No announcement yet.

6 Point RACP Brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I custom made a structure in 2017. I also drilled out the holes where the subframe bolts threaded into and use a 1/2" grade 8 bolt which bolts the structure and rar subframe to the floor. The bolts are torqued to 120 ft/lbs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D39F2AFA-4CE3-4D0B-A4F3-06A6FB671547.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	231714

I did make a mistake...I should have tacked the assembly and then welded it the structure outside of the car. Welding would have not been such a massive challenge...and also would look a lot better

Name:	899EADA1-FD0D-4147-A5C6-E3589DC99441.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	231711

Then I tied it onto the strut towers and roll cage. There's also two bars that go from the two front mounts to a bar between the main hoop and rear bars. So all 4 corners are tied into something else.

Name:	8C13F5DE-3C37-45E9-A288-DD5D467AEE90.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	231715
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bigjae46; 09-01-2023, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Syfon View Post
      I have the full cmp underside & topside reinforcement kit, solid subframe raising bushings & 6 point brace. Most definitely makes the rear end noticeably tighter and stiffer. I have retained my rear seats with the brace. It does not interfere with them at all.
      Do you have some pictures? I'm trying to imagine a CMP topside setup and a 6-point brace together
      http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
      '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

Do you have some pictures? I'm trying to imagine a CMP topside setup and a 6-point brace together
        Only pics I have. Boot trim needs to be tidied up but you get the idea
        Attached Files

Comment

Made my own a few years back, I liked the look of the Puretech so copied the style for the X brace section.

Name:	IMG_20210128_161500.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	232564

Comment

Originally posted by Syfon View Post

Only pics I have. Boot trim needs to be tidied up but you get the idea
            Cool, do you feel like that's a little redundant though?
            '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Cool, do you feel like that's a little redundant though?
              Not really tbh. At the time, my racp was cracked pretty bad so I thought I may as well go the whole 9 yards with reinforcement

Comment

Might be a dumb question but has anyone paired one of these braces with CMPs chassis rail plates?

Edit: Disregard. Went with CMP all around
                Last edited by stephen; 02-22-2024, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know if you can run this 6 point rear brace if you have the vincebar with the front gusset cups?

They sell a version of this that allow you to retain the rear seats but not sure if it would work with the front gusset cups:

Comment

Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post
                    Does anyone know if you can run this 6 point rear brace if you have the vincebar with the front gusset cups?

They sell a version of this that allow you to retain the rear seats but not sure if it would work with the front gusset cups:

https://beracingtuning.com/product/b...eats-suitable/
                    That is a DSWorks brace, not sure why the original company isn't mentioned in the description on the link you provided.

Here is the original link for that product, which states that it allows for the rear seats to be kept.

---
                    Note: I don't have any experience with DSWorks braces. But, if you look at the mounting style for the brace, and use the ol eyechrometer, it looks like it could fit, but it depends on the size of the DSWorks mount. I would just call/email them and ask.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	216.2 KB ID:	254606
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	866.4 KB ID:	254607​​
                    Last edited by Stilt; 02-22-2024, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post

It will not fit if you have already installed the Vince Bar gusset cups. The front mounting points of these 6-point braces all mount to the same place that the gusset cups go. Top side of the front subframe mounting points. They mount by using extra long bolts that go all the way through the RACP from top to bottom and replace your stock subframe bolts.
                      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Stilt View Post

---
                        Note: I don't have any experience with DSWorks braces. But, if you look at the mounting style for the brace, and use the ol eyechrometer, it looks like it could fit, but it depends on the size of the DSWorks mount. I would just call/email them and ask.

Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	216.2 KB ID:	254606
                        Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	866.4 KB ID:	254607​​
                        It won't work, the mounts of the brace won't fit inside the gusset cup. That would also be redundant because the two things basically do the same thing. The gusset cup is a good solution if your priority is to be minimally intrusive.
                        '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

It won't work, the mounts of the brace won't fit inside the gusset cup. That would also be redundant because the two things basically do the same thing. The gusset cup is a good solution if your priority is to be minimally intrusive.
                          I am guessing from eyeballing it, this style brace would not fit either with the gusset cups:

Name:	IMG_5726.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	254747

Comment

Hello! I came across this forum and registered. I am Dusan - owner of DSworks company. Now we have made a weld-in set that is combined with our 4point or 6point style braces 2. It will be made to order, ask everything you are interested in.
                            Instagram - dusanstrutworks

Comment

Working...
                            X