Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine replacement... failing SMG test

Hey Fellas,

So ive installed the repkacent engine into the car. Ive also rplaced the clutch and fork spring... then put evefything back together.

Double cklhecked all lines and tried starting the car... Nothing... just clicks. Repkaced the battery and same thing.

Ran SMG tests in INPA and it passes the Actuator bleed... but it akways fails the clutch bleed (test 2). The error is (Slave Cylinder/Hard lines). So i replacent both Slave cylinder and all smg hard lines and still the same error.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Much appreciated!

Kareem

Do you hear the clutch pumping when doing the clutch bleed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post
      Do you hear the clutch pumping when doing the clutch bleed?

Yes
      gears are also changing when i shift (R-2)

Comment

I had a flippin time with this crap when I did my engine. All you can do is suffer until the BMW gods deem you worthy and it proceeds past the bleeding. You using a battery charger? Also what faults are active?
        Last edited by Arith2; 04-15-2023, 06:50 PM.
        This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Originally posted by x Spades x View Post

Yes
          gears are also changing when i shift (R-2)
          As in it goes R to 2??

Comment

Goes through all gears from Reverse to 2nd (car isnt moving so 2nd is the highest you get)

Comment

Can you shift the rest with INPA?

Comment

Originally posted by Icecream View Post
                Can you shift the rest with INPA?
                Yes, im able to shift into all gears

Comment

I would say keep running the bleed procedure until it succeeds. Make sure your battery is healthy as voltage drops can cause this to fail as well.

Comment

Ok... ill continue. Ive bled the actuator now for the 24th time. Lol

Comment

Is the unit in its original orientation during the bleed? Or have you relocated to drug bin?
                      3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                        Is the unit in its original orientation during the bleed? Or have you relocated to drug bin?
                        Everything is in its original location (well CSL conversion).

Comment

I agree with the continued bleed routine. When I did the smg pump in my wife’s M3 it took 6 rounds of it to be error free. (Kept it on a charger the whole time.)

Comment

Originally posted by Vonbimmer View Post
                            I agree with the continued bleed routine. When I did the smg pump in my wife’s M3 it took 6 rounds of it to be error free. (Kept it on a charger the whole time.)
                            OK, ill continue the bleeding. Thank you for the input!

Comment

Just a suggestion. What gave me fits was the little tube from the SMG reservoir was not connected tightly to the pump. Air got in, and it would not prime. Once that was fixed, it passed the SMG adaptation first time.

Comment

Working...
                              X