junk......in my area on Craigslist there are around 10 listings under 20k, and one ZCP 06 listed for 44k.....looks like the e9x will follow the trend it being the only V8 M3.

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

That car was evidently repainted at a Maaco… that right there tells you everything you need to know about that owner/their poor M3.

Comment

Working...
                                X