X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for your lost

Comment

Originally posted by lemoose View Post
      Well just a little over a week of enjoying the new airbox i manage to get hit. What do yall think the possible outcome from this is?
      That’s easily 5000€ just in parts without frame damage being considered. Work wise you gonna pay a lot more.

Comment

Yep... estimate came out to $23000. Its still bullshit and they're clearly trying to total out the car. they threw in parts and labor to completely replace the front suspension and wheel components even though theres no signs of damage there and they didnt even get the car on a lift lol.
        2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

So get maximum $, and buy the car back, fix it for cheaper?
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Yep... estimate came out to $23000. Its still bullshit and they're clearly trying to total out the car. they threw in parts and labor to completely replace the front suspension and wheel components even though theres no signs of damage there and they didnt even get the car on a lift lol.
            You gotta be effing kidding me. And I thought the 10k I mentioned was on the high end. Is the front bumper salvageable? and is the wheel cracked or bent? Can you have another shop give you an estimate ? with used parts, that thing is a $5000 repair out of pocket.
            2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
            2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
            2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

You gotta be effing kidding me. And I thought the 10k I mentioned was on the high end. Is the front bumper salvageable? and is the wheel cracked or bent? Can you have another shop give you an estimate ? with used parts, that thing is a $5000 repair out of pocket.
              Wheel is fine lol just needss to be repainted and front bumper is salvagable (although i'd pay the money to get a new euro bumper) but theres lots of other laughable things in there like, the bottom reinforcement plate

Comment

Wheel is fine lol just needss to be repainted and front bumper is salvagable (although i'd pay the money to get a new euro bumper) but theres lots of other laughable things in there like, the bottom reinforcement plate
                Get another quote for a used OE hood and fender, repaint your own bumper and call it a day.
                2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

I don't know how things work in TX, but you aren't completely at the mercy of the insurance company. You can decide what to do with the car and who does the work. The car doesn't have to be "totaled" unless you want it to be.
                  2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

I'd be very upset about it. Since the prices are all over the place. They'll try to low-ball you I'm sure.

I hope everything turns out well.

This is probably one of the reasons why I choose to not make any car perfect that I will be driving the wheels off. Especially since it's a track toy as well. Maybe if I was rich.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Dawg View Post
                      I don't know how things work in TX, but you aren't completely at the mercy of the insurance company. You can decide what to do with the car and who does the work. The car doesn't have to be "totaled" unless you want it to be.
                      yep I'm working with a shop and sent them over the estimate and pics and they seem to agree its definitely a case of them just trying to total it out and should be repairable in the neighborhood of $10k. even though i dont plan on selling it though its just dirty feeling that the insurance company's greedy estimate will turn my car into a salvage title even though it more than likely is not lol. note, this is through my insurance though- gonna give it a shot through theirs
                      Last edited by lemoose; 03-13-2023, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Did I mention I hate insurance companies. There should be a law that lets you pay your collision and comprehensive coverages into a self directed account. People would drive better and have money to do their own repairs in the event of a crash, etc. If I totaled up what I've paid in premiums for comprehensive and collision on my cars the last 10 years I could buy another car.

They overcharge you to keep your car, to cover them for the times when people injure other people with accidents.

$23k is criminal.

maw

Comment

yep I'm working with a shop and sent them over the estimate and pics and they seem to agree its definitely a case of them just trying to total it out and should be repairable in the neighborhood of $10k. even though i dont plan on selling it though its just dirty feeling that the insurance company's greedy estimate will turn my car into a salvage title even though it more than likely is not lol. note, this is through my insurance though- gonna give it a shot through theirs
                          Again, you don't necessarily have to "total" the car if you are adverse to that. Get as much as you can from the insurance company for the repair, plus diminished value, then get the car repaired on your own. This will probably take some work on your part to provide comps and receipts, but might be worthwhile.
                          2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

Did I mention I hate insurance companies. There should be a law that lets you pay your collision and comprehensive coverages into a self directed account. People would drive better and have money to do their own repairs in the event of a crash, etc. If I totaled up what I've paid in premiums for comprehensive and collision on my cars the last 10 years I could buy another car.

They overcharge you to keep your car, to cover them for the times when people injure other people with accidents.

$23k is criminal.

maw
                            facts .thousands and thousands of dollars spent on various insurance policies that you never even use. just add up car + home insurance over 10 years and you'd want to cry!

Car insurance companies are clever scam artists. they give you a low quote to get you to switch from another company but on your 6 month renewal they raise the rate 150% once they've earned your business. Rates go up like crazy out of no where then they say the number of accidents have increased.... but wait a minute we are going through a pandemic and tons of people are working from home. How did the number of accidents go up when half the cars aren't even on the road?
                            2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Damage looks somewhat similar to my E36 when an idiot backed into it in a parking garage. The front half of the fender apron was bent, but no damage to the strut tower. I was able to straighten it out and achieve perfect fender fitment. I bought a used hood and fender and had them painted, but there are enough TiAg M3s out there that you shouldn’t have too much trouble finding used TiAg parts. Your repairs might not be too difficult or as expensive as it looks. If you decide to keep the car and repair it yourself, I’d be open to helping with the repairs.

Regarding the title, Geico totaled my car, but it kept its clean title for some reason. Carfax showed a total loss though. If there’s a chance you might sell it, a total loss on the carfax will hurt you.

Dude in Houston with TiAg parts:
                              Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by SQ13; 03-13-2023, 07:39 PM.
                              Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                              Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Insurance wrote the $23k estimate?

I assume you've had Berli's look at it?
                                '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
                                Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
                                Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Working...
                                X