Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wireless CarPlay and AA on stock MKIV nav screen, including touch screen support!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would love to see impressions since I would be considering this now.

Comment

Originally posted by Stilt View Post

[mention]Projecte46m3 [/mention] has done this, pretty sure it's in the car now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yup! I got it done and also got the amp upgrade option. This setup along with upgrade Bavsound speakers and upgrade 6x9 subs sounds ok.

My Thoughts:
      • I went for the touch screen set up which is very responsive
      • I went for the stage 2 amp upgrade (50 RMS Watts)
      • Upgraded the mic in the stock location
      • The unit starts up right away with the car and there are some downsides to this...kinda bugs me a bit.
        • Anytime you interact with the car the system wakes up. It goes off after 5 minutes of the ignition being off.
        • If you're wrenching on the car then disconnect the battery. I've definitely drained the battery and needed to connect to a battery tender twice.
        • The TV Tuner seems to be very loud when the system awakens
        • Takes about 20 minutes for the entire car to go fully asleep. The entertainment system is off as soon as the navigation light is off.
      • Screen resolution isn't that great (this should be expected for age of tech)
      2005 E46 ///M3 Interlagos Blue/Cinnamon

BBS - Recaro - JRZ - PFC - Supersprint - Haimus - Vorshlag - RKP - DMG - Diffsonline - Autosolutions - ​Koyo - Mile End Composites - YFCM - GC

https://www.instagram.com/justanotham4/

Comment

Originally posted by Projecte46m3 View Post

Yup! I got it done and also got the amp upgrade option. This setup along with upgrade Bavsound speakers and upgrade 6x9 subs sounds ok.

My Thoughts:
        • The unit starts up right away with the car and there are some downsides to this...kinda bugs me a bit.
          • Anytime you interact with the car the system wakes up. It goes off after 5 minutes of the ignition being off.
          • If you're wrenching on the car then disconnect the battery. I've definitely drained the battery and needed to connect to a battery tender twice.
          • Takes about 20 minutes for the entire car to go fully asleep. The entertainment system is off as soon as the navigation light is off.
        Thanks for the input! I've been waiting a review before deciding to purchase.

Anything to not about the wireless connection with your phone to the system? Is all that seamless?
        2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

Thanks for the input! I've been waiting a review before deciding to purchase.

Anything to not about the wireless connection with your phone to the system? Is all that seamless?
          The wireless connection is pretty damn good! It's very seamless and connects immediately. It seems to connect faster than my factory carplay connection on my 2022 F95 X5M which is insane to say. LOL
          2005 E46 ///M3 Interlagos Blue/Cinnamon

BBS - Recaro - JRZ - PFC - Supersprint - Haimus - Vorshlag - RKP - DMG - Diffsonline - Autosolutions - ​Koyo - Mile End Composites - YFCM - GC

https://www.instagram.com/justanotham4/

Comment

My Thoughts:
            Thank you for the review.

The OEM system comes on as soon as you unlock the car or open a door/trunk. However with carplay, your phone will connect. So if you are working on your car, just turn off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, or you can even go into CarPlay settings on your phone and turn off carplay.

TV tuner fan is a must. You won’t hear it, once the trunk is closed.

Not much can be done with the resolution. You can add a HDMI screen, but then you don’t have a way to interact with the original system.

Bear in mind, the e9x and e6x with CCC system cars had the same resolution screens. The 16:9 smaller screens, are actually identical to the e46 monitor, but the connector is different.

Comment

The wireless connection is pretty damn good! It's very seamless and connects immediately. It seems to connect faster than my factory carplay connection on my 2022 F95 X5M which is insane to say. LOL
              Yep, the wireless connection is pretty good. I actually bought extended antenna cables, but only ever used it once. I had to place the tv tuner in cd changer location for a convertible and the bracket for the changer covers the little antennas on it, which meant it acted like a faraday cage, which caused the sound to go off for a split second, once in a while.

Even on the e39s where the tv tuner is the furthest from the driver, it’s a good connection.

Just did an e39 m5 customer in the USA, and added a HMDI input.

Tested it out with an Amazon firestick and a little gameboy device which has a hdmi output.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4331.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	261683 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4366.png
Views:	101
Size:	855.1 KB
ID:	261682 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4364.png
Views:	98
Size:	871.6 KB