The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post
    Wow, nary a seatbelt buckle nick on the aluminum! Looks great!
    There are few, but very minor. ZCP aluminum is so expensive these days, I was very careful not to nick it any more than it already was!
    BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Good luck TexaZ3, what a great example and I love all the information you've added to auction via comments, people will appreciate that.

Here's an oddball, usually dont go for this type of thing but in this case it (the swap) looks to have been done quite well.

I have no doubt this would be a fun one..

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 2JZ-GTE–Powered 2005 BMW M3 Coupe Competition Package 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #115,461.
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
        Good luck TexaZ3, what a great example and I love all the information you've added to auction via comments, people will appreciate that.

Here's an oddball, usually dont go for this type of thing but in this case it (the swap) looks to have been done quite well.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-m3-coupe-158/
        So strange with that motor swap. Cool / fun project that looks well done but can't say I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-m3-coupe-158/
          Thank you - hopefully it will go to a loving home. This car is the best E46 I've owned to date.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaZ3 View Post

Thank you - hopefully it will go to a loving home. This car is the best E46 I've owned to date.
            An amazing example, GLWS!

I do spy something LSB in the background on the walkaround video
            Last edited by Slideways; 07-30-2023, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

An amazing example, GLWS!

I do spy something LSB in the background on the walkaround video
              Well, yeah - that is the reason this one if for sale
              Thanks!

Comment

My personal E46 Competition just went up on BaT. All of you who know me personally, seen/drove this car, and know how meticulous and detail oriented I am - I would appreciate any comments or feedback you can provide on the listing.
                This is fully sorted and serviced Competition M3, and not many people outside of this forum can even appreciate the fact that big 3 are done and the expense it entails - or how much brand new interior parts cost these days

So any positive feedback any of you could provide to help me find a good home for this beauty - I'd appreciate it!

Bid for the chance to own a 2005 BMW M3 Coupe Competition Package at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #115,739.

Thanks!
                Alex
                Will definitely join the conversation, always enjoy correcting dumb commentary on BAT 😂

Comment

Beautiful car , good luck with sale.

Comment

Well, yeah - that is the reason this one if for sale
                    Thanks!
                    Is the replacement an LCI car at least, because if its LSB it wont be ZCP i guess.
                    2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Originally posted by CrisSilberGrau View Post

Is the replacement an LCI car at least, because if its LSB it wont be ZCP i guess.
                      The replacement is a 2004 (which is rare for an LSB, last year that color was available), so yeah, an LCI. Plus it is also a slicktop w/manual seats and black interior. Pretty rare spec - 1/35 for 2004.
                      It will be going through a very thorough reconditioning in the next couple of months. Pretty stocked about it.

Comment

Originally posted by kermmmit7 View Post
                        Beautiful car , good luck with sale.
                        Thank you!

Originally posted by fattycharged View Post

Will definitely join the conversation, always enjoy correcting dumb commentary on BAT 😂

Haha, plenty of that there for sure.

Comment

I’m simply impressed not one person has jumped in and said “SMG sucks”. Forum members have come a long way. Y’all know who you are lol.
                          Last edited by oceansize; 08-02-2023, 06:27 AM.
                          3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

The replacement is a 2004 (which is rare for an LSB, last year that color was available), so yeah, an LCI. Plus it is also a slicktop w/manual seats and black interior. Pretty rare spec - 1/35 for 2004.
                            It will be going through a very thorough reconditioning in the next couple of months. Pretty stocked about it.
                            I feel like I saw that post. Was it parked next to a Porsche or something.

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                              I’m simply impressed not one person has jumped in and said “SMG sucks”. Forum members have come a long way. Y’all know who you are lol.
                              I know I'm in the minority, but I actually prefer SMG2 in E46 to the manual. Out of 5 E46M cars that I had, 4 of them were SMG cars (by choice), and my ownership of the 6MT was the shortest.
                              I have 5 other cars with manuals, so its not like I don't enjoy them, or anything - I just feel that E46 with SMG is such a different car, such a departure from a lot of mainstream systems, and SMG-type cars were so ahead of its time when it came out. Part of it my fascination with old tech and systems, part of it is that with CSL software, it is actually rather capable.

Comment

I know I'm in the minority, but I actually prefer SMG2 in E46 to the manual... I just feel that E46 with SMG is such a different car, such a departure from a lot of mainstream systems, and SMG-type cars were so ahead of its time when it came out. Part of it my fascination with old tech and systems, part of it is that with CSL software, it is actually rather capable.
                                I agree with this. There are a lot of older transmissions where I think a manual would be preferable to what was offered (think '90's Benzes and BMW), including a lot of transmissions from the same period (Audi Tiptronic, AMG Speedshift). But for all of them, if the SMG and a manual were offered, I'd pick the SMG. With the CSL tune, it eliminates the need for a 3rd pedal.

maw
                                Last edited by maw1124; 08-02-2023, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X