No announcement yet.

Running cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highway driving there is a lot of airflow with low load on the engine, so if you have relatively clean fins on your ac condenser and oil cooler, you will see lower temps. I see that on the way to the track. Once on the track with high loads, I see the needle start pegging to the right dot. Normal operation. Enjoy the car.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by mrgizmo04; 05-03-2023, 10:19 AM.
    Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post

When i get home I'll look at my box. I saved the proper size belt for the Turner Power Pulley Street kit. I believe it is 1535 but I want to be 100% sure before I say for sure. It includes a larger power steering pulley and alternator pulley so just throwing a stock pulley on is a no go unless you make those stock as well. Ultimately I don't think you ever had a failure of your cooling system but you're not worse off with preventing a failure. I'm at my 4 year mark and it almost time to redo the thermostat and water pump. Coolant also has a 4 year service life per BMW.
      I had the thermostat and water pump sitting in my garage 3 years so I was like might as well change it now, it also had green coolant so wanted to flush that all out as well. The only pulley that changed on the car was the turner power steering pulley and water pump pulley. The alternator pulley I believe is stock.. I checked on the turner website, but I don't see the water pump pulley by it self. It goes with a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by M3powerzz View Post

I had the thermostat and water pump sitting in my garage 3 years so I was like might as well change it now, it also had green coolant so wanted to flush that all out as well. The only pulley that changed on the car was the turner power steering pulley and water pump pulley. The alternator pulley I believe is stock.. I checked on the turner website, but I don't see the water pump pulley by it self. It goes with a lot.
        Yeah, to spend all that money for most of what you have seems ridiculous. Did you have switch all pulleys back to stock?
        This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

No, I found the water pump pulley. I contacted tuner Motorsports, and they had the pulley. So when it comes im putting everything back together. Going to flush the coolant system with distilled water.

Comment

Just finish putting after thing back together , here is the temps now.
            Attached Files

Comment

85C (maybe a little higher) is about where mine sits read via BlueBus from the Ibus (in normal daily driving). Oil temp should be bit higher though once fully up to temp IMO.
              Last edited by Shonky; 05-16-2023, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shonky View Post
                85C is about where mine sits read via BlueBus from the Ibus (in normal daily driving). Oil temp should be bit higher though once fully up to temp IMO.
                How do you get bluebus to read water temp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

After driving a bit. Temps were at 88-91c

Comment

Originally posted by Grke46m3 View Post
                    How do you get bluebus to read water temp?
                    Settings -> UI -> Temps
                    On non S54 cars you can also get oil temperature
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	89
Size:	878.3 KB
ID:	218025

There is also a way to have them all on a line in the display like this but it sometimes just ​doesn't work for me (C=coolant, A=air, O=oil). I think that might be the Dash. OBC option above:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	86
Size:	788.7 KB
ID:	218026

Comment

Originally posted by M3powerzz View Post
                      After driving a bit. Temps were at 88-91c
                      Sounds right on.

Comment

Working...
                      X