No announcement yet.

Side Finisher Rubber Replacement and Rear Side Window Trim Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any pics showing how the trim seal was done? Not just a before and after.

Comment

It's the OE part, what's the worry or unclear part? I'm not being snide, I want to make sure this is simply a factory part swap, no extra work needed.
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
        Now all someone needs to do is make the door seal as they cost $750 EACH when I checked today 🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Ask if Matas (Matt) have access to this as he's in the rubber business.

Comment

Originally posted by Epsilon View Post

Ask if Matas (Matt) have access to this as he's in the rubber business.
          Oh really? I'll do just that right now!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BMWE46M3 View Post
            Can someone please post their results after they get these installed? Thanks...
            There is no other pre-moulded OEM option like this which is why I ordered a set without seeing one example test fitted.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
              Now all someone needs to do is make the door seal as they cost $750 EACH when I checked today 🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              +10000!!

Comment

Thanks for setting it up Maxima, freaking Euros waning, ended up paying $136 to get it to ~120 Euros. 😎

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

There is no other pre-moulded OEM option like this which is why I ordered a set without seeing one example test fitted.
                  Same here. At this price, it's worth a try.

Comment

I think the price is a bargain. especially compared to how much parts for these cars go for through the dealer. the 3M weatherstripping was about $60 IIRC plus another $10 in tubing to reinforce it and for me it still left a gap around the top of the window and would not seal properly. what's another $70 for a OEM fit and finish? I personally would pay up to $200 per side just for OE replacement lol

I think matt may work for the supplier? I don't think the average joe can convince these guys to start reproducing a part for a 20 year old car. Also what happens if BMW finds out?
                    Last edited by Maxima SE; 06-15-2023, 04:38 PM.
                    2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                    2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                    2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
                      I think the price is a bargain. especially compared to how much parts for these cars go for through the dealer. the 3M weatherstripping was about $60 IIRC plus another $10 in tubing to reinforce it and for me it still left a gap around the top of the window and would not seal properly. what's another $70 for a OEM fit and finish? I personally would pay up to $200 per side just for OE replacement lol

I think matt may work for the supplier? I don't think the average joe can convince these guys to start reproducing a part for a 20 year old car. Also what happens if BMW finds out?
                      They will laugh at the E46 peasants

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
                        Also what happens if BMW finds out?
                        Let’s all agree to not blast this guy’s parts on social media like FB and IG lol.
                        Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                        Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

One thing is for sure, I will be conditioning this rubber with a q-tip at every wash... any recommendations on products? 303?

Comment

Originally posted by freshprince2421 View Post
                            One thing is for sure, I will be conditioning this rubber with a q-tip at every wash... any recommendations on products? 303?
                            Better off not touching it. Just spray some 303 on it and let it soak in before washing the car imo.
                            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

303 protectant ? I may have to start using it on my Z4 that sits outside a lot.

ill probably end up buying a spare set of the weatherstripping for the E46 for a rainy day
                              2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                              2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                              2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Just an FYI, I haven't got any confirmation from the seller. I blindly sent money via paypal per instructions here. I'm not worried yet as it was Wednesday Morning. I'll update when I know more. (I sent 140.93 to get him 125 Euros)

Comment

Working...
                                X