No announcement yet.

FCP Euro Lifetime Replacement Guarantee Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow the number of spoiled American children on this forum is unbelievable… you all should have been born into a poor family in a poor country somewhere so you can get a taste of real struggle and unfairness in life.

Unbelievable what people are saying in here.. “but, but…what happens when I want to replace a part for the sixth time for free and I have to pay shipping too?” Lol

Comment

Originally posted by PetrolM3 View Post
      Wow the number of spoiled American children on this forum is unbelievable… you all should have been born into a poor family in a poor country somewhere so you can get a taste of real struggle and unfairness in life.

Unbelievable what people are saying in here.. “but, but…what happens when I want to replace a part for the sixth time for free and I have to pay shipping too?” Lol

Oh boy...lol. Way to go heinzboehmer
      Last edited by oceansize; 10-25-2022, 04:07 AM.
      3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

I’ve been buying parts from them since 2014, and my dumbass has yet to warranty a single thing oof.
        Silver Track to Street Car Journal
        Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

America is turning into a bunch of snowflakes.

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
          I’ve been buying parts from them since 2014, and my dumbass has yet to warranty a single thing oof.
          Ha same here.

Comment

If you've been buying parts with the expectation to warranty them forever, I have more bridges to sell you.

Comment

Not surprised at all, won't change much for me. I occasionally use FCP when my local guy doesn't have what I need or if it's a high dollar item like E9X M3 throttle actuators. After trying to get the oil back into the bottles and spilling that sh!t everywhere in my garage and then boxing that crap up...I'd rather just buy it. lol. I distinctly remember also trying to put Redline 75w-140 back into the bottle...that tiny bottle opening!

I'm still awestruck that there is any complaint about this? What other place allows you to use oil and return? Except for maybe Walmart because they are...Walmart.

FCP Euro, unlike ECS Tuning has never been late for the couple orders I have placed. I'm always waiting on ECS Tuning. Like now, overnighted a power steering pulley Fri night (oops)...ECS still has not shipped yet. I overnighted the damned thing!!!
              Last edited by bigjae46; 10-25-2022, 06:44 AM.

Comment

The “spoiled” children I know don’t care about things like lifetime warranty. They’re generally bad with their money and don’t know how to save a buck. On the other hand kids who aren’t spoiled and know how hard it is to make a buck do care about how their money is being spent. We are mad because we chose to pay extra up front for near a decade in hopes of needing to warranty an item and now the rules have changed. If you read the thread you will see that most of us haven’t even used the lifetime warranty much, let alone six times for the same item which upsets us even more. had we known what we know now, many of us wouldn’t have bought from FCP to make them who they are now.

for your record, some of us are foreign born, in third world countries, came from nothing and aren’t doing too bad for ourselves.
                2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

LOL The company in question was the one to advertise LIFETIME WARRANTY - this is not about the 2nd, 3rd or 10th replacement, it's in regards to the term LIFETIME - LIFE.....TIME - this is not about anything other than a business putting into practice what it advertised. That's it.
                  - Jonathan

2004 M3 6MT Carbon Black OEM+ | Vortex Days

Comment

Lifetime of what? Your lifetime? FCP's lifetime? The lifetime of the car? Or the lifetime of the policy, which they can alter at any time.

Comment

While not as good it's still better than what any other company offers?

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                        Oh boy...lol. Way to go heinzboehmer
                        Didn't mean to cause all of this lol
                        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

It seems like there are two camps here – those who bought high dollar / long service life parts from FCP expecting free replacement many years down the road, and those who saw it more as a replacement program for wear items and parts that routinely fail on our cars. I'd argue the latter is what they intended the program to be even if it wasn't strictly messaged as such, and their business model is to eat the cost of those lower value parts knowing that they will make it back when you return to buy the expensive stuff.

The former is far less likely to realize that replacement value, while for the latter this doesn't change much aside from shouldering the effects of inflation which as a business owner myself feels perfectly reasonable. When BMW is drastically increasing the wholesale prices of older parts with smaller production runs, supply chain issues, and good old price gouging it never made sense to expect that FCP would eat those costs in perpetuity.
                          Last edited by dukeofchen; 10-25-2022, 10:50 AM.
                          '04 LSB Coupe 6MT
                          All my money goes towards maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

It should get refunded because you will provide them the order number for the original purchase made in 2020. That will always be the order that gets you the lifetime warranty. Everything else will be “replacements”. I think legally it will be hard for them to change the policy for purchases before October 2022.
                            100% agree and that's my angle with it. They knew the risks and there's a reason you forecast these things before executing. Also if they were worried about losing money due to people abusing it, why push the marketing so hard to the consumer. They are literally telling you to send your fluids back all over social media. Not just leaving it on the website for the smart consumer to find.

Friend and I archived the fcp terms prior to this announcement and it looks like they never had a "terms of service" that stated "program subject to change at any time" or anything of the likes so legally I think they have to honor all the old terms such as refunding you cash for replacements before the new terms go into effect (aka pre 11/1 orders) and technically I think they also are obligated to refund you for the replacement order and not the original order. Its not "lifetime replacement" if I have to pay for the price hike of the new part minus shipping costs. That's grade A fraud to get you to buy from them if they go back on their terms of the program that got us all to buy into it in the first place. No end date for the program was stated or a "program subject to changes at any time" is listed anywhere.

Legally though, this will get very interesting for anyone in the old program because I can't see how their legal team that helped draft the new terms will be able to help them do anything about changing terms of an old program that had no disclaimers giving them the right to do so in the first place.

Anything moving forward, sure they can do whatever they want. They are a business at the end of the day and realized too late in the game that they need to offset losses from data analysis that someone fell asleep at the wheel on.

Also, it looks like replacements for pre 11/1 orders will indeed be eligible for a cash refund upon request. Annoying to have to put in extra effort for this but its something.

Archive of their terms prior to the announcement:

Every product you buy from FCP Euro is guaranteed for life for your ownership of the vehicle. This lifetime replacement guarantee covers everything we sell, including wear-and-tear items like brake pads, gaskets, rotors, filters, and wiper blades.
                            Last edited by thegenius46m; 10-25-2022, 11:20 AM.
                            2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
                            2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedCommie View Post
                              Lifetime of what? Your lifetime? FCP's lifetime? The lifetime of the car? Or the lifetime of the policy, which they can alter at any time.
                              It's the lifetime of the car ownership of your car Bud. It says it in plan black and white... "As long as you own your car"

Comment

It wouldn't be so bad, if FCP adjusts their pricing. They are typically more expensive than other sellers and we all figured it's because of the lifetime warranty. If the warranty is not as lifetime or as warranty-ish, then I would expect the prices to come down a little... but we all know they won't.

Comment

Working...
                                X